May 17, 2024, 02:42:48 am

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

Ozma is reunited

Started by OzmaReunited2005, October 19, 2005, 10:03:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kitten

sarah, has anyone ever told you you're beautiful when you're angry?

noonchild

Sarah playing police?  Doesn't seem that way to me, but if she ever does, put me down for a strip search.
The light cast dark shadows all around me

heysarahsarah

Quote from: k24 on November 22, 2005, 10:23:20 pm
Jesus christ, sarah. its one thing to play police, but its another to act as if everyone keeps a secret. if one of the band members said something to someone on here, and that person on here decided to reveal the secret he/she knows, is it our faults? the band should choose their friends more wisely. your post just looked retarded. i'm sure the band probably *wished* nothing was said, but jesus christ...this thread is the only thing half of you have anything to be grateful about.

As Samuel at it might sound, I'm not "playing police".  I am actually the moderator of this board, and I'm doing my job as moderator.  I was asked to delete a post that leaked confidential information, and in an effort to reduce the number of posts I might have to delete in the future, I was proactive and made a post clearly defining what would and would not be okay to post in this forum.  While OFF is not owned by Ozma anymore, it is owned by people who respect the band enough to want to operate within their wishes.  If you absolutely must leak info, do it somewhere else.  Not sure why this position would get people's panties in a twist.

I'm not saying it is YOUR fault info leaked.  I'm just saying such leaks will not be tolerated on the forum.  All I require if you wish to post info you heard from the band is ONE SENTENCE saying "I talked to Dan/Ryen/Pat/Jose/Star and they said it was ok to say x on the board".  This is not life altering.

Kitten: you lie, I am never beautiful :P

NC: anytime baybay  :-*

Post away loves  :)

Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

November 23, 2005, 02:05:37 pm #183 Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 02:08:09 pm by srm006
Quote from: heysarahsarah on November 22, 2005, 09:10:58 pm
MOD POST:

Do not, and I do mean this, post ANYTHING in this thread that you have heard from band members unless you have STRICT PERMISSION to do so.Ã,  I have already had to delete one post and I will delete further posts.Ã,  This is not just my feeling, this is the request of the band.

DO NOT POST ANYTHING REGAURDING OZMA/WHATEVAS SITUATION UNLESS THE BAND MEMBER IN QUESTION LITERALLY TELLS YOU IT IS OKAY TO POST ON THE BOARD.Ã,  I WILL ASSUME THIS IS NOT THE CASE IN EVERY POST I SEE FOLLOWING, AND THEY WILL BE DELETED.Ã, 

If you want to post theories/excitment/wishful thinking/discuss what we already know, fantastic.Ã,  Do so.Ã,  But DO NOT SPREAD CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.

Thnks,

Management

Finally!!! Ã, I actually have to say I agree.

Sarah's not telling you guys to keep all Ozma info a secret. Ã, She's only saying you shouldn't repost personal conversations with the band. Ã, Personally, I don't know why you'd want to anyway. Ã, When I talk to Ozma member/s, I feel privileged if he/she is willing to share information with me at my personal request. Ã, When I ask Ozma a question, I ask because I AM curious, not because I want to be the person to break the news on the board. Ã, It's unfortunate that they even now have to say to me in conversation "but don't go posting this on the forums or anything." Ã, Someone really must have disobeyed someone's trust. Ã, Honestly, I think it's a shitty thing to do. Ã, You wouldn't like it if you were telling a friend something personal--a secret--over AIM, and he/she just copied the whole conversation and posted it somewhere.

if one of the band members said something to someone on here, and that person on here decided to reveal the secret he/she knows, is it our faults?

I don't think it's a matter of "fault," but if it's a secret that isn't supposed to get out, then the mod should certainly delete it. Ã,  It's not a punishment to the other forum users either.Ã,  If there's info the band doesn't want to get out, I just hope it doesn't get posted-- and if it does, I hope the mod keeps it off the board until the time is right.Ã,  Why would you want to disobey the trust of a band you like--or even moreso, of people who you talk to and who trust you?

elpinchescorcho

amish

Yeah this forum may not be 'owned' by the band any longer, but we do still 100% respect the wishes of every single band member. If they don't want something released, we don't do it. It used to be such that we wouldn't list a bootleg unless they wanted us to. I believe we are still considered their Offician Fansite, even if they technically don't exist anymore :)

The same obviously goes for confidential information. Ask if the information you get can be shared. If it can, great, share it. If it can't then consider yourself lucky.

