May 02, 2024, 05:46:16 am

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

The Rentals/Ozma US Summer Tour

Started by Brady, June 06, 2006, 06:13:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Brady

From the webmaster at the rentals forums:
QuoteIn tour related news the show scheduled on July 29th in Denver, CO has recently switched its age restriction from a 21+ show to a 16+ show.

The Other Mike

Quote from: FireAarro on July 15, 2006, 01:17:52 am
Quote from: The Other Mike on July 13, 2006, 03:10:58 pm
Quote from: Not Jason on July 13, 2006, 03:04:28 pm
Quote from: The Other Mike on July 13, 2006, 02:41:55 pm
Quote from: Not Jason on July 11, 2006, 06:45:17 pm
Quote from: joshbdork on July 11, 2006, 01:51:28 pm
yeah i saw daniel walk up and say something to ryen and them they both laughed. but after the show i was back by the back when they were loading equipment and they seemed pissed off

They're people, they get pissed off.  It doesn't necessarily mean anything.  And it's hard to say, if they were pissed, if it had anything to do with each other or not.  Hell, loading up shit after a show is enough to depress me sometimes.

I once stabbed a guy just because I had to carry a mic stand.

I'm sorryjerkIjerkmadejerkyoujerkcarryjerkthatjerkstand.

I'mjerksorryIjerkjerkjerkstabjerkbedjerkjerkjerkjerkyou.

I don't get it.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Not Jason

Quote from: =Oatmeal= on July 14, 2006, 05:29:12 pm
Quote from: I like ozma. on July 13, 2006, 07:36:31 pm
yeah i saw daniel walk up and say something to ryen and them they both laughed. but after the show i was back by the back when they were loading equipment and they seemed pissed off

They're people, they get pissed off.Ã,  It doesn't necessarily mean anything.Ã,  And it's hard to say, if they were pissed, if it had anything to do with each other or not.Ã,  Hell, loading up shit after a show is enough to depress me sometimes.

i shot a man in reno just to watch him die
When you hear that lonesome wistle, you should hang your head and cry. You bad person.

Man, you guys are hillarious.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

I like ozma

Quote from: Not Jason on July 16, 2006, 02:12:25 am

They're people, they get pissed off.Ã,  It doesn't necessarily mean anything.Ã,  And it's hard to say, if they were pissed, if it had anything to do with each other or not.Ã,  Hell, loading up shit after a show is enough to depress me sometimes.

When you hear that lonesome wistle, you should hang your head and cry. You bad person.

we'll be here all week

Not Jason

Quote from: I like ozma. on July 16, 2006, 12:26:43 pm
Quote from: Not Jason on July 16, 2006, 02:12:25 am

we'll be here all week

damn.
I am the baseball.

jvstin

July 23, 2006, 04:43:22 pm #125 Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 04:44:31 pm by ^_^
saw the rentals and ozma last night at the great american music hall in sf. ho-ly shit.

ozma was definitely on last night. honestly, it was probably one of the best performances i've seen from them... which was bittersweet since their set seemed all too short for how much they were putting into it. it was refreshing to hear them go back to the (semi) original version of battlescars.

the rentals blew my fucking mind. and the girls are uber hot/cute/sexy - talented. ryen once again being a total badass was the icing on the cake.

great show

(i hope someone recorded itÃ,  ;D)
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

jvstin

Quote from: savewhatyouare on July 08, 2006, 01:34:37 am
ooo..and one more thing

the intro of the Rentals was the song from 2046. Totally blew me away. I LOVE that movie and theme. I always listen to it in my ipod when i feel down.
oh, for sure. i was smiling like an idiot for the whole set after the wall of moogs on 11 kicked in.

Bob511

Quote from: ^_^ on July 23, 2006, 04:43:22 pm
ozma was definitely on last night. honestly, it was probably one of the best performances i've seen from them...
:'(

jvstin

Quote from: Bob511 on July 23, 2006, 06:17:40 pm
Quote from: ^_^ on July 23, 2006, 04:43:22 pm
ozma was definitely on last night. honestly, it was probably one of the best performances i've seen from them...
:'(
please explain

Bob511

jvstin

Bob511

Quote from: ^_^ on July 23, 2006, 06:52:32 pm
oh, god. i'm sorry.

oh my god.

NO!  :(
Boarding from a horror film?

jvstin

Quote from: Bob511 on July 23, 2006, 08:43:10 pm
Quote from: ^_^ on July 23, 2006, 06:52:32 pm
oh, god. i'm sorry.

oh my god.

NO!Ã,  :(
Boarding from a horror film?
almost

this show deserved to be recorded (by bob511)!

Bob511

Maybe one of the Rentals fans came through again.

brummel88

You know Bob, considering all you & Sarah have done for Ozma, I think you deserve lifetime guestlist status.  Please just let me know ahead of time when you want to go to one of our shows.  dan@ozmaonline.com
"When we think of ourselves, we are simply the victims of a delusion." - Aleister Crowley

Brady

paz

here you go.
san francisco is your friend and mine.

got a box full of letters

I like ozma

Not Jason

I am the baseball.

noonchild

Great pics Mir, that venue looks badassicle
The light cast dark shadows all around me

jvstin

Adam

Just got back from the Portland stop. Awesome. Star gave me her setlist, which was written on a paper plate. I was wearing my Service Group tee and when I went to the merchandise booth Jose was all "Hey, Dylan's a great guy. He designed this poster and this shirt with the boombox." I tried to buy the shirt but they didn't have any in XL (I'm a little bigger than a large), so I got the astronaut one. Got the poster too.
And the show was umbraxiaogoobah. I made that word up. But I think you get the idea. Pretty much the same setlist from Vancouver. Natalie Portman just fucking sent shivers up my spine. The whole show was umbraxiaogoobah.
And the Rentals were very entertaining! Tight group, Samuel drummer. I was highly impressed. I mean, I thought I'd like them based on what I'd heard, but the presentation live was no comparison. The harmonies were mesmerizing, and Rachael really reminds me of her sister (who I've seen quite a few times when she was with the Decemberists), all small and pixieish and full of graceful charm.
Your mother

I like ozma

jjacklin130

im goin to the DC show.. cant wait to see Ozma/The Rentals.. I hope after this tour they continue to play together

Adam

Quote from: I like ozma. on July 27, 2006, 11:08:57 am
did trailblazers hit on you?
Um... what? I don't think any of the trailblazers are gay. Well, I guess some of them might be, really none of my business. But no, I didn't happen to see any trailblazers.
Your mother

funwithsponges

Quote from: Adam on July 27, 2006, 12:14:45 pm
Um... what? I don't think any of the trailblazers are gay. Well, I guess some of them might be, really none of my business. But no, I didn't happen to see any trailblazers.

Well if sodomy is illegal in Oregon, then they might be down for it.  Cuz you know, they're into doing illegal things.  You see what I did there?

jvstin

if i ever see the person in your avatar (which i am assuming is you), i will kill him.

Not Jason

Quote from: ^_^ on July 27, 2006, 02:27:14 pm
if i ever see the person in your avatar (which i am assuming is you), i will kill him.

It could be that I just got done working for the past nine hours, but I just exploded in laughter picturing this.
I am the baseball.

FireAarro

What shirts are Ozma selling? I may want one... and how much are CDs?
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

I like ozma

Quote from: ^_^ on July 27, 2006, 02:27:14 pm

oh my poor dead cousin alfredo