May 16, 2024, 11:13:34 pm

News:

If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

Forever and a Day

Started by Fantastic Max, March 02, 2006, 04:18:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantastic Max

March 02, 2006, 04:18:30 pm Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 08:47:04 pm by ozmacity
That's how long the wait for this has felt.

10 more days though. Hooray!
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

I like ozma

oh yeah, well forever and two days for me

ironbird

its just forever for me, cause i can't go.  Maybe there's not much hope of them coming to japan this year.  I guess i'll just hold out for a new album
If you're reading this then you have no life!  Go ask a girl out or something!ãâ,¬â,¬Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã£ÂÂ¾Ã£Ââ€˜Ã£Ââ€žÃ£ÂÂ¬

Fantastic Max

Quote from: ironbird on March 03, 2006, 12:25:36 am
its just forever for me, cause i can't go.Ã,  Maybe there's not much hope of them coming to japan this year.Ã,  I guess i'll just hold out for a new album
Just conform to the American lifestyle and hop a plane.
-Donkey Lips

Not Jason

You shouldn't have capitalized "and" or "a".  That sort of shit drives me completely insane.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

yoshigaki

Quote from: Not Jason on March 03, 2006, 01:45:54 pm
You shouldn't have capitalized "and" or "a".  That sort of shit drives me completely insane.

Do you know the specific rules for this?  It drives me insane too, but I don't know what the rules are specifically, so sometimes I don't feel completely justified in my insanity.

Not Jason

Quote from: yoshigaki on March 03, 2006, 02:06:18 pm
You shouldn't have capitalized "and" or "a".Ã,  That sort of shit drives me completely insane.

Do you know the specific rules for this?Ã,  It drives me insane too, but I don't know what the rules are specifically, so sometimes I don't feel completely justified in my insanity.

In titles:  capitalize the first and last word, do not capitalize articals.  Prepositions under (and including?) 5 letters long are not capitalized, and I THINK conjunctions might follow a similar rule.

I'm remembering this all from 6th grade english class, so I'm a little fuzzy by now.
I am the baseball.

FireAarro

All your base are Belong to Us
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

gloom-glaam

Move Zig for great justice

Not Jason

Quote from: FireAarro on March 03, 2006, 02:42:55 pm

The future called, they said that joke's not going to get funny again, so we can just drop it now.
I am the baseball.

The Other Mike

Quote from: Not Jason on March 03, 2006, 05:28:08 pm
Quote from: FireAarro on March 03, 2006, 02:42:55 pm

The future called, they said that joke's not going to get funny again, so we can just drop it now.

Plus, base should have been capitalized.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

ironbird

Quote from: ozmacity on March 03, 2006, 01:17:03 am
its just forever for me, cause i can't go.  Maybe there's not much hope of them coming to japan this year.  I guess i'll just hold out for a new album

well, i am American, so i guess i have already conformed, deviated and reintegrated to American lifestyle.  not so easy to just hop a plane though.  Flying across the world isn't like dusting crops boy!
If you're reading this then you have no life!  Go ask a girl out or something!ãâ,¬â,¬Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã£ÂÂ¾Ã£Ââ€˜Ã£Ââ€žÃ£ÂÂ¬

Fantastic Max

Quote from: ironbird on March 03, 2006, 08:31:42 pm
Quote from: ozmacity on March 03, 2006, 01:17:03 am
its just forever for me, cause i can't go.Ã,  Maybe there's not much hope of them coming to japan this year.Ã,  I guess i'll just hold out for a new album

well, i am American, so i guess i have already conformed, deviated and reintegrated to American lifestyle.Ã,  not so easy to just hop a plane though.Ã,  Flying across the world isn't like dusting crops boy!
Dang. I was sure it was.
-Donkey Lips

Fantastic Max

You shouldn't have capitalized "and" or "a".Ã,  That sort of shit drives me completely insane.
Changed.

Happy? ha   Ass.

Sometimes it just looks awkward without the caps. Like a lot of artists will capitalize every word, and I see so many variations that I'd never know which is right.
-Donkey Lips

claydarcy

March 04, 2006, 05:37:00 am #14 Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 05:41:56 am by The Subjunctive Mood
The rules for composition titles in media adherent to AP's guidelines:

Capitalize the principal words, including prepositions and articles of four or more letters.

Capitalize an article or words of fewer than four letters if it is the first or last word in a title.

And a few other things, like translating titles and quotation marks, blahblah. That'd be for books, poems--and presumably, forum posts. Of course, stylebooks vary and I'm willing to bet that there're some out there that dictate capital letters be used to begin every word in titles. You can't say that your sixth grade composition teacher knew the only way and expect to be right! Styles vary and one must allow it to avoid frustration.

Oh, and it'd be All Your Base Are Belong to Us; the "your" would also be capitalized. I'm not sure how you missed that!

One-sentence paragraphs are "in".

Now, off the topic of fake pedants:

I hope they come to Florida.

edit:
Goddamnit I did it again.

Fantastic Max

5 days, 2 hours, Pacific Time.   :o
-Donkey Lips

Fantastic Max

-Donkey Lips