May 01, 2024, 08:56:59 pm

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

Live songs thoughts.

Started by Fantastic Max, April 19, 2005, 04:47:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantastic Max

I think that a live Ozma show is nothing without Eponine and Battlescars, I mean they're arguably the most powerful songs, with soft, soothing lyrics, shattered instantaneously by booming vocals. I mean, any Ozma show would be great...but I think those two songs, make the shows what they are. And they're usually right at the end just before 1988/Rocks. Good stuff.

Thoughts?
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

icecreamman

I never saw Ozma live, but yeah that sounds about right.  Battlescars and Rocks seem to be a must for most bootlegs I've downloaded.

angie

every single ozma show i've been to has included eponine...and i've been to a LOT of them
and i never got tired of that song

Mog

Quote from: angstorm-siberian on July 10, 2005, 03:47:19 pm
A perfect live show for me would Include "Rain Of The Golden Gorilla" and "Iceland".

It's ashamed they never played one of those at the shows that I went to.Ã,  :(

I wouldn't feel to bad, I asked them about playing those and lorraine and they just didn't do them in the later days.  But yes, a perfect live show would have to include those for me as well.

Kris Danger

dan and ryen played hopeless accoustic for me and my friends at a party once. star had never even heard it before. and dan said the next time they were in town they would play loraine but the next time they were in town he wasnt with them.

dustyweezer

I have never seen Ozma live, due to me starting to like them after they broke up. Now they are my favorite band, and they are all I listen to, I am searching for demos and things from members of the band, and I am trying to get Daniel to play near me. Does anyone have live videos of Ozma? This would be really great, my screen name on AIM is the same as on here, DustyWeezer(Weezer was my old favorite band, before I heard Ozma). Please send me any demos or anything you have, thank you.

geektheindierocker

The first time I heard Ozma live Eponine was the one song at the end of the night (after The Get Up Kids and Weezer played) that stuck in my head, and it was the first time I had heard it. When a band can do that I think they have succeeded in writing a great song.

FireAarro

Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Gidgetsucks

By far Battlescars live is one of the most powerful and moving Ozma songs. 

returnofdisco

Quote from: Gidgetsucks on February 06, 2006, 12:58:37 pm
By far Battlescars live is one of the most powerful and moving Ozma songs.Ã, 

agreed
but most of all I fear you'd see, parts of me buried for centuries

Quote from: Gidgetsucks on February 06, 2006, 12:58:37 pm
By far Battlescars live is one of the most powerful and moving Ozma songs ever.Ã, 

I like ozma

the only two ozma shows ive been to, they played your name and battlescars both times, but id like to hear them play eponine, because i think it would be cool, but id rather hear them play maybe in an alternate dimension

Fantastic Max

They should end it with a little Coffee Shop Girl..that's my all-time favorite Ozma song.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

I like ozma

mine is "sergeant peppers lonely hearts club band"