Besides, have faith in your Moderators. We're doing what's right, we're not doing it to piss people off or keep secrets.

DougieZero

So anyways... What's the deal with Pat not being asked back?

also... Can someone post Ocho in the forums for me to download?
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members."

RaRPT

Quote from: heysarahsarah on November 23, 2005, 01:51:56 pm
Jesus christ, sarah. its one thing to play police, but its another to act as if everyone keeps a secret. if one of the band members said something to someone on here, and that person on here decided to reveal the secret he/she knows, is it our faults? the band should choose their friends more wisely. your post just looked retarded. i'm sure the band probably *wished* nothing was said, but jesus christ...this thread is the only thing half of you have anything to be grateful about.

As Samuel at it might sound, I'm not "playing police".  I am actually the moderator of this board, and I'm doing my job as moderator.  I was asked to delete a post that leaked confidential information, and in an effort to reduce the number of posts I might have to delete in the future, I was proactive and made a post clearly defining what would and would not be okay to post in this forum.  While OFF is not owned by Ozma anymore, it is owned by people who respect the band enough to want to operate within their wishes.  If you absolutely must leak info, do it somewhere else.  Not sure why this position would get people's panties in a twist.

I'm not saying it is YOUR fault info leaked.  I'm just saying such leaks will not be tolerated on the forum.  All I require if you wish to post info you heard from the band is ONE SENTENCE saying "I talked to Dan/Ryen/Pat/Jose/Star and they said it was ok to say x on the board".  This is not life altering.

Kitten: you lie, I am never beautiful :P

NC: anytime baybay  :-*

Post away loves  :)

:-\ I'm assuming it was my post that leaked confidential info, because it no longer exists... Sorry for causing you any inconvenience. I just didn't figure that what Dan told me was confidential, since I rarely ever talk to him. My apologies.

heysarahsarah

Happens dude, just be sure to clear stuff in the future and we're all golden.

Good rule of thumb is to think about talking to people in Ozma like talking to a friend...is this something that your friend might want to say for themselves?  Ask and I'm sure you'll be cool.

No day but today.

tom

Radionesiac

Pat's getting his stomach stapled.

kitten

jose was impregnated by a three headed alien.

patty

3 headed alien named Rob.

dont forget samantha, we're name dropping here. otherwise, how else can we know how to point fingers.

tom

THIS JUST IN: Reuters (AP) - Southern California rock band, formerly Ozma, will be adding a new drummer by the name of Osama Bin Laden. Their new name will be Osama. At this time the band has not released any new material since adding the new drummer. Go to http://www.osamarocks.com for more info.

Ianny

Damn.  I'm gone for a week and I miss all the action!  If anyone could PM me who leaked what with who or when why how, that would be super.

And I hear that Star is in actuality, a real star.  A mass of incandescent gas.  Pass it on.   :-*
~Ozma is now back.  Do a dance!  :D

To hear more from this strange man, go to the journal.
I also have two podcasts, one updated weekly, and one updated whenever I find the time.  The weekly one is Comic Timing and is found here.The other is "The Geekspeak Report" which is found here.

thekoalastampede

November 27, 2005, 01:02:56 pm #195 Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 01:03:46 pm by thekoalastampede
I heard from Jose that Pat is engaged to Reginald Vel Johnson and due to wedding cake testing Pat wont be at the show in December.Ã, 

Peter Criss is the most likely candidate to assume the percussionary duties...

Note: This is JUST what Jose told me.

RaRPT

Quote from: Ianny on November 27, 2005, 12:11:50 pm
Damn.  I'm gone for a week and I miss all the action!  If anyone could PM me who leaked what with who or when why how, that would be super.

I leaked that they mold in winch assemble ignition, one will be practicable and have
sustenations. Ingualmente not not necessarily always continues of
hearing of the Klopfers and the game of the current with them.

(haha )

geektheindierocker

You silly Ozma kids, well with all your shenanigans and goings ons...

