May 16, 2024, 08:23:48 pm

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

live ozma shits

Started by returnofdisco, January 07, 2006, 02:34:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

returnofdisco

there's an auction on ebay for a live ozma dvd? I guess it was some boot from a show in 2003.  Also, does anybody know where I can view the digevent acoustic performance?  I tried going to the digevent website but it's not letting me watch.  Help appreciated.

p.s.  I have this version of weezer's "devotion" done by ozma?  I downloaded back in the audio galaxy days.  I'm not exactly sure if it's ozma or just daniel brummel that recorded it, anyway here it is                                     
http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1HQOVZXWE0XSL0WR573B1MWDK5

I want digevent!!
but most of all I fear you'd see, parts of me buried for centuries

brad

daniel brummel and the contraband on the making noise tribute to weezer album

returnofdisco

oh that's killer!  I had no idea the contraband was involvled with that tribute album.  It seems like so many weezer tribute albums came out around the same time, I guess in the return of weezer era.  Like the punk tribute, the string quartet tribute, etc..  DB and I were discussing the return of the rentals and how excited we were, he also informed me that there was talk of a rentals tribute album in which he and the rest of the gang are trying to be a part of. 

I still want digevent!!

geektheindierocker

Ozma on Rentals tribute...that's awesome.

Quote from: brad on January 07, 2006, 02:48:28 pm
daniel brummel and the contraband on the making noise tribute to weezer album

I can't believe I've never heard this.  It's Samuel.

Kyosho

January 08, 2006, 08:52:15 am #5 Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 08:53:22 am by Kyosho
Quote from: srm006 on January 08, 2006, 03:14:07 amI can't believe I've never heard this.  It's Samuel.

Uh, dude are you serious that you've never heard it? If so, I'm sorry, because I've had it for years now. Ever since the old MP3.com page for the Weezer Tribute thing.  :-\
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

returnofdisco

pssh, it's not like everybody talks about DBCB's contribution to that measly weezer tribute album, atleast not on this forum.Ã,  I've had that track for years and never knew it's true origin until recently.Ã,  Blame the lack of knowledge of that cover on the fact that nobody bothers to talk about how cool it is.Ã, 

hey GEEKTHEINDIEROCKER, did you write that interview with DB?Ã,  If so I think it's some of the best asked questions towards him that I've ever read.Ã,  I especially liked the one where you asked him about what it was like to hang around Cuomo.Ã,  I find it interesting to hear that answer from an inspired musician.Ã, 

digevent ya'll!

geektheindierocker

Thanks returnofdisco! Interviewing Daniel was a rewarding experience, I think he's one of the best songwriters around and I was fortunate enough to talk with him about it. I always wondered what kind of interactions he had with Cuomo, since they're hooking up and touring was pretty unconventional. I wonder what Cuomo thinks about DDD and STOTB...

samwood

Fantastic Max

Yeah I've had that song for years now too, and don't shoot me, but I do feel that it is leagues better than the Weezer version.

Great song.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

brad

Quote from: ozmacity on January 11, 2006, 01:09:02 pm
Yeah I've had that song for years now too, and don't shoot me, but I do feel that it is leagues better than the Weezer version.

Great song.

i agree

Quote from: Kyosho on January 08, 2006, 08:52:15 am
Quote from: srm006 on January 08, 2006, 03:14:07 amI can't believe I've never heard this.Ã,  It's Samuel.

Uh, dude are you serious that you've never heard it? If so, I'm sorry, because I've had it for years now. Ever since the old MP3.com page for the Weezer Tribute thing.Ã,  :-\

you're such a bitch.  see you in Hollywood.

Kyosho

Yeah...I don't even know if I can go now. Well, we'll see.

Anyways, I've just realized your avatar is one of your giant stamp things, is it not?
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.