April 30, 2024, 10:56:16 am

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

Perfect Tour

Started by woudrow, January 20, 2006, 12:34:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Jason

I saw John Davis's website though when he first put out whatever that album was, and it was VERY goddish, it scared me away pretty easily.  It only had a few samples up, and they seemed to be all christian songs, and the promo information was frightening.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

heysarahsarah

I can't say I'd want Ozma to ever play with Weezer again.  That wouldn't be a good way to kick the "Weezer ripoff" stigma.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

Nordel

March 24, 2006, 03:34:08 am #62 Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 03:45:01 am by sandbaby
I checked out Jon Davis and it sounds pretty Superdragish to me and not at all like Christian rock. I don't know what you guys are talking about, I thought it was good.

edit:
Okay. After paying closer attention to some of the lyrics I can I see what you mean. The music still kicks ass, though. I could still dig this, as long as there is no praying. To quote Hank Hill "You're not making Christianity better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse. "

I believe in seperation of church and rock.

xellyjane

i like the space twins. i liked that song goddess of love, but i lost it somehow. id like to see the rentals and ozma but somehow i doubt they'd make it out to the eastsiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide without someone like weezer with them. maybe im wrong. did anyone see weezer on this last tour. did they have a tour after make believe? was it ok? i still (as in i did five years ago when i saw them last) enjoy weezer live.

I like ozma

ive never seen weezer.

FireAarro

Ozma and The Mae Shi...

Oh, wait...
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Cade

March 24, 2006, 04:05:29 pm #66 Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 04:11:12 pm by Cade
Quote from: xellyjane on March 24, 2006, 07:55:35 am
i like the space twins. i liked that song goddess of love, but i lost it somehow. id like to see the rentals and ozma but somehow i doubt they'd make it out to the eastsiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide without someone like weezer with them. maybe im wrong. did anyone see weezer on this last tour. did they have a tour after make believe? was it ok? i still (as in i did five years ago when i saw them last) enjoy weezer live.

i saw them play with foo fighters and they were good..it was a lot more laid back than the first time I saw them.  they had the "guy from the audience gets to play on undone" thing on the tour, and also rivers playing island in the sun acoustic while standing out in the audience.  the foo fighters...now they put on one hell of a show.  they also played Big Me at that show. (weezer did)

Nordel

I saw Weezer right after The Green Album was released (I think it was one of the first shows they played with Scott Shriner), and although they only played like two Pinkerton songs, it was probably the best sounding show I have ever been to, at least as far as performance and just general sound setup.

~IYQ

March 24, 2006, 08:25:33 pm #68 Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 08:26:34 pm by ~IYQ
Quote from: Indoor Fireworks on January 22, 2006, 09:02:03 pm
Quote from: oatmeal on January 21, 2006, 11:01:33 amI love the space twins, the non "End of Imagining" stuff mostly though.

I couldn't agree more.

p.s., the correct answer was Crowbar/Type O Negative/Fear Factory (in that order)

brad

Opener - Satisfaction
1st Act - Ozma
2nd Act - Ben Kweller (w/ band)

that would kick ass.

tom

Quote from: sandbaby on March 24, 2006, 05:49:38 pm
I saw Weezer right after The Green Album was released (I think it was one of the first shows they played with Scott Shriner), and although they only played like two Pinkerton songs, it was probably the best sounding show I have ever been to, at least as far as performance and just general sound setup.

Mike was the bassist at that time, Scott didn't jump on board until Maladroit-Era weezer.

savewhatyouare

Quote from: sandbaby on March 24, 2006, 05:49:38 pm

i've seen =W= 9 times, I think, and they've only played songs from Pinkerton about 3 or 4 times. Their "reunion show" with the Get Up Kids and Ozma (best show ever) is the most times I've ever seen them play Pinkerton. They played most of the songs off the record, besides Falling For You and No Other One. That was the first time I saw ozma play too.

Rome

Going back to the beatles and ozma...

Swiz0r

the perfect tour would be ozma opening for ozma, with no less than six stops to massachusetts.

Axolotl

THE PERFECT TOUR IS...

Ozma opens for Hum.
"The mission could be corrupted and we wouldn't know"