The Rentals/Ozma US Summer Tour

Started by Brady, June 06, 2006, 06:13:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jvstin

Quote from: I like ozma. on July 28, 2006, 03:25:53 pm
Quote from: ^_^ on July 27, 2006, 02:27:14 pm
Quote from: I like ozma. on July 27, 2006, 11:08:57 am
did trailblazers hit on you?
if i ever see the person in your avatar (which i am assuming is you), i will kill him.

oh my poor dead cousin alfredo
i swear to fuckin' god, i'll get you too
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

jvstin

"The show at Great American Music Hall in San Francisco on Saturday was epic, the Rentals set really brought the house down, especially ââ,¬Å"Friends of Pââ,¬Â in which Ryen wailed a guitar solo whilst standing above the crowd, atop a pillar. Rachel, Sara, and Lauren are sounding so sweet on the backup harmonies, really great players all around, breathing new life into their songs. Itââ,¬â,,¢s a real joy to be supporting them on their first tour back in action. I know a complete mp3 bootleg has already shown up from the Henry Fonda Theatre show in LAââ,¬Â¦ look through the Ozma or Rentals forum boards to find em."

man, i really hope a bootleg shows up...

mousestampede

Quote from: Brady on June 12, 2006, 07:49:18 am
Here's a torrent I made a few weeks ago, I think theres still people seeding.

It's got The Rentals' 2 studio releases...Return of the Rentals and Seven More Minutes.

Both awesome, Seven More Minutes is my favorite though.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=D2CAE7970CE6C2DA

Sorry to beg, but would it possible for anyone to re-up this link?  I'm seeing them in atlanta and it would be nice to know some of their songs (besides friends of p!). 

RaRPT

Brady

I had a dream that last night I was at the show I have tickets for...and the show started and the Rentals came out and started playing...I was like WHERE THE FUCK IS OZMA, I was really pissed.  Then I woke up and became happy.   ;D   

Brady

July 29, 2006, 07:13:10 am #155 Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 02:19:31 pm by Brady
Quote from: mousestampede on July 29, 2006, 12:22:08 am
Quote from: Brady on June 12, 2006, 07:49:18 am
Here's a torrent I made a few weeks ago, I think theres still people seeding.

It's got The Rentals' 2 studio releases...Return of the Rentals and Seven More Minutes.

Both awesome, Seven More Minutes is my favorite though.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=D2CAE7970CE6C2DA

Sorry to beg, but would it possible for anyone to re-up this link?  I'm seeing them in atlanta and it would be nice to know some of their songs (besides friends of p!). 

The Rentals Discography (Return of the Rentals & Seven More Minutes) - http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=CC67C6BF01BDD3F2

Cheese

Quote from: paz on July 26, 2006, 09:25:45 am

When I first seen this I thought "what the hell is Star doing playing bass".Ã,  Then I'm like "Oh, nevermind".

jvstin

Quote from: Casey L. Carr on July 29, 2006, 07:28:56 am

When I first seen this I thought "what the hell is Star natalie portman doing playing bass".Ã,  Then I'm like "Oh, nevermind".

Brady

Quote from: ^_^ on July 29, 2006, 10:05:23 am

When I first seen this I thought "what the hell is Star natalie portman doing playing bass and playing "natalie portman" for that matter!?!?".  Then I'm like "Oh, nevermind".

I like ozma

Quote from: Brady on July 29, 2006, 02:20:16 pm

When I first seen this I thought "what the hell is Star natalie portman doing playing bass and playing "natalie portman""star wick" for that matter!?!?".Ã,  Then I'm like "Oh, nevermind".

jvstin

oh my god, i think my head is going to explode

Not Jason

Quote from: I like ozma. on July 29, 2006, 03:15:40 pm

When I first seen this I thought "what the hell is Star natalie portman doing playing bass and playing "natalie portman""star wick" for that matter!?!?".Ã,  Then I'm like "Oh, nevermind".

Jesus, that's not even a fucking joke.  There is no comedic element to that whatsoever.  Way to lose.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

yoshigaki

Star's Casio crapped out during the show tonight in Denver and so they didn't play Battlescars.  Sad panda.

RaRPT

Quote from: yoshigaki on July 29, 2006, 11:05:41 pm
Star's Casio crapped out during the show tonight in Denver and so they didn't play Battlescars.  Sad panda.

yeah that sucked.

Other than that, the show rocked. The Rentals took me by surprise. I mean, I had heard them, but they kick ass live. I'm happy. :)

I like ozma

Quote from: Not Jason on July 29, 2006, 05:52:50 pm

Jesus, that's not even a fucking joke.Ã,  There is no comedic element to that whatsoever.Ã,  Way to lose.

c'mon try it, breath in............. breath out............ breath in.................. breath out..................

jvstin

Quote from: I like ozma. on July 30, 2006, 10:23:01 am

Jesus, that's not even a fucking joke.Ã,  There is no comedic element to that whatsoever.Ã,  Way to lose.

c'mon try it, breath in............. breath out............ breath in.................. breath out..................
that's besides the point.

you suck, man.

The Other Mike

Quote from: ^_^ on July 30, 2006, 02:22:08 pm

When I first seen this I thought "what the hell is Star natalie portman doing playing bass and playing "natalie portman""star wick" for that matter!?!?".  Then I'm like "Oh, nevermind".

Jesus, that's not even a fucking joke.  There is no comedic element to that whatsoever.  Way to lose.

you suck, man.

This is especially funny because of how much shit you gave me for ragging on these dudes a while back.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

jvstin

Quote from: The Other Mike on July 30, 2006, 05:09:38 pm
Quote from: ^_^ on July 30, 2006, 02:22:08 pm

you suck, man.

