May 17, 2024, 12:08:21 pm

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

Possible Ozma show this weekend

Started by Indoor Fireworks, January 10, 2006, 08:46:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Indoor Fireworks

I overheard someone in my class saying Ozma was going to be playing some sort of benefit show this weekend at The Hop in La Puente, CA (I'm not exactly sure if that is the city it is in, but I do know it is right off the 60 freeway near the Puente Hills mall). I tried to look into it online to see if it was true, but I cant find anything. I thought I'd bring it to everyone's attention in case someone else might know some more details about it. Again, I only over heard someone say it and the chances of it being true are pretty slim (The Hop is a shitty place), but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Jonathan
You have balls. I like balls.

heysarahsarah

Yeah, I'm like 99.999% sure your friend is mistaken.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

I like ozma

they'll describe everything colors on everything.

Jeff42

I just searched for Ozma on Google News and discovered this article from www.theclariononline.com ("The Student Newspaper at Citrus College"):
QuoteTHE MUSIC DEPARTMENT recently hosted 500 Japanese students in a weekend program designed to give them insights into music careers.

Alan Waddington, a professor in the Citrus College music department, spent several months planning this event, known as the Kenshu program.

The student participants attend four trade schools in Japan: Tokyo School of Music, Osaka School of Music, Fukuoka School of Music and Nagoya Communication Arts.

The program, in its seventh year, kicked off with a performance by bassist Steve Bartek and guitarist John Avila of the legendary '80s band Oingo Boingo.

Kenshu 2006 consisted of workshops tailored for students interested in music engineering, recording, business, writing, show coordinating, and songwriting and performing.

The program is designed to build a relationship with Japanese music schools and recruit international students to Citrus College.

Since the students do not speak English, translators were used for every speaker.

Kung Fu Records owner Joe Escalante, who hosts the radio show "Barely Legal" on Indie 103.1, presented a music business workshop.

"It was interesting," Escalante said. "I think the students were getting a lot of information. The interpreters made it hard to get the subtleties across, but it was easier to lecture because it gave you time to think."

Japanese student Yoko Kobayashi said she enjoyed her five-day visit in America and the workshops she attended at Citrus.

"It was fun," Kobayashi said. "We learned how to match the sound to the film. It was an awesome experience."

Citrus students from the music department helped out with the events.

Music major Lonn Hayes played drums during the break on Saturday.

"It was great," Hayes said. "They're all really nice people, so it doesn't feel like I'm working at all. It's been a good time."

The event ended with a performance by OZMA, a local band from Pasadena, and If All Else Fails, a band featuring Citrus students.

Three-time presenter, Waleed Rashidi, adviser to Logos magazine at Citrus College, said the event went well.

"It was extremely successful," Rashidi said. "Teachers and students both got a lot out of it. Everything went according to well-oiled plan."

According to the picture captions with the article, this took place on January 14.  (I tried linking to the article but it went to a registration required page; however I was able to access it from the link on this Google News page.)

heysarahsarah

Interesting.  Not at The Hop, but ya know.

No day but today.

Colt45

Senor Beavis! Donde Esta Tu Hall Pass?

heysarahsarah

Quote from: Colt45 on January 29, 2006, 08:47:43 pm
Quote from: heysarahsarah on January 29, 2006, 06:33:38 pm
Interesting.  Not at The Hop, but ya know.

99.999% lol

Oh, a show didn't actually occur that I said I didn't think would and you laugh?

lol is right

No day but today.

Indoor Fireworks

Wow... weird... I actually knew about an Ozma show and I didn't even try to find a way to go.... to top it off, I go to that school.

Indoor Fireworks

and I was on the campus that day. I drove out there on a Saturday even though I didn't have classes. I needed to buy books, but I'm a stupid duche bag so I neglected to find out if the bookstore was even open on Saturdays. It wasnt. I wasted alot of gas.