it's just that
Dan REALLY looks like a Ryen
and
Ryen REALLY looks like a Dan
or is it just me?

I like ozma

i dont think dan looks like a dan, but i think ryen looks like a "ryan"

Jeff42

You're not alone; it took me a while to get straight in my head who was who between Dan and Ryen.

Not Jason

That seems like a hard mistake to make.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

ironbird

Something similar happened to me too, only I thought Dan was Ryan but I thought Ryan was also Ryan.  Two people occupying the same body.  Its kind of like a reverse doppelganger thing happening.  Crazy, right?
If you're reading this then you have no life!  Go ask a girl out or something!ãâ,¬â,¬Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã£ÂÂ¾Ã£Ââ€˜Ã£Ââ€žÃ£ÂÂ¬

Kurtzie

They look pretty different I didn't have any trouble.
Everything will work out as long as you do whatever you want with out worring about the consequences.

Jeff42

Quote from: Not Jason on February 22, 2006, 03:36:14 pm
Well, the first time I saw a picture of Ozma it didn't have a caption indicating who was who, so I could only guess and my initial incorrect guess on what Ryen and Dan looked like stuck with me for a while.

returnofdisco

but most of all I fear you'd see, parts of me buried for centuries

gloom-glaam

Quote from: Jeff42 on February 22, 2006, 04:40:01 pm
Quote from: Not Jason on February 22, 2006, 03:36:14 pm
Well, the first time I saw a picture of Ozma it didn't have a caption indicating who was who, so I could only guess and my initial incorrect guess on what Ryen and Dan looked like stuck with me for a while.
I know!
i knew all the names
i saw pics
just never had it pointed out
i was able tocorrect myself thanx to Yes Dear

l always have a hard time keeping track of band member's names.Ã,  When Queen became my first "favorite band," I just couldn't seem to remember who was the drummer and who was the bassist.Ã,  I knew all the names and faces, but I kept forgetting who was which.Ã,  I had to personally just go through more pictures and read more before it would finally stick.Ã,  It can be like studying for a test.Ã,  You cram to remember all this useless shit, but once you've taken the test, you forget just as quickly.

I don't recall if I had a similar problem with Ozma.Ã,  I know it took me a while to get everyone's name right, and I may have also at first had a hard time keeping Dan and Ryen and Jose separate.Ã,  I mean, when there's a keyboardist, and it's the only girl, and her name is "Star," then it certainly stands out.Ã,  But four other guys in a band with simple names can be hard to keep track of if it's from such a distance.

Cheese

gloom-glaam

sweet
i thought jose was pronounced
"Josie"

oatmeal

tom

Quote from: Casey L. Carr on February 22, 2006, 06:09:11 pm
I thought Star was Jose.
Damnit you stole my joke!!
Heres my version:
I always got Pat and Jose confused!  ::)

gloom-glaam

Quote from: oatmeal on February 22, 2006, 07:03:33 pm
Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on February 22, 2006, 06:49:08 pm
sweet
"Josie"
Me to!... except with out the i.

so.... you mean like properlly or like the first syllable in Jocelyn?

oatmeal

Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on February 23, 2006, 04:55:24 am
Quote from: oatmeal on February 22, 2006, 07:03:33 pm
Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on February 22, 2006, 06:49:08 pm
sweet
"Josie"
Me to!... except with out the i.

so.... you mean like properlly or like the first syllable in Jocelyn?
Like the first syllable in Jocelyn.

sadmachine

in ithaca a couple years ago my friend met ryen and called him "dan."

ryen said, and rightly so, "i'm ryen."

the awkwardness of that exchange actually caused ozma to break up.

I like ozma

sorry, but my awkwardness called them to break up, not your friends.

Fantastic Max

Yeah, one of my friends Nick(newyorkernick on here) saw them in santa barbara when he was first getting into them and called ryen dan, or vice versa, whilst asking for an autograph. good lord, I don't think I could stand the embarassment.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Not Jason

Thing is, Dan's like 4,000 feet tall and Ryen's bald.  I guess I'm just realy observant though.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: ~IYQ on March 04, 2006, 08:01:15 pm
Quote from: ozmacity on February 23, 2006, 10:25:28 pm
Yeah, one of my friends Nick(newyorkernick on here) saw them in santa barbara when he was first getting into them and called ryen dan, or vice versa, whilst asking for an autograph. good lord, I don't think I could stand the embarassment.
I did almost the exact same thing, except I had been listening to them for a while. It ranks up there with the various times my parents did their world-reknowned quick-knock-and-enter technique on their teenage son. It was nightfall, CLEARLY you have to give at least a five-second cover-up buffer. Wasn't this part of the 'great compromise' of the constitution? I'm pretty sure it's in there somewhere. I'm also pretty sure Jefferson would NOT be pleased with my parents' actions.

HOLY CONFUSING POST, BATMAN.
-Donkey Lips

Fantastic Max

Quote from: ~IYQ on March 04, 2006, 08:11:01 pm
My apologies.

Summary:
a) Upon meeting Ryen/Dan, I mixed up their names as well
b) My parents walked in on me 'flogging the dolphin'
c) Stupid joke about how parents shouldn't be able to see the dolphin show without having to pay full admission
Wow, I guess I just read it too fast.
Oh and, What The Hell?!

Dude, that kind of a correlation is far too monumental.
Compare it to like splitting your pants in front of people. Not that.Ã,  Ã, Awkward.

And if there were ever the predicament where my parents could pay money to see the act, or even want to, I'd kill myself.
-Donkey Lips