April 29, 2024, 07:13:50 pm

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

coptic records dot com

Started by introspect9, April 04, 2005, 10:35:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

introspect9

hey all. i got a few songs from daniel the other day, and the website which he had referred me to got me quite excited. thought i'd share. nothing much to it right now, but i'm assuming that it's going to be the home base of things to come...

www.copticrecords.com

glad to see that this forum has stayed as active as it used to be. i wish i wasn't referred to as a "newbie" on this damn message board, seen as i've known about ozma for sooo long!!! goddammit all.

hope you're all doing well.
-spencer

Bob511

Sadly, nothing has changed on that front page for the last few months.  :'(
That doesn't stop me from continually checking it in the hope that Ocean Floor will suddenly change to an "Order Here" link.

Not Jason

remember that time daniel finished something he started...

i'm glad he's focusing on gone with the ghosts now because that's the project of his that I like the most, but i wonder if coptic records and speak easy are going to suffer the same fate as the lost contraband album (which you may recall was initially supposed to be part of some long series of themed albums or something ridiculously ambitious).  I sure hope not.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

angie

hasn't kick the tires already been released on tornado and mp3.com? they should put out that second commuter music album that's mentioned in the liner notes for kick the tires, light the fires (is that what it's called? ...something like that)
"leather interior for your posterior" i believe it was

his series of 10 albums that were supposed to start being released 02/02/02 or something like that...
yeah, sucks how so much hasn't come about
i'm definitely looking forward to his solo album and the monstro album
(gone with the ghosts can wait, in my opinion)

Not Jason

he's too similar to myself in that respect i think.  i tend to start projects, and then fill my plate up with a handful of other things at the same time that make it difficult to give any specific one the proper attention.  This wouldn't really be so bad if he didn't fomally anounce plans and then ditch them.  Anybody who IMed me asking if I knew any specifics about the speakeasy release that was originally scheduled for the fall migh recall that i had a lot of doubts as to whether that date would stand, and indeed it did get pushed back and now, based on the fact that he's apparently texas doing stuff with gone with the ghosts, who knows if it's even in any sort of progress at this point.  as for the monstro album, I seemed to get the impression from dan, and my memory might be fogging it, it's not going to consist of anything that we haven't heard yet.  i think he said it was going to be better mixes... maybe he said fresh recordings, but my memory is leaning towards basically the stuff we've already got.  it's probably a safe bet that monstro isn't going to come back together to record any time soon, because ezra is busy making the greatest music i've ever heard in my life (www.mae-shi.com).  even if the commuter music release is wholely original... we can all probably manage to live without new commuter music... it'll be hard work i know.  Seeing as how I wasn't really that into the speakeasy stuff anyway, I'm glad he's working with gone with the ghosts.  I'm also going to be optimistic and hope this project goes somewhere.
I am the baseball.

angie

that's what i figured about the monstro album (just knock the word "demo" off and there's the album for ya)
it's his solo album that i really really want cuz there's gotta be new stuff on there and i do like his speakeasy stuff
i think it would be safe to be optimistic about gone with the ghosts going somewhere since it's the most....band-like of all of daniel's other projects, and it involves more people so that's gotta be more motivating to keep things going (i can't seem to get the distinction i feel between monstro and gone with the ghosts into words in terms of their...group structure, i suppose...but you know what i mean, right?)
there's something about the general sound of gone with the ghosts that hasn't completely settled with me yet
it feels...cluttered and darker, whereas i prefer the simplicity and clarity of his solo work

spencer, are these daniel songs you got new songs? speakeasy songs?

Not Jason

i like the dark vibe of gone with the ghosts.  i think daniel shines brightest when he's being dark... that was corny.
I am the baseball.

jvstin

Quote from: Not Jason on April 06, 2005, 07:37:13 pm
i like the dark vibe of gone with the ghosts.Ã,  i think daniel shines brightest when he's being dark... that was corny.
i've never heard him being dark...so it's pretty weird for me. can't really get into it.
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"