April 29, 2024, 01:06:11 pm

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

coffee shop girl

Started by pinkertonenigma, April 28, 2005, 12:11:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkertonenigma

is 'coffee shop girl' a verified ozma song?

The Other Mike

blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

funwithsponges

How did it take this long for this forum to get a Coffee Shop Girl thread?

Ianny

Quote from: funwithsponges on April 28, 2005, 12:26:14 pm
How did it take this long for this forum to get a Coffee Shop Girl thread?

That's what I'm asking.  Maybe we should post a FAQ like there was on the old boards debunking such things before they are asked?
~Ozma is now back.  Do a dance!  :D

To hear more from this strange man, go to the journal.
I also have two podcasts, one updated weekly, and one updated whenever I find the time.  The weekly one is Comic Timing and is found here.The other is "The Geekspeak Report" which is found here.

The Other Mike

it didn't work before, I doubt it would now.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

angstpristine

Andy

phatpubah

CPL593H

qwertum

Quote from: pinkertonenigma on April 28, 2005, 12:11:29 pm
is 'coffee shop girl' a verified ozma song?

i always heard it was actually by The Cautions

by the way, i lost all of my ozma songs that were entirely unreleased or credited to inaudible sounds... if anybody can help me out, i'd owe you BIG.  IM me at Qwertum2419 or email me at tj.mccourt@gmail.com

phatpubah

on a side note:
the cautions asked to be my freind on myspace
i laughed
i think they had ozma as an influence
CPL593H

oatmeal

Awesome, thanks I never knew who really sang that song before. although I knew it was not ozma. I was going to put a post for it but then I found it.

I like ozma

i asked daniel who it was once and he said he didnt remember their names

oatmeal

January 21, 2006, 05:36:08 pm #12 Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 05:47:40 pm by oatmeal
Thats becuase the Daniel your thinking about is that homless man who lives behind Junny's market, about five minutes away from your house.

Sandguy

kool-aid man rules. favorite ozma song* ever.

*not actually an ozma song.

on the topic at hand. i remember going to see ozma at Soma in San Diego with The Format, Piebald, and Mae. when ozma was on stage i yelled "COFFEE SHOP GIRL!!!" at one point when everyone was tuning their guitars. everyone turned and stared at me. ryen then muttered/grumbled/mumbled "coffee shop girl, coffee shop girl..." i think he said something else and everyone laughed.

oatmeal

Quote from: Sandguy on January 22, 2006, 10:53:21 am
kool-aid man rules. favorite ozma song* ever.

*not actually an ozma song.

on the topic at hand. i remember going to see ozma at Soma in San Diego with The Format, Piebald, and Mae. when ozma was on stage i yelled "COFFEE SHOP GIRL!!!" at one point when everyone was tuning their guitars. everyone turned and stared at me. ryen then muttered/grumbled/mumbled "coffee shop girl, coffee shop girl..." i think he said something else and everyone laughed.

Haha. +1 For a good funny story.

Nordel

Coffe Shop Girl sounds nothing like Ozma what so ever. I don't know how anyone could mistake that piece of shit for Ozma.

I know I'm relatively new here, but I really have been an Ozma fan for a long time.

I hate to break it to you guys, but Coffee Shop Girl IS and Ozma song.  It's just not on any of the albums.  Trust me, I found multiple copies on Limewire.

And while I'm at it, I think you should all know the song "Tetris" is by Weezer.  It drives me crazy how many people get this wrong.

Sandguy

contrary to popular belief, Baseball is a cover song which was originally done by Weezer as well.

geektheindierocker

Yeah, it's by The Cautions, as mentioned before. They're kinda blah. But that chorus is really friggen catchy. Lyrics blow though.

Rome

I like ozma

Quote from: Rome on January 22, 2006, 09:55:37 pm
What's an Ozma?

Ozma = liver with a pinch of salt, on a thick piece of rye.