May 17, 2024, 07:09:31 pm

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

june 1st with the aquabats in san diego

Started by I Like Ozma, May 28, 2007, 08:30:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

I Like Ozma

oatmeal and i will both be attending, anyone else? it would kinda be cool to see the aquabats live, thats a band that i have never intended on seeing. i really love the worms make dirt song or whatever it is called.
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

Alex

Anyone know what the headlining situation is?  Co-headline maybe?  It's probably too late, but there's a chance I could get some friends to go out with me if Ozma is getting a decent amount of playing time..
We can blast way inside

heysarahsarah

It's quite possible my brother and I might attend, if I am still in town then.

Hopefully it won't sell out, because I'm going to have to be buying last minute, since I'm not sure exactly how long I will be in town.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

Oatmeal

Yes I should be there I think. My sister and her husband and his freinds might come as well becuase he likes the aquabats.
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

Oatmeal

Quote from: nagasadow on May 29, 2007, 04:46:15 am
Anyone know what the headlining situation is?  Co-headline maybe?  It's probably too late, but there's a chance I could get some friends to go out with me if Ozma is getting a decent amount of playing time..
A band called bad credit will be playing too. Im guessing ozma will not be heading but the runner up.

heysarahsarah

Hey friends,

I just tried to buy two tickets to tomorrow's show, and they are sold out.  Eep!  I promised my little sister I would take her, so does ANYONE have extra tickets pls pls?

I already pmed one person, but if anyone else has them, I need to make sure I get em, because I will be a pretty asshole sister if I promised to take her and then back down on that promise :/

<3 2 u all

No day but today.

baf

June 01, 2007, 10:42:43 pm #6 Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 04:34:43 pm by baf
kinda short selist? Daniel told me after ther performance at the merch table that he was sorry that the set was so short.

i was about 10 minutes late? i came in during heartache vs. heartbreak, so if anyone can double check the first couple of songs... as well as the rest

spending time
fight the darkness
heartache vs. heartbreak (sounded very nice)
korobeiniki
wake up
barriers
domino effect
rocks

aquabats were very entertaining, their fans are very dedicated with their costumes and their energy was Samuel. it was definitely an enjoyable set.

heysarahsarah

I was not happy w/the throwing of things, but it was a fun show!

thanks oatmeal :)

No day but today.

Oatmeal

No problem sarah.

Yeah ozma was real good but real short. However they played hvhb for the first time.

I dont really like the aquabats the way I like ozma but they are great in their sence of energy and humor. It was great when they played. Most of the crowd went crazy in a non violent sort of way. The singer picked up a little boy from the aduience who had head phones and kept on repeating his name saying that the kids are our future. The crowds went crazy and started yelling his name. It looked like they were worshipng him. Then he put him on the drums then threw him real high into the crowd. Im glad the kid is still alive.

CT-700

Quote from: oatmeal on June 02, 2007, 08:17:44 amHowever they played hvhb for the first time.

Didn't the MusicPlusTv from thursday performance predate this show?

baf

June 02, 2007, 02:59:14 pm #10 Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 03:00:41 pm by baf
Quote from: CT-700 on June 02, 2007, 11:53:08 am
Quote from: oatmeal on June 02, 2007, 08:17:44 amHowever they played hvhb for the first time.

i'm assuming this was the first time they played it in concert before a live audience with a full band

I Like Ozma

yeah i think it was the first time in front of an audience, star looked so nervous in the intro. i feel soooooooo bad for that little kid "sam cooke" because the lead singer of the aquabats threw him about 10 feet into the audience and the impact just looked crazy. ozma was good but their setlist was waaaaaaaaay too short, the aquabats were better than to be expected.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: baf on June 02, 2007, 02:59:14 pm

i'm assuming this was the first time they played it in concert before a live audience with a full band

No they've played it live before that, besides the Online show.

