April 16, 2024, 06:32:15 am

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

What about ozma makes you like them?

Started by I Like Ozma, October 10, 2007, 09:48:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: gregor on May 13, 2009, 10:23:28 pm
the amount of Rock in their songs.  From riffs like "Shooting Stars" to the "Landing of Yuri Gargain", Ozma manages to create epic moments in their songs, where everything comes together and you get floored.

The synth leads are bad ass too.

agree'd.  they are a WONDERFUL "rock" band.

Jonas190

There are quite a few things that draw me towards Ozma, from their catchy songs to the incredible musicianship everything about them generates greatness.  Whenever I heard Ozma's music it pulls me in as if it were the Death Stars tractor beam, once it gains hold it doesn't let go.   

I really wish I had a chance to see them the last time they came through Detroit a couple years ago, but unfortunately work got in the way of fun. 

ozma_is_cool_to_me

I think it's the vocals. there SO damn sincere! And, also like others said the perfect blend of pop and rock.
We've made a liar of desire.

ozma_is_cool_to_me

Quote from: Jamie on November 04, 2007, 11:36:17 am
They seem to sing with a passion, and seem to care about the fans, even if they are playing infront of as little as 30 people. 

The thing I like most is what made me such a big Weezer fan (Yes I said Weezer in a Ozma post :() is that most of the songs seem to speak to you. The solos and the licks talk, and with the keyboard added in it makes the songs even more so sound like they are talking to you.

I enjoy playing Ozma songs on guitar, especially all the lead play that Ryan does.

i hate to sound like a creep but i don't care...is your username in reference to the Weezer song, or is that just your name? i just gotta know lol

Mackintosh

Quote from: gregor on November 10, 2007, 04:37:00 am
The passion I see in them when they play live.  I really just want to rock out and listen to music with Jose.

The lyrics are fucking clever, more so than I've ever heard.  Death Cab has some good ones, Modest Mouse, but Ozma takes the cake:

transitioning from "right coast, left coast" to "right coast, wrong coast" in continental drift.  "baggage comes along"

I know there's plenty of other good ones, but continental drift just happened to be playing.

What this guy said. Continental Drift is too Samuel. Behind Say It Ain't So...it's my favorite song ever.

I think it's just the basics. They sound so good in my ears, and I can feel what they sing.

aPPLeGraviTY

July 15, 2010, 01:19:33 am #35 Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 09:20:36 pm by aPPLeGraviTY
I adore Ozma because of their Samuel music. The lyrical arrangements are genious. Simply beautiful. And the harmonies that hear are just beautiful...just Samuel! Also, there's often a contrast in their songs...which I LOVE! I love contrast. One song will be full of loud EMOTION and then next minute it'll be humble and quiet, but still sound awesome ofcourse! I love that conrast in Eponine. I can easily relate to many songs and they're always catchy and fun to sing along with! But not only that, some songs are simple beautifully tear jerking. :) Natalie Portman is a great example of this. I think its so beautiful and sad. *sigh*

Bottomline: Ozma's music is pure talent. Pure raw talent. Art is what it is. Beautiful art full of raw emotion. And I love all of it. <3 ;D

I definately agree with all of what ohjonas said. :D
Woah.

Oatmeal

I'm happy to see some actual discussion in the on topic thread again. Keep it up. :)
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

I Like Ozma

Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

theozman

hahahahha!!! britney spears ronnie? sooo funny!!
Fighting on the internet is like winning the special olympics. Even if you win youre still retarded..

Stalwart

mostly their fan forum filled with obsessed losers

mozman68

Zooey Perry

I have a thing for bands that rip off other bands and then become better than the band they ripped off.   8)
Don't take the karma system seriously.
It's considered a game and usually people smite/applaud each other for fun. The karma number hardly ever represents the poster's character. Discussing karma is bad for your karma, and is discouraged. Don't take stupid insults seriously.
If someone insults you, either don't reply, reply with something equally stupid or report him/her to the mods. - Amish

Ben Meloy

Quote from: Zooey Perry on July 18, 2011, 03:15:43 pm
I have a thing for bands that rip off other bands and then become better than the band they ripped off.   8)

Same here.