May 02, 2024, 07:24:19 am

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

San diego.. .. .

Started by baf, March 11, 2006, 11:54:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

baf

March 11, 2006, 11:54:52 pm Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 11:57:26 pm by baf
It was a great show as always. i won't spoil too much for the LA attendees, so you guys will be somewhat surprised, haha.

they played about an hour set. there was a good amount of songs in that hour though

dan to star: "ready baby?" HAHAHAH
dan also did a little rap during domino effect, talking about hoes.  :P

i think Ryen was drunk the whole time. he was staring at the stage lights all weird, and missed some of his singing cues, hah.

be in for a treat. "It's been a while since we played together, so we're going to play stuff we haven't played in a while" ;) *hint*

I hope you guys will like the new "battlescars" ;)

people did crowd surf at the end! in good taste though in my opinion, because it was a celebration of ozma's return.

blehh, if you guys wanna know more, i'm pretty sure someone else will comment, if not, i'll be back.

brad

tell us more dammit.   new battlescars???????

baf

not so much new, just played differently. i PMed you.

savewhatyouare

ok. spoil me please. i want to know the setlist.

it was an awesome, powerful show.Ã,  I'm quite satisfied with it as my first real Ozma concert.Ã, 
mark your spoilers though if you're gonna talk about it. :p

claydarcy

Quote from: brad on March 11, 2006, 11:56:01 pm
tell us more dammit.   new battlescars???????
I bet the new lyrics have "there're" instead of "there's".
:D

PM me and spoil it for me?

Indoor Fireworks

You have balls. I like balls.

baf

okay okay, like indoor fireworks said,(*&^(*&^(^%(&$%$(& spoiler alert )&*^($(&$*^%(*&^)(&^*)

as far as setlist, i'll divide it up to albums, since memory is weak:
started with:
-natalie portman
-shootingstars
-spending time (now mind gets fuzzy after this)
-game over
-restart
-eponine
-wake up
-no one needs to know
-korobeikini
-the business of getting down
-flight of the bootymaster
-NEW SONG
-baseball
-domino effect
-battlescars
-In search of 1988

After they played their "last song"domino effect, they left the stage for 30 seconds and came back for an encore. Kenn, Dan and Ryen were the only 3 that came out. special thing about it is that Kenn went to the keyboards and put on star's headset thingy she uses to sing (since she doesn't have an actual mic) and kenn starts to play battlescars on the keyboard. not the part that star plays, but as if the whole song was transcribed onto piano. so he's playing the verse, and then he starts to sing the first verse with just him on the piano. then dan and ryen join him on bass and guitar respectively a little bit later, and also sing along with him. then once he starts to sing "when everything around turns blue" jose comes out and get behind the drums, and they all play during the first "there's battlescars... " part.  then for the second verse, ryen sings it like usual, and then when he hits the "and when i finally wash ashore" part, kenn goes back on drums, jose back on guitar (they both do this wrestling tag team type handshake hah), and (finally!) star comes back to the keyboards and play the song as usual. like i said before, it was a cool way to inroduce him.

the new song was indeed a new song that was probably premiered that night, to the best of my knowledge . i don't know how to describe it.... different? i have to listen to it again before i can form an opinion.

oatmeal

March 12, 2006, 12:16:20 pm #8 Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 12:19:16 pm by oatmeal
Quote from: baf on March 12, 2006, 10:04:56 am
okay okay, like indoor fireworks said,(*&^(*&^(^%(&$%$(& spoiler alert )&*^($(&$*^%(*&^)(&^*)

as far as setlist, i'll divide it up to albums, since memory is weak:
started with:
-natalie portman
-shootingstars
-spending time (now mind gets fuzzy after this)
-game over
-restart
-eponine
-wake up
-no one needs to know
-korobeikini
-the business of getting down
-flight of the bootymaster
-NEW SONG <---------- This is not "D Song" is it? I hope not.
-baseball
-domino effect
-battlescars
-In search of 1988

Please forgive me if I am undestimating your knowlage of the "D song". Becuase at the irregardless show the called the "D song" a new song.

baf

no, it wasn't D song since i heard it a couple of times (purevolume, ozma repository etc.) but omg, you underestimated me! gahhh!!!111!!11 no forgiveness for you!!! ;D

oatmeal

March 12, 2006, 06:26:04 pm #10 Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 06:27:23 pm by oatmeal
awesome,Ã, Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  Ã,  :happydance:
I sure hope it gets reocrded tonight.