May 17, 2024, 01:48:55 am

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

Ozma is reunited

Started by OzmaReunited2005, October 19, 2005, 10:03:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kitten

Quote from: Pandaheart on November 18, 2005, 02:54:46 pm

-Don't be scared of Ryen.Ã,  He is probably more scared of you than you are of him.

ryen is cool.  i'm not scared scared of him.

Fantastic Max

Weren't a lot of the tensions surrounding Pat?

I kept hearing from different places that he was a bad apple for the band, like a real jerk or something, not so great to work with/be around, I dunno

Any info?
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

kitten

it's not any of our business.

heysarahsarah

Any info would be heresay, conjecture, personal opinion, etc.

We weren't in the band, we don't know.  Some people might have more connection with the band and might know more personal details.  I'd prefer, as mod, if we keep these personal details off the board.  Let's respect the band and their members, and not namecall, especially when we don't know the whole backstory.

Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

heysarahsarah

Quote from: kitten on November 19, 2005, 08:23:48 am
it's not any of our business.

beat me to it by not being as long-winded ;)

No day but today.

k24

fuck that! i love gossip!!!!!

;)

NewYorkerNick

Quote from: mike on November 14, 2005, 03:56:35 pm
Quote from: NewYorkerNick on November 13, 2005, 11:40:49 pm
Great... I move to NYC from SoCal (for college) in hope that Daniel would perform sometime... then he goes back with the rest of the gang and reunite the band...
hahaha please tell me this is not true.  who are you?!  felicity?!

Hahaha... Yeah man, gotta follow my love.

Of course I planned on moving to NYC for a while. I expected to go to a few DB shows. I didn't know he would move back though. He was here pretty much waiting for his girl to be done at Columbia. I saw him perform here once in NYC last year around Christmas though and it was a treat.

Funny quote of the week:
"anyways, if you want to keep arguing about how the mae shi sucks, go for it.  Just know that you are wrong."
-The Other Mike

FortyTwo

Quote from: ozmacity on November 19, 2005, 01:18:48 am
Weren't a lot of the tensions surrounding Pat?

I kept hearing from different places that he was a bad apple for the band, like a real jerk or something, not so great to work with/be around, I dunno

Any info?
He gave my girlfriend a free t-shirt!  He was always nice and cool when I talked to him.
"It's popular to hate emo, 'cause it sucks."  - Daniel Brummel

malcolm

"A little while and I will be gone from among you, when I cannot tell. From nowhere we came, into nowhere we go. What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset." -- Crowfoot

Rome

Yeah guys, lets use our brains here. Why would we be allowed to talk about Ozma members? What do you think this is? A forum about Ozma? Do you think we are in some kind of General Ozma Discussion or something? Apffffft, Please.

heysarahsarah

Quote from: Rome on November 20, 2005, 04:10:37 pm
Yeah guys, lets use our brains here. Why would we be allowed to talk about Ozma members? What do you think this is? A forum about Ozma? Do you think we are in some kind of General Ozma Discussion or something? Apffffft, Please.

Point is not to spread rumors about shit we can have no idea about because we're not in the band.

No day but today.

malcolm

Quote from: heysarahsarah on November 20, 2005, 04:48:44 pm

Point is not to spread rumors about shit we can have no idea about because we're not in the band.

you have no idea because you wern't there man, i saw pat do coke off a prostitute's ass
"A little while and I will be gone from among you, when I cannot tell. From nowhere we came, into nowhere we go. What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset." -- Crowfoot

Outlog

Quote from: malcolm on November 20, 2005, 05:48:57 pm
Quote from: heysarahsarah on November 20, 2005, 04:48:44 pm

you have no idea because you wern't there man, i saw pat do coke off a prostitute's ass

Then he took your mother out for a nice sea food dinner, and never called her back!

ross

Rome

QuoteWeren't a lot of the tensions surrounding Pat?

