May 02, 2024, 11:24:46 am

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

june 5th @ warehouse live

Started by Джесси, June 03, 2007, 10:42:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Джесси

June 03, 2007, 10:42:28 pm Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 10:46:22 pm by Zoso1971
The first stop on their headling tour. I'm going to be there with my girlfriend tomorrow. Anybody else?
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

rmlawrence

My wife and I were there among the handful of people in attendance.  I took a few pictures.

Others are here...
http://www.rmlawrence.org/ozma/

Sorry they're not great.  If I can't be right up front when taking pictures I try to stay behind most of the crowd to avoid distracting people.

heysarahsarah

Nice pics :)  Fun show?

How was the crowd?
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

Джесси

The show was exceptionally fun. I was able to stand next to the stage on the far left, just in front of Jose. The crowd size seemed to be somewhere between 30-40 people (sorry, I'm not good at guesstimating), and everyone was into it. It was nice, because it wasn't that packed and no one was pushing or shoving to try to get close to the stage. I'll post a set list soon enough, though it will be out of order. Something had gone wrong while they were trying to play HvH, and I'm sure that kind of threw things off. Also, I wasn't able to grab a setlist  :( and my bad memory keeps me from remembering the exact order of things. All in all it was a great show, in some aspects the best I've been to. It was my third show to go to; first to see them headline. I'll try to get some pics up soon  ;D

rmlawrence

I had counted about 70 or so people before Ozma was on, but that's a rough count.

Most of the crowd wasn't really into the opening acts, but once Ozma took the stage the lifelessness went away.  It was probably the smallest crowd I've seen at a headlining show, but that was fine by me.  It meant no idiots talking to friends on their cell phones during the show or people pushing and shoving.  This show proved that a crowd can be enthusiastic about a band while remaining respectful of others around them.  There were people jumping, shouting requests, cheering, and singing along... as to be expected.  It was a good time.

I don't remember all the songs that were played and I certainly don't remember the order.  I'm awful when it comes to remembering sets.  I'm sure zoso will recall a little better.

Джесси

June 07, 2007, 04:17:02 pm #5 Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 05:47:19 pm by Zoso1971
Well, like I said, I figured I was off when it came to the audience count. Anyways, here's a list of songs they played (to the best of my recollection) in as close to the actual order as possible. I'm pretty sure the first few are correct. After an attempt to play HvH, the band went into Tetris Theme then had asked the audience what we wanted to hear.  "Natalie Portman" was played by request first, then "Baseball." After that, I'm unsure of the song order. I know "Rocks" ended the set, and "Domino Effect" and "Landing..." were played as an encore.

Spending Time
Fight the Darkness
Eponine
Barriers
Shootingstars
HvH (though this was quickly abandoned due to some sort of malfunction...I believe they were trying to play some sort of track for Star to sing along with, and it didn't work)
Korobeiniki
Natalie Portman
Baseball
Wake Up
Straight Flush
Battlescars
Underneath My Tree
Rocks

(encore)
Domino Effect
Landing of Yuri Gagarin

If I forgot anything, or if you think the order is different, feel free to correct me  :)

Джесси

Here's a few pictures my girlfriend and I took. Not many, mostly due to a dying battery, but we'll do our best to get some tonight at the show in Dallas.

rmlawrence

That set sounds right... and I couldn't begin to tell you about the order.

I wish I had been familiar with the songs off of Pasadena before the show, but I didn't pick up the CD until that night.  Of the songs they played, I'm really liking Straight Flush and Underneath My Tree.

Thanks for posting the pics.  The lighting on Jose and Daniel was awful so you can hardly see them in mine.

Джесси

June 07, 2007, 11:04:49 pm #8 Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 05:48:35 pm by Zoso1971
Yeah...do "Domino Effect" and "Landing of Yuri Gagarin" seem right as the encore? I'd think that out of all things I could remember the beginning and end, but I doubt myself for some reason.

Nonetheless, thanks for your pictures as well. The brighter ones were taken with flash while the other two weren't. I was fortunate enough to stand right next to the stage. However, Daniel would very rarely turn my way, so all I could get was his backside for the most part.

Alex

OMG, I would die to hear Baseball live..  Maybe more than any other Ozma song, although there are so many, and so many I haven't heard.  That's the song that got me into them, so great.. 
We can blast way inside

rmlawrence

Quote from: Zoso1971 on June 07, 2007, 11:04:49 pm
Yeah...do "Domino Effect" and "Landing of the Yuri Gagarin" seem right as the encore?

Those sound right.  Seems like I remember another song... but for the life of me I can't imagine what it could be.  So maybe my brain is just fooling me.