May 05, 2024, 01:32:17 pm

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

Ozma is reunited

Started by OzmaReunited2005, October 19, 2005, 10:03:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lando_Calrissian

I'm obviously very excited by all this and I don't want to be a monkey, but I'd be lying if I said I can say that I'm not hoping they won't change the name of the band (Irregardless). You get me?

Pro-active.

Kyosho

I'm not sure whether you're saying you hope they change their name back to Ozma, or that you hope they've changed their name to Irregardless (or some other name).

If it's the latter, I agree to an extent. If the guys write new music that's not anything like their old stuff, I wouldn't mind seeing them change their name to something else. I can't say I care either way. It's just good to hear they're back together playing and writing new songs.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Lando_Calrissian

I'm saying I think Irregardless is a crap name. I hope they call themselves Ozma again. If they won't be called Ozma (and I hope they WILL), I'd like them to be something better than Irregardless.

If the music is good (obviously will be) I don't really care what they're called - unless they are called Irregardless, which sucks.

I hope to the good lord that Irregardless is a BS, temporary name.

Pro-active.

thekoalastampede

irregardless is just a mask name. collective they are ozma and will begin calling themselves so when they start seriously doing shows. this show is supposed to be a surprise show of sorts and for the most part, from what i understand, the show is meant to try new material in front of an audience...

lets just hope theres a bootlegger...or 2...or 3...in the crowd that night. if i go i'll be sure to try.

anthem for a new amanda

who are all of these people?

and ps: maybe this is why dan never responded to my proposition to play at my venue..

Tri$tan

all i know is that i believe samantha because i know she's friends with the band, whatever their name is now.
if she says it's Ozma, then i believe it's Ozma.

my life is complete!
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

kitten

that doesn't mean i can't ever get my info wrong.  plus, i never talk to ryen (he scares me).  but i have a really good feeling about this.

patty

ryen doesnt scare me. but i think i scare him.

but um. im just hoping that this show goes really well. really well to the point of them making a trek closer to my home. i cant make the trip to la as far as i know at this point, and that kinda bums me out.

kitten

haha, he's really nice.  he just looks mean so i'm scared.

The Other Mike

Quote from: koneko on November 15, 2005, 10:51:05 am
haha, he's really nice.  he just looks mean so i'm scared.

Ryen was the first member of ozma I ever met.  He seems like a really nice guy, just a bit shy or socially akward.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Kyosho

At my concert Daniel seemed scarier than Ryen. So quiet and reserved. Well, until he sat down with Andrea, that is.. Ryen was in an extremely good mood when I talked to him. He had just gotten back from Starbucks with Star, where they'd been using the internet. We played "pass the coffee".  :laugh:

Jose was awesome, Star was fine. Pat was...feeling unsocial and just wanted to drink.  :-\
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

kitten

at a halloween party my friend violet cornered him and stole his hat (while wearing a newspaper dress) and he was really cool about it. Ã, 

daniel has always been weird, but super nice.  pat was always very friendly toward everyone except the owner of a club here because they took kristopher and i off the list once. 

RaRPT

November 15, 2005, 02:15:14 pm #132 Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 02:59:51 pm by RaRPT
Wow that's really cool guys... I've only said a congrats to Jose at the show I went to. :)

Man... I may die a happy man if they do a concert near me.

falyn

November 15, 2005, 02:48:18 pm #133 Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 02:50:24 pm by gnab gib
Quote from: mike on November 14, 2005, 03:56:35 pm
Quote from: NewYorkerNick on November 13, 2005, 11:40:49 pm
Great... I move to NYC from SoCal (for college) in hope that Daniel would perform sometime... then he goes back with the rest of the gang and reunite the band...
hahaha please tell me this is not true.  who are you?!  felicity?!
l0l!

ps  ;D ;D ;D for ozma!
stream my radio show on mondays 7-8 pm @ http://www.wvum.org

heysarahsarah

Quote from: The Other Mike on November 14, 2005, 02:30:00 pm
Ozma has used the pseudonym Irregardless before.  Saying Irregardless is not Ozma is like saying Goat Punishment is not Weezer.

