April 30, 2024, 11:18:34 am

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

June 23rd @ The Sonar Lounge in Baltimore, MD

Started by Volt, May 23, 2007, 11:56:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Volt

If I miss this it will ruin my entire summer XD

If anyone else is going to this one, send me some pics so I can look for ya there  ;D

Beorn

I'm gonna be there I hope!
Don't have any pictures here... check my old posts, I probably have one somewhere..

Not only will there be pix/pics/picters, but there'll be videoz!

theworkersaregoinghome

See you guys there tonight...last night was brilliant!

DavidS

anybody know approx. what time ozma will come on tonight? i know there are three opening acts

TOTALLY DOPE show.

Awesome set list.

Good job dudes!

crimsonkitten

My boyfriend and I were there last night, it was freaking fantastic.  If you were up front, you might remember me, I was the tall guy in the kilt  :P

Been waiting for 6 years to see these guys, and it did not disappoint  ;D

Quote from: crimsonkitten on June 24, 2007, 09:36:07 am
My boyfriend and I were there last night, it was freaking fantastic.  If you were up front, you might remember me, I was the tall guy in the kilt  :P

I remember you!  You were rocking out hard! :)  I was the dude video taping.  You definitely made it in the video, so keep checking back here occasionally because they will be online at some point in the future.

crimsonkitten

Quote from: Samuel on June 24, 2007, 05:39:12 pm
Quote from: crimsonkitten on June 24, 2007, 09:36:07 am

I remember you!  You were rocking out hard! :)  I was the dude video taping.  You definitely made it in the video, so keep checking back here occasionally because they will be online at some point in the future.

Oh wow, that's so awesome!  I was just so happy to -be- there, seeing these 5 great musicians playing the songs I grew up listening to...  and it was even cooler that there were so many people around me who also knew all the words and melodies, like a great outpouring of energy from within.

I can't wait to see it :D

Yeah, I was so pumped about the crowd.  Everyone was SO into it.  There really was exceptional energy at that show...  It reminded me of their reunion tour, just on a smaller scale.  I'm glad so many hard core OZMA fans are Marylanders.

theworkersaregoinghome

Samuel -- were you at the DC show taping as well?  I could have sworn so. 

Is the material for a dvd or just 'off' use?  You sure looked like a pro!

Quote from: theworkersaregoinghome on June 26, 2007, 08:03:17 pm
Samuel -- were you at the DC show taping as well?  I could have sworn so. 

Is the material for a dvd or just 'off' use?  You sure looked like a pro!

:P  Well thank you kindly.  I am not a "pro" show filmer, but videography is my job so all that equipment is pretty standard.  --I assume you were noting the mic and cables and headphones and camera that is too heavy for me.
And yes, that was me in DC as well.
Right now this isn't DVD footage, but the purpose right now is just for documentation/archive.  We were glad there was a good reaction to the stuff online.  So, I'll certainly put some stuff up, just don't expect the full show or anything.  We're still not sure what the ultimate purpose of all this footage should be, but they make great video internet video clips to say the least!

Were you are both shows?  & Who are you? :P

theworkersaregoinghome

Samuel -- I was at both shows!  My wife and I stood by the speaker stack in DC in front of Star and then in front of Star/Ryen in Baltimore -- we were in the very front hanging on the monitors.  I wore the Pixies shirt -- seemed to be how the guys at the merch table recognized me afterwards.  We live in central PA (50 minutes from Balt. and 2 hours from DC).
I'm the drummer in 'bigmouth strikes again' (www.myspace.com/bigmouthstrikesagainmusic), which nobody knows yet but hopefully will soon.  I keep fairly quiet 'round these parts, but I like keeping in touch with the happenings and what not.   Other than that, there's not much to me.

So did OZMA hire you for those two shows or are you on tour with them, similar to a Karl Koch-type member?

Quote from: theworkersaregoinghome on July 02, 2007, 05:55:01 pm
Samuel -- I was at both shows!  My wife and I stood by the speaker stack in DC in front of Star and then in front of Star/Ryen in Baltimore -- we were in the very front hanging on the monitors.  I wore the Pixies shirt -- seemed to be how the guys at the merch table recognized me afterwards.  We live in central PA (50 minutes from Balt. and 2 hours from DC).
I'm the drummer in 'bigmouth strikes again' (www.myspace.com/bigmouthstrikesagainmusic), which nobody knows yet but hopefully will soon.  I keep fairly quiet 'round these parts, but I like keeping in touch with the happenings and what not.   Other than that, there's not much to me.

So did OZMA hire you for those two shows or are you on tour with them, similar to a Karl Koch-type member?

Once I take a look at the video from Baltimore I'm sure I'll find you, and I'm sure you'll be in it.  In short, essentially, yes, I am more or less hired by OZMA.  But I started as a fan who just got to know the band.  They are all great people and a pleasure to work with.  And they don't pay me to say that. :P  It's a major bonus that I love the music.