May 17, 2024, 01:36:40 pm

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

Stevens Untitled Rock Shoq

Started by thekoalastampede, September 19, 2005, 06:50:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thekoalastampede

Yea so I was flipping through the channels and I saw Weezer in a rare full band interview on Stevens Untitled Rock Show on Fuse. Anyway, Steven asked the band if they ever heard a band that sounded like them that they actually liked and Rivers in a rather suspicious manner just said the word "OZMA." Then he called Steven out and said "you know who they are right?" Rivers, being the ultimo beast he is went on to whore Ozma so bad that Steven decided to request an Ozma video be played during his show...

Let's see what happens...

This could be Ozma's biggest exposure in about 3 years.  :(

thekoalastampede

no Ozma...just gay Emo bands it seems.

I hate Fuse.

The Other Mike

yeah, I occasionally switch that show on and it's always awful.  Hawthorne Heights, Brand New, other crappy thursday wannabes (Hey, I love how you sing the line and then scream it.... it's like you're sad and angry.... did you invent that?).  It would be cool if ozma got played though.

Rivers really needs to start listening to some more music though... seriously.  His answer to that question and similar ones has been "Ozma" for like 4 years.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

oatmeal

Sometimes I tortue myself to watch the show for the occasional great music videos.  :eek:

Most of them I hate, but then they wil play something like the pixies, sumblime, or even unrecent saves the day! :banana:

So I think he likes mostly cooler stuff like that, but becuase he is on one of thoes sell-out music video channels the claim not to be they probally make put videos that sell. :tosser:

The Other Mike

Oh yeah, I also saw the new coheed video on that show.  The saddest thing about that video is that someone watched it and thought that the double neck guitar, awful computer special effects (lightning, fire, blood, etc.), and melodramatic black and white shots were totally awesome.

funwithsponges

Quote from: The Other Mike on September 20, 2005, 08:14:52 am
Oh yeah, I also saw the new coheed video on that show.Ã,  The saddest thing about that video is that someone watched it and thought that the double neck guitar, awful computer special effects (lightning, fire, blood, etc.), and melodramatic black and white shots were totally awesome.

Well let's see, those "melodramatic" shots are part of the story of the three albums, so if you actually paid attention to more than 5 seconds you might realize that.Ã,  And you're gonna make fun of a band for their equipment?Ã,  Are you serious?Ã,  You're hatred for a band has stooped to that?Ã,  He plays that guitar live on this and other songs, so it's not just a "ploy" for this video.

I mean, I know not EVERY video can have David Cross in it... ::)

The Other Mike

oh c'mon, the video is cheesey and dumb and you know it!

jvstin

"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

Kyosho

Okay, I want to see this episode. The show is crap in general, but if Ozma was mentioned, I must see it. Time to search through my TiVo thing to see if it's on again.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Cheese

Wasn't that Steven guy on Queer Eye a few years back?

~IYQ

Quote from: The Other Mike on September 20, 2005, 05:22:34 am(Hey, I love how you sing the line and then scream it.... it's like you're sad and angry.... did you invent that?).
HAHA

yoshigaki

Quote from: ~IYQ-san on September 22, 2005, 07:43:36 pm
Quote from: The Other Mike on September 20, 2005, 05:22:34 am(Hey, I love how you sing the line and then scream it.... it's like you're sad and angry.... did you invent that?).
HAHA

Agreed. +1s all around.

Not Jason

I'm sure eventually people will feel as stupid for listening to coheed and cambria as I feel for owning a saves the day cd.  In the mean time I reserve the right to be baffled by their popularity.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Sandguy

wait... is it "Shoq"? like a mispelled "Shock" or is it supposed to say "Show?" with Q being right next to W... *shrugs*

thekoalastampede

Quote from: Sandguy on September 23, 2005, 06:23:18 pm
wait... is it "Shoq"? like a mispelled "Shock" or is it supposed to say "Show?" with Q being right next to W... *shrugs*

typo man...relax...it's Show.

Sandguy

just curious. i've never heard of this because i don't have fuse. "Rock Shoq" sounds like a hip show to watch because of the rhyme scheme... y'know how them kids love that stuff.

thekoalastampede

Quote from: Sandguy on September 24, 2005, 10:06:10 am
just curious. i've never heard of this because i don't have fuse. "Rock Shoq" sounds like a hip show to watch because of the rhyme scheme... y'know how them kids love that stuff.

yea and since fuse is blatantly horrible it fits their image.

phatpubah

Quote from: Not Jason on September 22, 2005, 11:16:23 pm
I'm sure eventually people will feel as stupid for listening to coheed and cambria as I feel for owning a saves the day cd.  In the mean time I reserve the right to be baffled by their popularity.
id feel embarressed if i listened to coheed because they suck dick
heyoooooooooooooooo

haha saves the day isnt that bad...i still enjoy stay what you are are silly as that sounds
CPL593H

oatmeal

I like the song and the video "freakish".

rwaskippy

Quote from: phatpubah on September 25, 2005, 08:17:12 pm
Quote from: Not Jason on September 22, 2005, 11:16:23 pm
I'm sure eventually people will feel as stupid for listening to coheed and cambria as I feel for owning a saves the day cd.Ã,  In the mean time I reserve the right to be baffled by their popularity.
id feel embarressed if i listened to coheed because they suck dick
heyoooooooooooooooo

i wanted to see what all the fuss was about them so i listened to a few of their songs.. and yeah they suck
This space is intentionally left blank

Power Lloyd

Fuse may suck, but at least they show videos.

So hey...videos.

Rome

Oh sweet! Guys, I've never liked Coheed and Cambria!

I mean damn. Havn't Alvin and the Chipmunks filed a lawsuit against the lead singer?OH SHIT!! BURNAHAHAH!

tom

Quote from: Rome on November 17, 2005, 11:23:13 am
Oh sweet! Guys, I've never liked Coheed and Cambria!

I mean damn. Hasn't Geddy Lee filed a lawsuit against the lead singer?OH SHIT!! BURNAHAHAH!