Monstro

Started by Not Jason, October 14, 2005, 01:20:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Jason

I think Monstro was great.  Opinions?
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Kyosho

Yes. Very much so. It's similar to Daniel's new stuff, in fact. I think my favorite is Marcha Funebre. It's very beautiful and flowing. Swimminghole too.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

heysarahsarah

Monstro isn't gone for good.  Last I heard, Dan was hoping they might have a proper album sometime 2006.

Dan being back in LA probably help matters a good bit.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

Not Jason

I have an MP3 of Dan doing Marcha Funebre solo a while before Mostro came about.  It's a good song.
I am the baseball.

imatreeandurnot

October 14, 2005, 04:25:43 pm #4 Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 04:26:52 pm by imatreeandurnot
I kind of would have wished he'd choosen a new band name - because I still relate monstro to the very early experimental/electronic side project. Alias To The Trashcan, etc.

Good stuff, good stuff.

k24

Quote from: Not Jason on October 14, 2005, 03:43:10 pm
I have an MP3 of Dan doing Marcha Funebre solo a while before Mostro came about.  It's a good song.

i like the lyrics and the arrangment fine, but i prefer the original.

hey! if you guys want, i have an mp3 of John Williams and Julian Bream performing that piece! it's a really cool arrangment. I've got the piano arrangment for it somewhere, but i know i can definitly easily send anyone the Williams/Bream guitar duo verison, or the full scale orchestral verison. The solo piano is cool...i gotta go find it.
AIM me : esoapm

this would be a cool chance for you guys who arnt familiar with the Ravel piece to get a glimpse.

thekoalastampede

Anyone here a fan of Montrose?

Kyosho

I just want to say I've recently listened to a live performance mp3 of Elementary and it is fucking awesome. Corey Fogel is really great. Who else does he drum for?
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

heysarahsarah

Quote from: Kyosho on November 04, 2005, 05:56:33 pm
I just want to say I've recently listened to a live performance mp3 of Elementary and it is fucking awesome. Corey Fogel is really great. Who else does he drum for?

The On, Gel Flesh, according to his bio on American Composer Forum.

No day but today.

FireAarro

The Mae Shi, as of like a week ago.
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

The Other Mike

Quote from: FireAarro on November 05, 2005, 04:48:39 am

He's damn good too.  And so is the Mae Shi.  I really made this post just to talk about how awesome the mae shi is.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Fantastic Max

"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Not Jason

Quote from: The Other Mike on November 05, 2005, 10:40:49 am
Quote from: FireAarro on November 05, 2005, 04:48:39 am

He's damn good too.Ã,  And so is the Mae Shi.Ã,  I really made this post just to talk about how awesome the mae shi is.

Indeed.  I made this post for the purpose of agreeing.
I am the baseball.

heysarahsarah

I love posts when we can all agree.

No day but today.

Indoor Fireworks

Yeah, Monstro was/is great. It just occured to me that I've never heard any live Monstro stuff (other than the few songs on the Ocean Floor Demos). Does anyone know where I can find mp3s of one of their shows? I'd especially like to hear "Elementary" live. Thanks!

Jonathan
You have balls. I like balls.

Bob511

http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1HF1EZZL1AB5K337GII8S741TO
2003.09.04, Hotel Cafe, Hollywood.  Complete with a penultimate "Elementary."

heysarahsarah

Quote from: Bob511 on November 18, 2005, 02:31:11 am
http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1HF1EZZL1AB5K337GII8S741TO
2003.09.04, Hotel Cafe, Hollywood.Ã,  Complete with a penultimate "Elementary."

This version of Elementary is further proof how much Corey is godlike.

No day but today.

The Other Mike

holy shit, you're not kidding.

:o
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Kyosho

Yes. Refer to my above post regarding that boot.  ;)

heysarahsarah

I was at this show...trust me, when he started whipping all that out, my jaw literally dropped.  So awesome.

No day but today.

YouPendejo

Was this the show with King of California in the stlist? If so, could whoever originally posted it on yousendit post it again? I used to have this show on my old computer, and I would really like to hear it again.