April 29, 2024, 01:44:27 pm

News:

If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

Weezer Tribute Albums

Started by spidernim, September 15, 2005, 08:57:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

spidernim

I was just thinking there are a bunch of weezer tribute albums.  I wonder if ozma will ever get one.  What people think about tribute albums.  I always wanted to listen to the japanese tribute to weezer but I could never find it.

Not Jason

how to respond?

well, first off, read the recent threads about ozma tribute songs.

I can say with relative certainty that Ozma will never get a real tribute album made in thier honor.  They are extremely obscure.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

spidernim

Yeah, I kinda expected that.  I was just kind of wondering what people thought of tribute albums in general.

Not Jason

They can be good, usually they aren't.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

skratchaholik

i seriously doubt there has ever been a tribute album that is great beginning to end. 

mozman68

I think the "If I were a Carpenter" album is pretty great straight through and also the punk tribute to Weezer (but maybe because I like Weezer so much.

phatpubah

Quote from: mozman68 on October 03, 2005, 05:17:05 pm
I think the "If I were a Carpenter" album is pretty great straight through and also the punk tribute to Weezer (but maybe because I like Weezer so much.
haha!
CPL593H

ironbird

I wish ozma had covered a weezer song on one of those tribute albums.   since they started as a weezer tribute and played with the band on the warp tour, i think ozma would have really done weezer justice.  on the bright side, most tribute albums really suck, so why be part of all that?????????????
If you're reading this then you have no life!  Go ask a girl out or something!ãâ,¬â,¬Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã£ÂÂ¾Ã£Ââ€˜Ã£Ââ€žÃ£ÂÂ¬

butterfly

Quote from: ironbird on March 16, 2006, 04:10:59 am
I wish ozma had covered a weezer song on one of those tribute albums.Ã,  Ã, since they started as a weezer tribute and played with the band on the warp tour, i think ozma would have really done weezer justice.Ã,  on the bright side, most tribute albums really suck, so why be part of all that?????????????

Maybe you guys should check this out www.myspace.com/onlinedevotion

oatmeal

I wish ozma had covered a weezer song on one of those tribute albums.Ã,  Ã, since they started as a weezer tribute and played with the band on the warp tour, i think ozma would have really done weezer justice.Ã,  on the bright side, most tribute albums really suck, so why be part of all that?????????????

On the "making noise" weezer tribute album Daniel Brummel and the Contraband cover Devotion.

I like ozma

i like on the rock tribute one, there is a cover of "my name is jonas" by affinity, that is probably my favorite weezer cover

ironbird

Quote from: butterfly on March 16, 2006, 07:16:29 am

Maybe you guys should check this out www.myspace.com/onlinedevotion

Thanks!  this rocks!
If you're reading this then you have no life!  Go ask a girl out or something!ãâ,¬â,¬Ã£â,¬â,¬Ã£ÂÂ¾Ã£Ââ€˜Ã£Ââ€žÃ£ÂÂ¬

butterfly

there's one band that did 'why bother' and it rocks! the ataris did butterfly and their version sucks man

oatmeal

Quote from: that i like ozma fellow sure was lame on March 16, 2006, 08:17:45 pm
i like on the rock tribute one, there is a cover of "my name is jonas" by affinity, that is probably my favorite weezer cover
Man now when ever you talk I imagine elvis's voice. This sucks.

I like ozma

March 17, 2006, 11:43:31 am #14 Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 11:44:44 am by that i like ozma fellow sure was lame
thank'a thank'a very much

Seb

since they started as a weezer tribute

Um, they didn't start as a Weezer tribute. They covered one or two Weezer songs in their very early live shows (in fact, was it even one or two? Was there even anything other than "Only In Dreams"?). That does not a tribute act make.
"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

Nordel

i heard they covered all of pinkerton at a tribute show.

ironbird

there use to be a bio up on the old ozma website which stated (in their words) that they started as a weezer tribute band. 

noonchild

I couldn't find any such statement on the old site, but their history does mention the earlys sets inluded So down, stuck in the gorund, trucks and cars and about 10 weezer songs.
The light cast dark shadows all around me