Any info?

well Dan and Pat had tensions during the breakup of the band.*

Knowing that the reunited ozma drummer isn't pat, I'm going to venture a guess that they might still be a little... how do you say this... un-friends**

As for me, I always felt that each member of the band was friendly. Jose and Ryen talked to me the most, followed by Pat and Star. I talked to Dan the least in person. AIM i've only talked to Dan, and he also seems like a nice person.

Disclaimer:
I don not know anything about Pat and his relationships with Dan and/or other members of Ozma

*Based on comments by what would apparently seem as Pat's sister (?) on the OOF
** Complete speculation on my part.

/grapevine

heysarahsarah

Thanks for that bit of hearsay and conjecture, Roman.

No day but today.

Zombie Don Ho

well, as i recall... the pat's sister thing really did happen.

heysarahsarah

Quote from: les cambrioleurs on November 20, 2005, 10:46:04 pm
well, as i recall... the pat's sister thing really did happen.

Yeah, and all she said was her opinion, which was pointed out at being not necc what happened.

I don't want to turn this thread into finger pointing and he said she said. 

What does it matter? 

No day but today.

tom

they should bring mary gilliams back to drum.

malcolm

Rome

Quote from: heysarahsarah on November 20, 2005, 10:38:21 pm
Thanks for that bit of hearsay and conjecture, Roman.

Just doing my part, Sarah.
;D

QuoteWhat does it matter?
I know not. Curiosity can't be explained en masse. These people have questions, and I give them answers.

amish

WTF, Dan doesn't respond to me.

parker

You guys wanna know what happened to Pat??

Research Syd Barrett.

amish

Quotethey fell firmly under the leadership of lead guitarist Syd Barrett, the gifted genius who would write and sing most of their early material.

ooooohhhhhhh

heysarahsarah

MOD POST:

Do not, and I do mean this, post ANYTHING in this thread that you have heard from band members unless you have STRICT PERMISSION to do so.  I have already had to delete one post and I will delete further posts.  This is not just my feeling, this is the request of the band.

DO NOT POST ANYTHING REGAURDING OZMA/WHATEVAS SITUATION UNLESS THE BAND MEMBER IN QUESTION LITERALLY TELLS YOU IT IS OKAY TO POST ON THE BOARD.  I WILL ASSUME THIS IS NOT THE CASE IN EVERY POST I SEE FOLLOWING, AND THEY WILL BE DELETED. 

If you want to post theories/excitment/wishful thinking/discuss what we already know, fantastic.  Do so.  But DO NOT SPREAD CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.

Thnks,

Management

No day but today.

Speck

well then i for one will say that i am AMAZINGLY excited that its evena  possibility that they're etting back together!!! i've dreamed of this day!

k24

Jesus christ, sarah. its one thing to play police, but its another to act as if everyone keeps a secret. if one of the band members said something to someone on here, and that person on here decided to reveal the secret he/she knows, is it our faults? the band should choose their friends more wisely. your post just looked retarded. i'm sure the band probably *wished* nothing was said, but jesus christ...this thread is the only thing half of you have anything to be grateful about.

dr.pyser

Quote from: k24 on November 22, 2005, 10:23:20 pm
Jesus christ, sarah. its one thing to play police, but its another to act as if everyone keeps a secret. if one of the band members said something to someone on here, and that person on here decided to reveal the secret he/she knows, is it our faults? the band should choose their friends more wisely. your post just looked retarded. i'm sure the band probably *wished* nothing was said, but jesus christ...this thread is the only thing half of you have anything to be grateful about.

i agree with you totally. but if the owners of this board and the mods dont want anything revealed that should be respected.

thekoalastampede

this thread did get a lot of people back to the forums, but i guess if the band members don't want certain things revealed then i dont think certain things should be revealed....it's that simple. i don't understand why many of you rush to share your personal conversations with band members to us. y

Zombie Don Ho

November 23, 2005, 09:35:30 am #179 Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 09:36:43 am by les cambrioleurs
silliness all the way around, I tend to think.