This is especially funny because of how much shit you gave me for ragging on these dudes a while back.
these dudes?

i gave you shit for ragging on oatmeal. oatmeal is a decent fellow. or at least he has a little more sense than this guy.

for fucks sake, you were ragging on oatmeal because there was an obvious language barrier.

Not Jason

I think there was a large degree of misunderstanding with the whole oatmeal thing.  First off, I'm not clear on whether or not there really was a language barrier, and Mike's comments, when actually read correctly, were not making fun of him for that (if it indeed existed).  The comments I remember were highly misinterpretted and spun out of control.  Mike never ever posted anything that could be simplified to "I'm making fun of you because you speak English as a second language."

As for I Like Ozma:  Yeah, I'm retarded for insisting upon calling him out, but he's gotta learn to either tell jokes that don't suck ass or just stop replying to every thread he can with some half assed attempt at humor or edgyness.

Anyway.  The Rentals / Ozma shows in NYC and DC are coming up, and the plans are falling into place.  I'm excited.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

existonfile

Hey guys, super psyched about going to the Aug 5th show at 9:30 club (just got my tix, w00t).  One question, 9:30 club says the show starts at 10pm but the Ozma website says 8pm.  Anyone know when I need to get to the show???  Thanks!

Brady

I'd get there at 6:30-7:00 to be sure  ;D

2 days till my show  8)

parker

Minneapolis?  Anyone?  Tonite?

jvstin

July 31, 2006, 12:11:36 pm #172 Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 12:13:16 pm by ^_^
Quote from: Not Jason on July 31, 2006, 02:54:29 am
I think there was a large degree of misunderstanding with the whole oatmeal thing.Ã,  First off, I'm not clear on whether or not there really was a language barrier, and Mike's comments, when actually read correctly, were not making fun of him for that (if it indeed existed).Ã,  The comments I remember were highly misinterpretted and spun out of control.Ã,  Mike never ever posted anything that could be simplified to "I'm making fun of you because you speak English as a second language."

As for I Like Ozma:Ã,  Yeah, I'm retarded for insisting upon calling him out, but he's gotta learn to either tell jokes that don't suck ass or just stop replying to every thread he can with some half assed attempt at humor or edgyness.

Anyway.Ã,  The Rentals / Ozma shows in NYC and DC are coming up, and the plans are falling into place.Ã,  I'm excited.
well, oatmeal was obviously offended by it and nobody backed down. (...and really, is it necessary to ask someone if their second language is english if it clearly is?)

it sucks to bring this back up, so this will be the last of it.

anybody plan on recording any of these shows?

Amnesiac Army

Quote from: existonfile on July 31, 2006, 05:38:09 am
Hey guys, super psyched about going to the Aug 5th show at 9:30 club (just got my tix, w00t).Ã,  One question, 9:30 club says the show starts at 10pm but the Ozma website says 8pm.Ã,  Anyone know when I need to get to the show???Ã,  Thanks!

Hey, I'mÃ,  heading up there too! According to the 9:30 Club site, they have a show earlier that day, so I'm guessing that the 10:00 time is correct. I'll probably call them when I get to DC to be sure, now that you mention it.
AIM is Amnesiac Army. No (+)!

patty

call me late or call me a mexican.
i dont care.
both are true.

but...

im a little bummed out now that i didnt go to the sf show. granted that would have ment missing out on a free flaming lips show, and hell no, i wouldnt want to miss that. but im still bummed that this is the second time that ozma's been back in the bay since thier reunion, and i still havnt seen them play. plus the great american has been one of my favorite venues, possibly my favoritest venue since the bottom of the hills made a habit of getting only acts that oversell out for all thier shows making it so hard to see anything anymore. at least with the great american i can still find room to dance.....and its really pretty.

and now hearing you say it was the best you've seen ozma preform makes me a little more bummed.

oh well.
at least the pictures are purdy.

jvstin

Quote from: patty on August 01, 2006, 08:42:54 pm
call me late or call me a mexican.
i dont care.
both are true.

but...

im a little bummed out now that i didnt go to the sf show. granted that would have ment missing out on a free flaming lips show, and hell no, i wouldnt want to miss that. but im still bummed that this is the second time that ozma's been back in the bay since thier reunion, and i still havnt seen them play. plus the great american has been one of my favorite venues, possibly my favoritest venue since the bottom of the hills made a habit of getting only acts that oversell out for all thier shows making it so hard to see anything anymore. at least with the great american i can still find room to dance.....and its really pretty.

and now hearing you say it was the best you've seen ozma preform makes me a little more bummed.

oh well.
at least the pictures are purdy.
WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?!??

ah, just kidding. they only get better... so, no worries.

didn't you say you were at the cinco de mayo show at slim's?

Brady

Could anyone tell me what kind of prices are on the Merch? tshirts and whatnot?

SickNick89

I've been askin merch questions too. people don't seem to want to shed any light on the merch.  :(

patty

Quote from: ^_^ on August 01, 2006, 08:49:59 pm
WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!?!??

ah, just kidding. they only get better... so, no worries.

didn't you say you were at the cinco de mayo show at slim's?

yeah i was there.
but near the end of facing new york, my friend discovered she had too much alcohol in her system so we too it outside for the set till my bf could be found to drive us home. i could faintly hear from the parking lot.

Beorn

I was at the show saturday night in Baltimore. I swear there was a guy there that looked identical to Jason. (or Not). I was so tempted to go ask him what his name was. But I'm a chicken.

My heart melted to see Ozma live again. Chills all over.