April 19, 2024, 07:24:06 am

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

Ozma declined a tour with Weezer

Started by ohjonas, April 19, 2009, 10:10:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

christinescollywog

Don't be fooled. Beneath my bitter, snarky exterior lies my bitter, snarky interior.

http://brainjoy.blogspot.com/

Rome

Quote from: Not Jason on April 30, 2009, 06:03:52 pm
In any case, my money is on a miscommunication somewhere.  I don't think any involved parties would have much incentive to lie, so I'm guessing either somebody misspoke or oversimplified something.

MONEY ISN'T THE POINT JASUN

I Like Ozma

May 01, 2009, 08:51:38 am #62 Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 10:52:51 am by I Like Ozma
I wish a member of ozma would confirm/deny this ever happened. - ON THIS BOARD
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

hipsun

they have confirmed it multiple times, just not on this board.

Not Jason

Quote from: I Like Ozma on May 01, 2009, 08:51:38 am
I wish a member of ozma would confirm/deny this ever happened. - ON THIS BOARD

I don't especially see any need.  Between all the people here who know members of Ozma on a fairly personal level, I think we've got it on good enough authority.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

gregor

so about how many of the board regulars are close friends with a member in Ozma?

How many members of Ozma post on here?

i know i'm a noob, feel free to rip into me
i love you guys

Martha Gail

Jose, Ryen, and Kenn post on here occasionally.  As far as who all has personal relationships with members, I couldn't say.  There's a few, though.  Greg, obviously.  Jose and I are friends, and I occasionally talk to Dan.  Jason seems to talk to Dan fairly often.  I can't speak for anyone else.
That's Cobra on Cobra action.

brad

ohjonas

Quote from: (Samuel) on April 29, 2009, 11:45:18 pm
What I want to know is why Karl felt it necessary to share this message on a forum.  Being in the industry I'm not sure what benefit there would be to him to "leak" information like this.

I actually am curious what really happened now, but that's one of those things that I'd keep to myself if I found out.  That kinda thing is not meant to be fuel for fans to talk about.  I mean, what is there to discuss?  Ozma either turned down the tour, or they didn't.  But who gives a fuck regardless?  The tour is over.  Sure, it's interesting, and like I said, I would want to know the truth just as a fan, but at this point it's only because rumors are worse than information, and this has turned into a rumor.
He's not "leaking information", he gets in that chat all the time and recently when he gets in we've talked quite a bit about Ozma.  Now maybe Karl left out some details, I don't really know, but I DID save the entire chat if anyone is interested and looking at it.  Karl gets in there all the time and chats with us and answers questions we have about weezer related things.

Martha Gail

I thought that at this point we agreed that perhaps Karl did say it, but was perhaps misinformed or misunderstood. 
That's Cobra on Cobra action.

Quote from: ohjonas on May 03, 2009, 09:15:59 am
Quote from: (Samuel) on April 29, 2009, 11:45:18 pm
What I want to know is why Karl felt it necessary to share this message on a forum.  Being in the industry I'm not sure what benefit there would be to him to "leak" information like this.

I actually am curious what really happened now, but that's one of those things that I'd keep to myself if I found out.  That kinda thing is not meant to be fuel for fans to talk about.  I mean, what is there to discuss?  Ozma either turned down the tour, or they didn't.  But who gives a fuck regardless?  The tour is over.  Sure, it's interesting, and like I said, I would want to know the truth just as a fan, but at this point it's only because rumors are worse than information, and this has turned into a rumor.
He's not "leaking information", he gets in that chat all the time and recently when he gets in we've talked quite a bit about Ozma.  Now maybe Karl left out some details, I don't really know, but I DID save the entire chat if anyone is interested and looking at it.  Karl gets in there all the time and chats with us and answers questions we have about weezer related things.

Well perhaps "leak" was the wrong word (perhaps "leek" had been a better choice), but I still figured there was some respect to confidentiality in the music industry.  Sure, it's not a big deal--what's done is done and I don't know how this thread still survives (I guess because I'm posting in it) but, IMO, it doesn't seem like a very respectable thing to do.  I guess this is how Karl lets himself think he's famous.