May 16, 2024, 07:23:47 pm

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

Ozma in Utah... two nights from now.

Started by Tim, July 26, 2006, 09:55:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim

Anyone here planning on going? I'm excited to see two of my all-time favorites on tour together. Last time Ozma was here they played in a venue 1/10 the size of the place they're playing this week. Here's hoping that the twin billing of this show fills the place!

Tim
Lindon, UT

noonchild

I'm not that big of fan of club sound.   :(
The light cast dark shadows all around me

Tim

Quote from: noonchild on July 26, 2006, 10:14:50 am
I'm not that big of fan of club sound.   :(

Me either, but it'll be nice to have a bit more space for the crowd. I doubt it'll fill up, but it'll be nice to have a bit more room than at Kilby Court.

Tim

I like ozma

ozma should play half time for the jazz

noonchild

Well, looks like I'm going, assuming tickets don't sell out.  I want to be happy, excited to see ozma and all, just not all the crap that seems to come with it.
The light cast dark shadows all around me

Nordel

I was a little dissapointed. Ozma only played 7 songs and they were all songs I've heard them play live. But they played really tight and I had a good time, so I shouldn't complain I guess. The crowd was really into it. Even more so than The Rentals. Highlight of the night for me was when Rachel Haden got up and sang on Wake Up.

Now, the Rentals. They really kicked some ass. I had never seen them live before... and wow. They really rocked it hard. I was delighted that they played so many songs off of the first album. And they also played the man with two brains. Kick ass. Great show.

I really hope Ozma headlines the next tour so they can play a longer set, and some new songs.

h0nd0

I talked to Star tonight (who I didn't know was engaged) and she said that they are coming back to town in the fall with Hellogoodbye-- co-headlining....
It was cool watching Ryen play with the Rentals.

Nordel

I would love to see them with the Rentals again, but I think that Ozma is a big enough band that they could co-headline with the Rentals. Plus, it's Ozma's reunion tour too. The Rentals really should be giving them more stage time. I mean, from what I saw, more people were there for Ozma than the Rentals.

Bob511

Quote from: sandbaby on July 29, 2006, 09:37:05 amI think that Ozma is a big enough band that they could co-headline with the Rentals.
As much as I love Ozma, there's really no way this is the case.

I like ozma

i went to a warehouse music and ozma had their own spot, and the rentals were in a pile of 5 dollar cd's

Brady

They still should get a larger set, like 11 or 12 songs.  Anyone have the set?  Has it been the same pretty much?  If so... :-\  This set on this tour is kinda weak.  They really need to bust out the more up tempo and plain heavier songs.

Bob511

Quote from: I like ozma. on July 29, 2006, 03:12:39 pm
i went to a warehouse music and ozma had their own spot, and the rentals were in a pile of 5 dollar cd's
I would imagine that there are more Rentals CDs sold back to Wherehouse, yes.

Nordel

Quote from: Bob511 on July 29, 2006, 02:23:07 pm
Quote from: sandbaby on July 29, 2006, 09:37:05 amI think that Ozma is a big enough band that they could co-headline with the Rentals.
As much as I love Ozma, there's really no way this is the case.

Like I said, it seemed to me that there were just as many if not more Ozma fans at the SLC show at least.