On a different note, Piebald confirmed during DJ Rossstar's Punk Rock Show Webcast (Nov. 10)  that Ozma is playing the Troubador on Dec. 4. They mentioned this after answering my last question, which referred to what songs were played during the "epic" acoustic jam session between Piebald and Ozma that occurred one night during the Mae/Piebald/Ozma tour in 03. They said Superdrag and Beatles songs, and that Daniel played "Spanish Lullaby." I'm not sure who originally sings that song, it sounds familiar. Does anyone know?

I hope I'm not doing anything illegal regarding the reunion controversy by posting this. I'm merely repeating something that was said by a source close to Ozma over a live Webcast made available to the Online world.

amish

Publicly available information is fine. If  you talk to Ozma, and in trust Ozma (or a single member) tells you something, that is not fine. You need to get permission.

parker

One question:

1.  Why wouldn't the band want anyone to know that they are getting back together?  I see it as a good thing that would make people happy.  By keeping it secret, doesn't it mean that less people will show up tat the show?  I don't understand thewhole not wanting anyone to know concept.  I can understand not wanting o air dirty laundry, but keeping a reunion secret?    ??? ::)

RaRPT

yeah I don't really understand what about the info that I posted was so important or confidential, but oh well.

Zombie Don Ho

seems like a more logical approach would be that unless the band member tells you, explicitly or implicity, to keep the information to yourself, then do so... otherwise it should be fair game, right?

it feels to me like Dan fucked up in letting it out, and then changed his mind. The mods should go drop the hammer on him!  :P

i kid of course. it'll all really be of no consequence once the boys get things rolling again.

tom

a serious question: Is this a full blown reunion or just a one show deal? Is that "off limits"...i just wanna know if there is a chance of seeing them on the east coast again...

heysarahsarah

The problem isnt with people posting "they are getting back together" or whatnot, it's actual details that could potentially hurt people's feelings.  The post in question was a problem because it stated information that could do so.  I made the decision to just make it easier on everyone to ask before posting to avoid such conflicts.  It's not a moratorium on all things potential Ozma getbacktogther, it's just an expression of common courtesy.

No day but today.

RaRPT

Quote from: heysarahsarah on November 28, 2005, 03:56:46 pm
The problem isnt with people posting "they are getting back together" or whatnot, it's actual details that could potentially hurt people's feelings.  The post in question was a problem because it stated information that could do so.  I made the decision to just make it easier on everyone to ask before posting to avoid such conflicts.  It's not a moratorium on all things potential Ozma getbacktogther, it's just an expression of common courtesy.

Ahh ok. I see now. Thanks... I shall watch what I say.

Nordel

Jesus. This whole thing is just retarded.

ActionExplosion

NOT SURE IF THIS IS AGAINST THE RULES but

Gone with the Ghosts
Body:    GWTG have made 3 songs available for download due to the breakup of the band.
We will keep the site up for more songs to download soon. Original members Bryan and Mark are now currently working on new material in Austin, Tx. Dan has released a fantastic solo album "Speak Easy" that you can purchase at www.copticrecords.com. We'll keep everyone posted on the GWTG site on how the new material is progressing. Thanks to everyone for being patient.

hmmm could this be a clue?  Or is this old news of there breakup.

Indoor Fireworks

Quote from: ActionExplosion on November 28, 2005, 07:01:47 pm
NOT SURE IF THIS IS AGAINST THE RULES but

Gone with the Ghosts
Body:    GWTG have made 3 songs available for download due to the breakup of the band.
We will keep the site up for more songs to download soon. Original members Bryan and Mark are now currently working on new material in Austin, Tx. Dan has released a fantastic solo album "Speak Easy" that you can purchase at www.copticrecords.com. We'll keep everyone posted on the GWTG site on how the new material is progressing. Thanks to everyone for being patient.

hmmm could this be a clue?Ã,  Or is this old news of there breakup.

Just checked the Yes Dear website for up coming shows... absolutely nothing.
You have balls. I like balls.

Rome

Come on Sarah. Don't deny me my weekly bit of Ozma rumors, conversations, and speculations.
I mean come on

hipsun

kenn... the temp drummer was in a band called addison. they broke up a few months ago. you should check them out at www.myspace.com/addisonrock .... kenn played drums, wrote all the songs, and sang lead on a few songs.