April 30, 2024, 12:09:49 pm

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

June 8th in Dallas

Started by VanSlegr Fan, June 04, 2007, 08:56:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VanSlegr Fan

Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

I save my best for last and after that don't even ask me - Beck

Джесси

ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

VanSlegr Fan

o thats cool, who else is going from the board taht u know?
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

Cade

i would be but i have to go home for a wedding

Джесси

Quote from: HammerTap on June 05, 2007, 09:18:17 pm
o thats cool, who else is going from the board taht u know?

Well, I don't know that many people on the board, but I know for sure that Martha Gail (Samantha), Kris Danger (he and Handclaps are opening), as well as electric warrior (my other cousin that doesn't post here anymore) will be going. I know a few other non-OFF'ers that will be there as well.

VanSlegr Fan

thats cool, we should wear nametags. jk. kinda.

it'll be my 2nd Ozma show i saw em with Rentals in August.

does Kris post on here?  i think there are 3 bands opening. boo to that.

Джесси

Well, despite how looked down upon it apparently is, I likely will be wearing an Ozma shirt. Though, I may not, because it would be somewhat contradictory to say I was there to see H&H while wearing an Ozma t-shirt. Weââ,¬â,,¢ll see.

Anyway, this will be my fourth show if you include last night at Warehouse Live. I saw them with The Rentals as well, which was great.

As far as Kris posting here, I think Iââ,¬â,,¢ve seen a few of his posts here and there. I donââ,¬â,,¢t think he post as frequently as he once did though. Handclaps will be good, and the other two openers were decent in my opinion. I liked Eastern Conference Champions a bit better than The Actual, but again this is personal taste. In any case, Ozma is well worth the wait.

myspace.com/zoso1971

Thereââ,¬â,,¢s the link to my personal myspace. I have pictures and such there, so youââ,¬â,,¢ll know what I look like. Look forward to seeing everyone.

VanSlegr Fan

ill be in my Weerez t-shirt. all black, white letters.

yr myspace is private, i dunno yr last name or email to add you. hmmmmm...

Джесси

Interesting...well, it you should be able to look at the profile now. If not, myspace must be being lame. My last name is Sierra if you wish to add me as a friend.

This would all be easier if I knew how to put pictures of myself onto the forums. I am lame and computer retarded  :(

VanSlegr Fan

awesome show, much longer set that i expected. anyone there besides me and Zoso?

Martha Gail

When you came up and got your cd signed by José I was sitting in the chair right by you.  It was a good set, but when they played Baseball and Battlescars so close to eachother I lost some interest.   It just seemed to lag at that point.  Star sounded nice, yes?  I was surprised by that.

How did you like HnH and the other opening bands?
That's Cobra on Cobra action.

Джесси

June 09, 2007, 10:50:56 am #11 Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 05:46:12 pm by Zoso1971
Well, I'm almost positive they intended to play "Baseball" from the beginning rather than playing it as a request. That said, I do agree they could have put them a bit further from each other.

Anyway, here's the setlist from the show:

Spending Time
FTD
Eponine
Barriers
HvH
Tetris
Underneath My Tree
Wakeup
Shooting Stars
Baseball
Incarnation Blues
Lunchbreak
Battlescars
Rocks

(encore)
Natalie Portman
Domino Effect
Landing of Yuri Gagarin

Джесси

Here are a few pictures as well.

Jose posed for this one  :)

I hope you like those. There's a lot more here: http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/aa236/zoso289/

CT-700

Quote from: Zoso1971 on June 09, 2007, 11:01:01 am

Thats a great pic of Jose. Its almost like a Fonze "Heeeyyy..." pose.

Джесси

Lol, thanks. I jokingly asked my cousin to ask Jose to smile. My cousin did, and that is what Jose decided to do. It is funny, because after that, whenever Jose would notice me taking a picture of him, he would smile or make some sort of face. Good times.

Джесси

By the way, my highlight of the night..."Cupcake, the fucking cupcake."  ;D

VanSlegr Fan

QuoteHow did you like HnH and the other opening bands?

i really liked ECC, actual had good songs, and HnH was good to. all in all i wasnt as let down/annoyed as i thought id be with 3 opening bands.

Zoso- was yr gf as perturbed and frustrated that i wouldnt stop dancing around and yelling as she appeared to be? LOL.

Martha Gail

June 09, 2007, 10:53:39 pm #17 Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 10:58:07 pm by Martha Gail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpKaagJTqTs

Handclaps played Lorraine as an intro to one of their songs.  I was upstairs doing the camera so you can hear me woo-ing, as well as my sister and our pal Tiffany.  I don't think anyone else in the audience caught what they were playing.  Then you hear José run up and yell, "Oh my God!  Are you kidding me?"  Good times.
That's Cobra on Cobra action.

VanSlegr Fan

when they did the Lorraine intro, i turned to my freind and was like "WOAH random ozma cover!" he is unaware of ozma, i gave him some of there albums but he doesnt know/love em like i do

heysarahsarah

Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

Джесси

Quote from: Martha Gail on June 09, 2007, 08:05:43 am
How did you like HnH and the other opening bands?

Though I really don't think I need to share my opinion on HnH, I'll just say that I think using "Lorraine" to introduce "I Should Never" was very clever. I kind of had me yearning for the rest of the song...oh well. Thanks for the videos Samantha  :)

I thought ECC was pretty good. The Actual kind of annoyed me. I don't know, it just seemed like their songs didn't have any depth. They all sounded the same to me.

Джесси

Quote from: HammerTap on June 09, 2007, 08:46:12 pm
Zoso- was yr gf as perturbed and frustrated that i wouldnt stop dancing around and yelling as she appeared to be? LOL.

If she seemed annoyed, I'm pretty sure it was with the girl next to her, not you.  :P

VanSlegr Fan

QuoteI thought ECC was pretty good. The Actual kind of annoyed me. I don't know, it just seemed like their songs didn't have any depth. They all sounded the same to me.

agreed

xlalaliex

oh, i totally asked Jose if he would smile for you ^_^

VanSlegr Fan

i remember watching you ask him to smile. hehe.

oh, and hipsun told us how many times "FTD" is said in the song, somewhere in the "album synopsis" thread.

Джесси

Quote from: xlalaliex on June 25, 2007, 06:40:17 pm

Taryn?!? FTW?!?

xlalaliex

Quote from: Zoso1971 on June 25, 2007, 07:59:39 pm
Quote from: xlalaliex on June 25, 2007, 06:40:17 pm

Taryn?!? FTW?!?

?? why the "ftw ?!?" you're odd

buuut yeah. that concert rocked so hard. it was so fun  ;D