Your custom title should be "voice of reason"
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

beni

i hope anybody will film the concert. i'm from germany and i can't come.

Kyosho

Film? Unlikely, but some one has already said they're going to try and record it (audio).

The Other Mike

Quote from: heysarahsarah on November 15, 2005, 08:20:42 pm
Quote from: The Other Mike on November 14, 2005, 02:30:00 pm
Ozma has used the pseudonym Irregardless before.Ã,  Saying Irregardless is not Ozma is like saying Goat Punishment is not Weezer.

Your custom title should be "voice of reason"

did you read the christmas tree thread?
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Rome

Apparently, this is just the tip of the iceburg.

I'm looking forward to some more good news[size=0pt]hint hint hint[/size]

RaRPT

Quote from: Rome on November 16, 2005, 05:18:15 pm

::)

Here we go again...

Kyosho

Quote from: Rome on November 16, 2005, 05:18:15 pm

:o

Jeff Lynne liked those Ozma albums so much that he's going to join the band?!

And here I thought he was getting a little old for that kind of thing!

TearYouApart

Quote from: Kyosho on November 17, 2005, 03:58:57 am

you know what's bad... i looked up jeff lynne on google because i had no idea who he was...

and i thought that guy would be dead by now...

brad

Quote from: TearYouApart on November 17, 2005, 09:02:16 am

you know what's bad... i looked up jeff lynne on google because i had no idea who he was...

jeff lynne isn't joining ozma.

nick

i'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, but this whole thing is pretty awesome.  they can be trailgate or irregardless, though i'd prefer them to actually be called ozma, as long as they play together again!

Kyosho

November 17, 2005, 10:29:28 am #144 Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 10:31:21 am by Kyosho
Quote from: brad on November 17, 2005, 09:41:34 am

:D

I thought my post made it obvious enough that I was joking! Surely neither of you took me seriously.

*waits for more negative karma*  :D

thekoalastampede

Quote from: Kyosho on November 17, 2005, 10:29:28 am
Quote from: brad on November 17, 2005, 09:41:34 am

:D

I thought my post made it obvious enough that I was joking! Surely neither of you took me seriously.

*waits for more negative karma*Ã,  :D

if Jeff fucking Lynne joined Ozma I would masturbate so much that they would rename California from the golden state to the Jason Brescia's semin state.

phatpubah

Quote from: thekoalastampede on November 17, 2005, 05:21:20 pm
if Jeff fucking Lynne joined Ozma I would masturbate so much that they would rename California from the golden state to the Jason Brescia's semin state.
this made me lol
+1
CPL593H

cesarsalad

How do we get tickets for this?

Bob511

November 18, 2005, 02:35:42 am #148 Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 02:37:25 am by Bob511
Quote from: cesarsalad on November 17, 2005, 08:54:19 pm
How do we get tickets for this?
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/09003AF99A928DA6?artistid=905026&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60
(Cf. http://www.troubadour.com/EventCalendar.htm for Irregardless listing)

EDIT:  You can also fax info directly to the Troubadour for cheaper will-call tickets, according to their site.

Pandaheart

in response to several random comments:
-Yeah I am pretty sure that the only reason they are calling themselves "Irregardless" is because they haven't played together for over a year.  I mean I doubt they are going to want a lot of hype over a test drive, you know?  They will probably have an "OZMA" show when they are good and ready to have something they are proud to present to all of their fans who, no doubt, will have high expectations after over a year of no shows.  And I also doubt they will be keeping this name as they've used it in the past for less "announced" shows. 

-Don't be scared of Ryen.  He is probably more scared of you than you are of him.

-Dan is pretty darn nice too (even though it's not the most important thing when it is the MUSIC you like, right? But there's something nice about knowing you are enjoying the music of a group of lovely, humble, and sincere individuals, yeah? -and all of them certainly are that).