April 24, 2024, 03:22:13 am

News:

If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

Ozma is reunited

Started by OzmaReunited2005, October 19, 2005, 10:03:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nordel

I would love to see Ozma live again. And another album would be great. Denise is a great song.  I have still never even heard D song. And there are still a bunch of songs from all three albums that I never got to hear performed live. Like Flight of the Bootymaster or Appletrees or Continental Drift. Oh man. That would be great.

The guy who started this thread was just way too sure that Ozma is definately going to reunite. I haven't heard anything from Dan or Ryen that would lead me to believe that this is definately going to happen. I have faith that they will eventually play some shows or something but I wouldn't get my hopes up for a new album or anything. At least not for a while if ever.

Kyosho

I was told they've been "jamming" recently. Meaning they've gotten together, since they're all in the same town, and played some music. It's been said they might do a show eventually, but that nothing is set in stone yet.

If it does eventually happen, it's going to kill me. How will I ever get to LA? Maybe Ozma can arrange some one to video tape it, or at least allow people with camcorders into the venue, wherever it might be. But I'd still kill to be there.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

geektheindierocker

If Ozma plays a show in LA I might buy a plane ticket or take a road trip to see it. I've been wanting to go back to LA since I went there in 02 and this would be a good chance to be spontaneous and blow money before I graduate. Any other east coasters with me if the opportunity arises? I really hope this band plays music again.

noonchild

I would give my left nipple to see ozma play again... you know... that is if I still had it.
The light cast dark shadows all around me

Nordel

Well if they have been jamming then that's good news. I thought Star was in New York or something. Are they jamming it 4-piece or are they all back in LA now?

noonchild

Hmmm, sand baby... you from Heber?
The light cast dark shadows all around me

Nordel

Rome

daniel's been on AIM a lot lately. anyone else notice that?

thekoalastampede

Quote from: Rome on November 02, 2005, 01:09:39 pm
daniel's been on AIM a lot lately. anyone else notice that?

yes, yes i have. I guess because he's back in So Cal and settled down.

kitten

he had a different sn when he was in ny.

Tri$tan

the funny thing is I was going to post a topic with this name but i was going to try to get the kids who just hang out here to come to off topic because i notice we have a million people who just read general ozma discussion and they should join the OT party..

but yeah. i want credible sources. screenshots or something.
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

k24

November 03, 2005, 01:41:19 pm #71 Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 02:36:58 pm by k24
here's a concept that works : dont worry about it. if ozma is going to reunite, i'm sure they'd rather tell you via myspace bulletin rather than rumors circulating around.

if ozma got back together, that'd be cool. but i'm not going to wage my hopes based on an online anonymous source.

but if irregardless i playing, thats all the satistifaction i need.

Rome

LAKings99

anyone else notice that Yes Dear is no longer listed as playing the Troubadour show with The Wrens on December 3?  In their place is the band "Irregardless"

http://www.troubadour.com/

Bob511

Quote from: LAKings99 on November 09, 2005, 08:47:50 pm
anyone else notice that Yes Dear is no longer listed as playing the Troubadour show with The Wrens on December 3?  In their place is the band "Irregardless"
http://www.ozmafans.com/forum/index.php/topic,1352.from1131226675.html

geektheindierocker

Did anyone listen to the Piebald interview/webcast tonight?

thekoalastampede

Quote from: geektheindierocker on November 10, 2005, 07:45:51 pm
Did anyone listen to the Piebald interview/webcast tonight?

no...fill us in please

RaRPT

I had a dream last night that they were reunited, so it must be true.

Dan just dropped the OFFICIAL WORD!   :laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Jeff42

November 13, 2005, 06:41:45 pm #79 Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 06:42:44 pm by Jeff42
Quote from: srm006 on November 13, 2005, 06:38:41 pm
Dan just dropped the OFFICIAL WORD!Ã,  Ã, :laugh:Ã,  Ã, :laugh:Ã,  Ã, :laugh:
You beat me to it.

To add to your post, he revealed that Irregardless consists of him, Ryen, Jose, Star, and a different drummer whose name I don't remember.Ã,  He also said that he and Ryen have been writing some new music.

jvstin

Quote from: Jeff42 on November 13, 2005, 06:41:45 pm
Quote from: srm006 on November 13, 2005, 06:38:41 pm
Dan just dropped the OFFICIAL WORD!Ã,  Ã, :laugh:Ã,  Ã, :laugh:Ã,  Ã, :laugh:
You beat me to it.

To add to your post, he revealed that Irregardless consists of him, Ryen, Jose, Star, and a different drummer whose name I don't remember.Ã,  He also said that he and Ryen have been writing some new music.
AH AHHH

where did you guys get this info?
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

Jeff42

Quote from: my hump x 3 on November 13, 2005, 06:47:48 pm

AH AHHH

where did you guys get this info?
Daniel's been on a guest on UCLA Radio the past couple hours.

brad

November 13, 2005, 06:56:29 pm #82 Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 07:05:34 pm by brad
REJOICE!

kitten

wow, i thought they were waiting until the show so it would be a surprise.

yeah, I'm surprised he went into it in such depth.Ã,  I was expecting it to stop at "just some guys from down the block"

HOWEVER, I'm sure you guys noticed that he we talking about Irregardless, NOT Ozma.

As for the drummer:  A guy named Kenneth from the band "Adison/Addison" couldn't find too much info on the spot.

kitten

he's just a temp for the dec. 3 show i believe.

heh, so much for the vagueness and charming "ambiguity" of this thread.Ã,  I was really enjoying it.Ã,  I've never seen so much confusion among people who are so certain and uncertain of certain things.Ã,  :P

TearYouApart

November 13, 2005, 08:09:12 pm #88 Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 08:10:10 pm by TearYouApart
i am just posting here to keep updated on this topic, because i rarely come to on topic discussions...

but if so... awesome

Sandguy

so is it a pseudonym for 'ozma?' or is it a completely different band with the same people, sans pat?