Pasadena Album Synopsis

Started by Fantastic Max, May 02, 2007, 04:05:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brady

Isn't Rachel Haden on vocals on HvH?

///

Quote from: Brady on May 22, 2007, 05:18:13 pm

if I'm not mistaken, Rachel Haden only does the back up harmony and the "could've been love" in the chorus and the "almost believed..." in the pre-chorus...though I could be wrong

Fantastic Max

Quote from: justin on May 22, 2007, 06:33:48 pm
Quote from: Brady on May 22, 2007, 05:18:13 pm

if I'm not mistaken, Rachel Haden only does the back up harmony and the "could've been love" in the chorus and the "almost believed..." in the pre-chorus...though I could be wrong
Could be wrong, and are wrong.

Sorry, High Fidelity moment. I had to.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

cesarsalad

i greatly like incarnation blues

I Like Ozma

i thought rachel and star both did the "heartache will get you down" intro.

i dont know if it just me but the more i listen to the album the LESS i like it. right now im kind of already tired of it. anyone else with the same feelings?
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: I Like Ozma on May 23, 2007, 06:38:48 pm
i dont know if it just me but the more i listen to the album the LESS i like it. right now im kind of already tired of it. anyone else with the same feelings?

I do believe you're alone in that.  :-\
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Martha Gail

I wouldn't say that I'm tired of it, but I haven't listened to it in a while.  Then again my mp3 player died and I've had my sister's iPod for a while.
That's Cobra on Cobra action.

butterfly

Quote from: Fantastic Max on May 23, 2007, 10:31:29 pm
Quote from: I Like Ozma on May 23, 2007, 06:38:48 pm

I do believe you're alone in that.  :-\

nah you're not the ony one...ive already put the cd on the shelves for like a week now. already switched my cds. im listening to good old classic wheatus and marigold

The Argyle Rebellion

I've listened to it every day for about two weeks now.

My favorite songs vary, but lately it's been I Wonder.  I know I talked smack about the dissonant guitars, but lately, I've fallen in love with the sound of that song.  Anybody else seeing religious connotations in the second chorus?

I also have to say that Fight The Darkness just keeps growing on me.  I don't understand it... it's not a lyrical or musical masterpiece... there's just something so cool about that song that hooked me.  I also absolutely love the mix on the second repetition of the last chorus where the guitar is palm-muted and the keyboard just barely peeks out above that guitar.  Awesome.

Sincerely,
R.C.

tom

Wheatus?...I'm just a teenage dirtbag?...wow.

Scott Peltz

Quote from: Seb on May 22, 2007, 02:52:39 pm
And if you don't like Straight Flush, you need your ears testing.

I love it when people say stuff like this. It always reminds me that my opinions are in fact inferior to others', and that my tastes are wrong.

Oh wait, I forgot that music snobs' elitism doesn't count if there are grammatical errors. So I guess I'll go get my "ears testing" and see if that makes a difference.

Seriously though, I am loving more and more of the album, but still haven't come around on Straight Flush.

Don't know if this has been discussed but is Daniel writing songs about break-ups because he's looking for fresh material to write about, or did he and Andrea not make it?

ozmadoodle

I heard from reliable sources that all Ozma members are currently unattached.   

I Like Ozma

i dont think ozma members are ever ATTACHED
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

The Other Mike

Quote from: I Like Ozma on May 25, 2007, 03:12:18 pm
i dont think ozma members are ever ATTACHED

sorry, but you lost all grammar and spelling correction privileges eons ago.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

FireAarro

Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Kyosho

I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

CT-700

Quote from: Kyosho on May 25, 2007, 06:53:16 pm
Quote from: FireAarro on May 25, 2007, 04:40:14 pm
Quote from: Scott Peltz on May 25, 2007, 12:19:32 pm
did he and Andrea not make it?

Confirmed

What?!  :'( :'( :'(

I believe most of us found out when he referred to "The Fresas" as his ex's band.

Kyosho

I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

CT-700

He had a blog on his solo myspace about his songs being featured in a podcast along with the Henry Clay People, the Electrolites, the Fresas, etc. He described the Fresas as such. I believe it was the Shifted Sound podcast.

Volt

Overall I just basically love this album. All the songs are great, some more than others, and whenever I go somewhere I HAVE to have it with me. I like the remake of Eponine, even though it's kind of weird to put the two songs back to back. My favorite songs would have to be No One Needs To Know, because I love the bass in that song, and Incarnation Blues because I like the lyrics.

I was waiting for this album mainly so I could put it in my CD Player. It's a 4-disc changer, so now I have it fullof Ozma  ;D

Ianny

Did Star end up getting married, or did that never actually go through?
~Ozma is now back.  Do a dance!  :D

To hear more from this strange man, go to the journal.
I also have two podcasts, one updated weekly, and one updated whenever I find the time.  The weekly one is Comic Timing and is found here.The other is "The Geekspeak Report" which is found here.

heysarahsarah

Yes, I believed it was described in a blog that they are all "unattached".

I don't know how appropriate it is to speculate on the band member's relationships and private lives, as they are, in fact, private.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

Oatmeal

Quote from: CT-700 on May 26, 2007, 11:16:28 am
He had a blog on his solo myspace about his songs being featured in a podcast along with the Henry Clay People, the Electrolites, the Fresas, etc. He described the Fresas as such. I believe it was the Shifted Sound podcast.
Yeah. It happend a while ago. Daniel told me some about it but its really not much of our buisness to talk about it on a message board like this.
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

CT-700

Quote from: oatmeal on May 29, 2007, 12:41:55 pm
Quote from: CT-700 on May 26, 2007, 11:16:28 am
Yeah. It happend a while ago. Daniel told me some about it but its really not much of our buisness to talk about it on a message board like this.

I agree 100%.

Oatmeal

cesarsalad

i don't. this is an ozma fan forum. why can't we talk about their private lives?

butterfly

Quote from: cesarsalad on May 29, 2007, 06:12:05 pm
i don't. this is an ozma fan forum. why can't we talk about their private lives?

that is so true...

anyway, ive just listened to the album again. thought of giving it a try again but ended changing my disc after 'underneath my tree'. ive also skipped lunch break and i wonder. been listening to their past 3 albums for the last 2days but never really touched their latest release though

Oatmeal

Quote from: cesarsalad on May 29, 2007, 06:12:05 pm
Is see no problem in what we said to far. This was just an atempt to keep it from going into detail. The people in ozma are real people with real feelings. I know if people were to talk in detail about me and my problems on the internet I would not be happy about it.

brad

why would you mention that daniel told you personal stuff on the forum in the first place then?  i'm not saying that you should write it on the board...i agree with you...but, again, why mention it in the first place? -- look at you, you're soooo 1337.

Oatmeal

May 30, 2007, 11:49:51 am #179 Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 11:54:49 am by oatmeal
Becuase I like to brag. Duh. not really so much

Plus I was not the one to metion it in the first place. It was just ment to add another confermation and to keep the coversation from going to deep.

Why do I have to explain my motives or reasons for things that I do. I thought the reasons why stupid people do stupid things are easy to understand.

And what on earth does 1337 mean?