April 30, 2024, 04:01:28 am

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

tabs

Started by yoroen, November 30, 2005, 12:57:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ok, so which instrument do u think is the most important to a band?

guitar
bass
drums
mic
mixer

yoroen

November 30, 2005, 12:57:19 pm Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 06:05:01 am by yoroen
hello, im yoroen. i was searching up some tabs for my drums and ive always wanted to play the tetris theme ozma made. can anyone reply with tabs for ozma for drums? or at least send me a link.

--yoroen--

The Other Mike

tabs for drums?  do those even exist?
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

wooti

I think so. I get lots of results on google for "drum tabs", anyway.

The Other Mike

I just don't see any use for them. 

phatpubah

uh just listen to the songs
drums syuff is  easy to figure out
CPL593H

The Other Mike

Quote from: phatpubah on November 30, 2005, 09:43:49 pm
uh just listen to the songs
drums syuff is  easy to figure out

yeah, it's not like you really need to train your ear like with picking out guitar chords.  there's only about 7 or 8 different sounds a drum kit can make (weird hits and such not withstanding, since you're not going to learn that stuff from a tab anyways).

yoroen

no, trust me. its hard to listen to good music and figure out if the drummer uses a crash or hi-hat symbol. or if he uses a bass drum or a floor tom. see, its hard to know. so im gonna do some more research.

phatpubah

on the poll: bass
it holds everything together and it sounds like shit without it
plus i play it...
CPL593H

icecreamman

Quote from: yoroen on December 02, 2005, 05:50:22 am
no, trust me. its hard to listen to good music and figure out if the drummer uses a crash or hi-hat symbol. or if he uses a bass drum or a floor tom. see, its hard to know. so im gonna do some more research.
If it is so hard to tell(which it isn't), then just play either one and it will sound right for you...

The Other Mike

Quote from: yoroen on December 02, 2005, 05:50:22 am

I don't have to trust you, I'm a drummer.  It' not hard if the recording is any good.  I mean maybe if you're talking about some wild Neil-Pert-hitting-everything-at-a-million-beats-a-minute shit, but how would you tab that anyways?  If there's a ton of different ways to configure a drum kit (unlike the standard 6 strings on a guitar), how is there some sort of standard tab notation?

Zombie Don Ho

Drum notation does indeed exist, and can be pretty useful when you're just starting out.

The Other Mike

oh I've certainly used drum notation for rudiments and stuff, but using it for rock songs seems kind of weird.

Zombie Don Ho

i don't know what's weird about it... no different than a score for any other instrument.  I learned out of the Beatles Complete Scores book.

yoroen

well, what i meant was that some sounds seem the same but just have a different tone to it. and some people would sometimes un tune there set.

Fantastic Max

Gosh man..its drums..that song is simple anyways.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

amish

Personally I don't see why it really matters. What is the big deal if it's the hihat or the crash? Chances are you don't have the same exact equipment, so it's going to sound different anyways. Most people will not know the difference. And those that will, will still appreciate it.

yoroen

December 06, 2005, 02:47:43 pm #16 Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 02:50:49 pm by yoroen
eh, i guess but i like to get things right.
and does any one know a site i can go to with a link that'll let me load the songs on to my media player? i could us it for xanga.

I like ozma

you can figure out a bass from a floor tom

yoroen

December 08, 2005, 04:38:53 am #18 Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 10:34:45 am by yoroen
well ya... all i want to do is learn to play the song korobeiniki cuz it has a pretty kool beat to it around the middle of the song.

yoroen

ok, can anyone tell me where i can find ozma tabs for drums? thats all im asking...

Kurtzie

Just go to 911tabs.com. I don't think they have korobeiniki though.
Everything will work out as long as you do whatever you want with out worring about the consequences.

yoroen

ok, so does anyone know any sites that has any good drum tabs?

ActionExplosion

... ok what?  why do you need tabs for drums

first off,, not to bash ozma, but pat wasent the most Samuel drummer.  he was pretty simplistic.  Just listen to it and play it eh?

The Other Mike

oh let's not get into this discussion again....

anyways... drum tabs are rather rare (for obvious reasons), and ozma drum tabs even more so (which is to say you'd be lucky if any exist at all).  You've already asked here once and it was pretty clear that no one used them, nevermind knew where any were.  Good luck in your search I suppose, but you'd be better off spending your time developing your ear to the point where you can just figure these things out.

oatmeal

Quote from: yoroen on December 08, 2005, 04:38:53 am
well ya... all i want to do is learn to play the song korobeiniki cuz it has a pretty kool beat to it around the middle of the song.

most of it is the basic surf beat.(cymbal the whole time with base-rest-snare-snare-base-rest-snare-rest). I think.

The base is kind of hard to hear in louder ozma songs so mostly just listen to the cymbals and snares, wich are easy to hear.

Most of his beast are pretty bassic, usualy like bass-bass-snare-rest with high hat the whole time.

So just listen to the guitar and pick a bass beat that goes with it.

Dosent have to be the same, just as long as it complements and sounds good with the song, not being a hog.

Becuase ozma is more about guitars and keyboards becuase they are big into meledoys.

yoroen

um, ok. what I really meant was that some times i just cant hear the drums being played in the back round. All I really wated was to find a good web site that can show me tabs for kool bands like saosin, ozma, billy talent... all that stuff. please dont make this hard.

amish

I would think that if people knew where to get drum tabs, someone would have responded by now.

Googling for what you're looking for is going to be your best bet. That's all anyone else here could do, Google for it and find something that looks good.