April 18, 2024, 08:18:31 am

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

So where can i get ocho and cuatro?

Started by ActionExplosion, December 08, 2005, 05:51:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ActionExplosion

^^^^

Also, did the same ozma produce A huge and silent place?

That cd is wicked strange

tom

you can't really get it anywhere, but i'm sure if you treated someone nice enough they would give you some mp3's.
and...no, that ozma = some weird side project
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ozma

ActionExplosion

some weird side project

unrelated to our ozma?

Kurtzie

I think I have all of ocho and cuatro except for "stuck in the ground."

I'd be more than happy to e-mail them to you.
Everything will work out as long as you do whatever you want with out worring about the consequences.

heysarahsarah

Completely unrelated to Ozma of this board fame.

And you're not likely to run into copies of Ocho and Cuatro.

and really, it's all for the best.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

noonchild

The light cast dark shadows all around me

funwithsponges

I hope this thread turns into a relatively obscure poster bitching out Jason for having Ocho and/or Cuatro and then leaving the forum.  That was a fun thread.

ActionExplosion

tom

yeah i forgot to finish my sentence...i meant to write "some weird side project of some musicians unrelated to ozma"

Kurtzie

I've got some bad news, when I got my new computer I didn't bring over the right old ozma folder. However I still have a bunch from "Ocho" (the songs I don't have are on "Songs of  (In)audible Trucks and Cars" so its not to  bad if you have that CD) and I'll send them to you anyway.  Sorry about that, I should have checked first.  :-\
Everything will work out as long as you do whatever you want with out worring about the consequences.

ActionExplosion

Kurtzie

I sent them, just let me know when you get them.

Zombie Don Ho

are you sure you have Cuatro? I think that hasn't circulated.

If you pm me your Screen Name, i can AIM Ocho to anyone who wants it.

Kurtzie

I thought a friend of mine showed it to me, but I was mistaken. (cuatro)  I wouldn't mind the the Ocho songs I'm missing though, I might take you up on the offer.

heysarahsarah

I just mean that they are not Ozma's finest work, hence why most have not appeared on following albums or have been played much since.  It's not surprising...these were written like 10 years ago when they were teenagers.

No day but today.

Kurtzie

It's true that it's not their finest work, but its fun to hear old stuff. It lets you see how far they've come and how they've developed.  I find it inspiring because I just recently started writing music and you never know what you might grow into.

icecreamman

Quote from: heysarahsarah on December 08, 2005, 09:46:03 pm

Quote from: heysarahsarah on December 06, 2005, 06:44:11 pm
Hopeless, Hopeless, Hopeless,
I'm so hopeless...

old school Ozma is making me happy right now..

uhoh....

Lando_Calrissian

Quote from: icecreamman on December 09, 2005, 06:13:20 pm
Quote from: heysarahsarah on December 08, 2005, 09:46:03 pm

Quote from: heysarahsarah on December 06, 2005, 06:44:11 pm
Hopeless, Hopeless, Hopeless,
I'm so hopeless...

old school Ozma is making me happy right now..

uhoh....

Oooh... Sarah, you inconsistent loser.

Pro-active.

Zombie Don Ho

geektheindierocker

I think "Hopeless" is a fine Ozma song, definitely worth listening to.

heysarahsarah

I'm not inconsistant, mang.  I should clarify all this, the copies I am referring to are the actual tapes.  And considering how rarely those pop up anywhere, it's pretty safe to say that the liklihood is slim of finding them.  The songs are available around.  It's not their best stuff, but it is fun. 

No day but today.

jvstin

Quote from: heysarahsarah on December 10, 2005, 09:27:56 am
I'm not inconsistant, mang.Ã,  I should clarify all this, the copies I am referring to are the actual tapes.Ã,  And considering how rarely those pop up anywhere, it's pretty safe to say that the liklihood is slim of finding them.Ã,  The songs are available around.Ã,  It's not their best stuff, but it is fun.Ã, 
yeah whatever, mang
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

simpleton

btw, is the ozma hub still on ? what was it's adress?

amish

Quote from: simpleton on December 10, 2005, 11:15:28 am
I closed that a while ago, since I was the only person ever on it.

If there is a demand, it can quite possibly return. Possibly make the address to it ozmafans.com since I now have full access to the server.

Rome

I finally got my hands on both cuatro and ocho! I was so excited. I just basically met some guy in Vail who used to live in LA and I partied with him one night and I saw both ocho and cuatro and I was like "HOLY HELL OMG! *SQUIRT*" and he gave them to me each for another shot of my whiskey.

[size=0pt]lol. yeah right. you're stupid for believing that[/size]

Kurtzie

Whiskey and Ozma I can't think of a better night.  :)

Not Jason

just so there isn't confusion:  the songs on ocho that were later on songs of inaudible trucks and cars are different versions.  I'm never sure if people who haven't heard it are realizing that fact or not.

As far as I know, and I'm inclined to believe that I would know, Cuatro has never surfaced on the internet, only Ocho.  As far as I know, Cuatro was alternate versions of four songs from Ocho, so it's probably nothing that we can't live without.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Kurtzie

December 11, 2005, 11:37:07 am #27 Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 11:39:40 am by Kurtzie
Quote from: Not Jason on December 11, 2005, 05:12:10 am
just so there isn't confusion:  the songs on ocho that were later on songs of inaudible trucks and cars are different versions.

You're right, I should have made that more clear. I was just saying atleast you've heard the songs before and better quality so you're not missing much.

noonchild

As far as I know, Jasons been holding out on me.
The light cast dark shadows all around me

simpleton

Quote from: amish on December 10, 2005, 02:33:42 pm
Quote from: simpleton on December 10, 2005, 11:15:28 am
I closed that a while ago, since I was the only person ever on it.

If there is a demand, it can quite possibly return. Possibly make the address to it ozmafans.com since I now have full access to the server.

in case ozma come back that may be an end of ocho / d-song / b-side discussions...