Oh and also, why were they callin him Same Cooke? Did he look like Sam Cooke or somethin?
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

baf

oh really? when was the other time they performed it?

heysarahsarah

Quote from: Fantastic Max on June 03, 2007, 01:17:12 am

Oh and also, why were they callin him Same Cooke? Did he look like Sam Cooke or somethin?

...no, I'm about 95% sure that was the first time they ever performed it for an audience.  Thats why they said "This is the first time we've played this for an audience".

No day but today.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: heysarahsarah on June 03, 2007, 01:55:43 pm

...no, I'm about 95% sure that was the first time they ever performed it for an audience.  Thats why they said "This is the first time we've played this for an audience".
Ah well, I thought I remembered someone saying they played it at one of the earlier shows, during pre-release time, and said it wasn't polished yet.

Either way, why the Sam Cooke thing?
-Donkey Lips

Oatmeal

Quote from: Fantastic Max on June 03, 2007, 03:38:58 pm

Ah well, I thought I remembered someone saying they played it at one of the earlier shows, during pre-release time, and said it wasn't polished yet.

He asked the kid what his name was and the kid said Sam Cooke.

Fantastic Max

June 03, 2007, 11:00:41 pm #17 Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 11:02:53 pm by Fantastic Max
Quote from: oatmeal on June 03, 2007, 08:02:44 pm
Quote from: Fantastic Max on June 03, 2007, 03:38:58 pm

He asked the kid what his name was and the kid said Sam Cooke.

Haha, my ass his name was Sam Cooke.

EDIT: Did the kid look like this?:
-Donkey Lips

Oatmeal

June 04, 2007, 03:39:23 pm #18 Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 03:41:54 pm by oatmeal
Yes, if he was two years old, had big red headphones on his head, was white instead of black, and had face sugery. :D

Edit: Naming your butt after a black man sounds horribly racist.

I Like Ozma

i dont think he was white, i think he was like half and half.

rempresent

Also, if search for the Mega64 podcast on iTunes, you will see a podcast that was recorded on June 4, 2007.  This podcast talked about the Ozma show and how much the Ozma fans were stuck up.  If you respect these dudes, that is fine, I don't think their humor is as strong as it used to be.  But anyway, if you ever see there stuff, they do a Jackass and videogame type of videos and post them on their site: www.mega64.com .  So, give it a listen, they hated the Ozma fans though.

Let me know if anyone had encounters.

Oatmeal

June 05, 2007, 07:28:03 pm #21 Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 07:29:42 pm by oatmeal
It was probaly due to me. Opps.

rempresent

Nice Oat, way to make us look bad.  That would never happen if that show was in Iowa.  We just throw down differently.

Oatmeal

June 05, 2007, 09:14:04 pm #23 Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 09:20:49 pm by oatmeal
Did they say in what way ozma fan's stuck up? I mean I dont think I acted like a snob, but I do think i probaly acted more outspoken when trying to give them more glory as the underdog(I do like the aquabats, I enjoyed their show very much, I just like ozma better).

Anyways I think it's stupid for them to call ozma fans stuck up. Aquabats and ozma have great fans.

Do you know how far it is into the podcast? I don't want to listen to the whole thing

heysarahsarah

how could someone think the like 8 Ozma fans were stuck up? 

No day but today.

Oatmeal

June 11, 2007, 12:07:00 pm #25 Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 11:34:59 am by oatmeal
Quote from: heysarahsarah on June 06, 2007, 03:59:17 pm
how could someone think the like 8 Ozma fans were stuck up?Ã, 

I have no idea.

On a more positive note, at the concert Danniel said they should eventualy make the songs that did not make passadna but where made around that time, available again. He said they did not abandon those songs and they still like them, they just didn't have the needed time to make them ready for the CD.

Also I told jose to write songs again. He said he has been lazy durring this recording. But he did say that he will start writting material again.

CT-700

I Like Ozma

ryen told me he was planning on quitting again soon

Tri$tan

June 21, 2007, 10:49:07 am #28 Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 10:54:10 am by Tristan
WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED OF THIS SHOW  >:(
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.