May 15, 2024, 11:09:08 am

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

The Rentals/Ozma US Summer Tour

Started by Brady, June 06, 2006, 06:13:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Jason

Quote from: itsosimpo on July 01, 2006, 07:52:38 pm
oh yeah i forgot, (ozma + rentals) @ home = sold out show. but seriously though, 7.60 for a convenience charge? i think that's more than minimum wage.

i don't make enough in an hour to fill a quarter of my gas tank, so I don't really see what that proves.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

funwithsponges

Ticketmaster screwing people isn't that new of a practice, either.

k24

oh yeah i forgot, (ozma + rentals) @ home = sold out show. but seriously though, 7.60 for a convenience charge? i think that's more than minimum wage.

you can't get a meal at ........... Shoney's for minimum wage.

itsosimpo

Quote from: Not Jason on July 01, 2006, 08:58:29 pm

i don't make enough in an hour to fill a quarter of my gas tank, so I don't really see what that proves.

point is: i'm jobless, moving out of the city soon, and i can't afford that... hey mod, get me in free.
HIYA! I LIKE OZMA!

itsosimpo

HIYA! I LIKE OZMA!

Brady

So do we know why Ryan was playing with The Rentals?

Zombie Don Ho

they asked him to... he plays during their whole set.

savewhatyouare

just got back.

ozma setlist

natalie
spending time
new song
eponine
tetris
shibuya
wake up
battlescars
rocks

(i think...not sure. i forget)

the rentals were fun. matt sharp comes off as a little annoying though, but thats just me.

audiotohear

The new songs are sounding really good.

I believe the new song they played yesterday
is unofficially titled "Cool Song" ...

Great song.

savewhatyouare

ooo..and one more thing

the intro of the Rentals was the song from 2046. Totally blew me away. I LOVE that movie and theme. I always listen to it in my ipod when i feel down.

itsosimpo

HIYA! I LIKE OZMA!

Brady

Quote from: savewhatyouare on July 08, 2006, 12:56:12 am
just got back.

ozma setlist

natalie
spending time
new song
eponine
tetris
shibuya
wake up
battlescars
rocks

the rentals were fun. matt sharp comes off as a little annoying though, but thats just me.

damn, that's kind of a weak setlist.

Brady

Some pictures a dude (Joshbdork) took at the July 7th show. 

http://picasaweb.google.com/venus007/OzmaTheRentals

========================================

joshbdork

well i didn't take them, but i found a link to those. i was at the show and got some videos. also daniel was really mad after their set. They had a lot of technical problems.

Brady

Damn that's annoying...hope things go more smooth for them along the way.

savewhatyouare

Quote from: joshbdork on July 09, 2006, 09:03:57 am
well i didn't take them, but i found a link to those. i was at the show and got some videos. also daniel was really mad after their set. They had a lot of technical problems.

there were a couple of kinks. Before Battlescars, I think Ryen's amp was malfunctioning. But there was nothing that was so bad that it put a damper on their set.

Ryen was the most energetic I've seen in a while.

tis not mike other

Quote from: Brady on July 08, 2006, 07:59:14 am
Quote from: savewhatyouare on July 08, 2006, 12:56:12 am
just got back.

ozma setlist

natalie
spending time
new song
eponine
tetris
shibuya
wake up
battlescars
rocks

damn, that's kind of a weak setlist.
Yeah sad to say, this was my least favorite ozma show I went to. Not too bad, it just didnt really move me like before. The rentals were really awesome though. I cant even fully express how much I liked it. The opening band was pretty cool too.

joshbdork

daniel also broke a string on his bass and borrowed matt's bass for a few songs.  And I think ryen had amp problems more than once. This isn't a fact by any means, but it seems to me that daniel and ryen weren't getting along the best, and I saw starr just walking down the street with some guy after the show. Jose, Daniel, drummer boy and Ryen moved all the gear

savewhatyouare

Quote from: joshbdork on July 10, 2006, 03:19:08 pm
daniel also broke a string on his bass and borrowed matt's bass for a few songs.  And I think ryen had amp problems more than once. This isn't a fact by any means, but it seems to me that daniel and ryen weren't getting along the best, and I saw starr just walking down the street with some guy after the show. Jose, Daniel, drummer boy and Ryen moved all the gear

Looked like Dan and Ryen were talking and laughing during the 'Friends with P' fiasco.

joshbdork

yeah i saw daniel walk up and say something to ryen and them they both laughed. but after the show i was back by the back when they were loading equipment and they seemed pissed off

Not Jason

Quote from: joshbdork on July 11, 2006, 01:51:28 pm
yeah i saw daniel walk up and say something to ryen and them they both laughed. but after the show i was back by the back when they were loading equipment and they seemed pissed off

They're people, they get pissed off.  It doesn't necessarily mean anything.  And it's hard to say, if they were pissed, if it had anything to do with each other or not.  Hell, loading up shit after a show is enough to depress me sometimes.
I am the baseball.

The Other Mike

Quote from: Not Jason on July 11, 2006, 06:45:17 pm

They're people, they get pissed off.  It doesn't necessarily mean anything.  And it's hard to say, if they were pissed, if it had anything to do with each other or not.  Hell, loading up shit after a show is enough to depress me sometimes.

I once stabbed a guy just because I had to carry a mic stand.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Not Jason

Quote from: The Other Mike on July 13, 2006, 02:41:55 pm

They're people, they get pissed off.Ã,  It doesn't necessarily mean anything.Ã,  And it's hard to say, if they were pissed, if it had anything to do with each other or not.Ã,  Hell, loading up shit after a show is enough to depress me sometimes.

I'm sorry I made you carry that mic stand.
I am the baseball.

The Other Mike

Quote from: Not Jason on July 13, 2006, 03:04:28 pm

I'm sorry I made you carry that mic stand.

I'm sorry I stabbed you.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

I like ozma

They're people, they get pissed off.Ã,  It doesn't necessarily mean anything.Ã,  And it's hard to say, if they were pissed, if it had anything to do with each other or not.Ã,  Hell, loading up shit after a show is enough to depress me sometimes.

i shot a man in reno just to watch him die

Brady

...man I hope they revise the setlist before they get to Milwuakee.   :oops:  Hearing way to many reports of people going off and taking care of their drinking during Ozma, getting bored during their set...  Why aren't they busting out the rockin' tunes?... 1988, Shootingstars, Bootymstr, No1needs2no...COME ON OZMA.

jvstin

that is really unfortunate... i didn't think much of the boot from the july 7th show (thanks for posting it, by the way). oh well, i hope they have better days. cool pics, though.
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

savewhatyouare

Quote from: I like ozma. on July 13, 2006, 07:36:31 pm

ok johnny.

tis not mike other

Quote from: I like ozma. on July 13, 2006, 07:36:31 pm

When you hear that lonesome wistle, you should hang your head and cry. You bad person.

FireAarro

Quote from: The Other Mike on July 13, 2006, 03:10:58 pm
Quote from: Not Jason on July 13, 2006, 03:04:28 pm

I'm sorryjerkIjerkmadejerkyoujerkcarryjerkthatjerkstand.

I'mjerksorryIjerkjerkjerkstabjerkbedjerkjerkjerkjerkyou.
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."