April 29, 2024, 10:12:56 am

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

Ozma sighting (We have already seen the one with Piebald and the Vegetable Oil)

Started by sammo, March 16, 2005, 03:52:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sammo

I was watching the "Part of your body is made of rock" music video on piebald.com (in the downloads section) and I noticed that the red ozma logo shirt is worn by the guitarist around the 1:35 mark.  I thought it was pretty funny.

kitten

dude, the guitarist is aaron stuart, star's boyfriend.

Not Jason

yeah.  it's true.  or at least was, does anyone know if that's still going strong by now or what?

none the less, it's a cool little detail in the video.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

nick

i think travis has worn that shirt in some pics before too.  or maybe it was aaron.

also, jose was lurking around around the GOD around 4 am est the other night.

Andy

yeah theres also some old piebald pics if you go through em where they all wear an ozma tee once in awhile

kaleigh

as a sidenote, piebald is from a town 10 minutes down the road and a lot of people i'm friends with went to school with them or know them.

Fantastic Max

Haha well he's wearing the shirt throughout the whole video for "American Hearts".
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Andy

Cheese

Searching Ozma CD's on amazon and came across this.  I was like "WHOA...WHA...OH MY... oh never mind."  After further investigation I discovered that I believe someone had posted this in here long ago.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CA81L8/qid=1134706441/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_6/102-6884284-9281756?s=music&v=glance&n=5174

Kurtzie

My school turned down 5 dollar Piebald tickets. Hell I would watch paint dry for 5 bucks let alone a conciert of Piebald
Everything will work out as long as you do whatever you want with out worring about the consequences.

malcolm

Quote from: Kurtzie on December 15, 2005, 08:26:02 pm
My school turned down 5 dollar Piebald tickets. Hell I would watch paint dry for 5 bucks let alone a conciert of Piebald

are you serious ? just a general question, sarcasm is tough these days what with the internet and all...
but in all honesty lets say someone painted a fence or something and assuming all conditions (weather for example) were good would you seriously pay for that?
because i just might
"A little while and I will be gone from among you, when I cannot tell. From nowhere we came, into nowhere we go. What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset." -- Crowfoot

Cheese

I just love some of the conversations we have in here.

Kurtzie

Quote from: malcolm on December 15, 2005, 10:44:42 pm
Quote from: Kurtzie on December 15, 2005, 08:26:02 pm

are you serious ? just a general question, sarcasm is tough these days what with the internet and all...
but in all honesty lets say someone painted a fence or something and assuming all conditions (weather for example) were good would you seriously pay for that?
because i just might

Sorry it was sarcasm, but I never said a fence. For all you knew I could be watching a marvelous painting dry.
Everything will work out as long as you do whatever you want with out worring about the consequences.

Cheese

I bought this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6466020462&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Jeff42

Quote from: Casey L. Carr on December 22, 2005, 06:05:28 pm
I bought this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6466020462&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1
Wow, I live in Cleveland and when I saw Nada Surf a couple months ago I met another Ozma fan there who told me about seeing Ozma and Nada Surf at the Grog Shop in October 2003 and what an awesome show it was.  This must be from that show.

Kyosho

Quote from: Casey L. Carr on December 22, 2005, 06:05:28 pm
I bought this...

:o

Any chance of making a rip that you can share with us? If you need help making one, PM me.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

tom

has anyone seen the commercial on mtv with piebald in it that lead singer guy is wearing an ozma shirt?
its a tv ad about people driving around in an RV that runs off of vegetable oil. the ozma shirt is on tv for about 2 seconds.

amish

Quote from: Tom Is Dead on January 02, 2006, 07:29:17 pm
has anyone seen the commercial on mtv with piebald in it that lead singer guy is wearing an ozma shirt?
its a tv ad about people driving around in an RV that runs off of vegetable oil. the ozma shirt is on tv for about 2 seconds.
Quote from: sammo on March 16, 2005, 03:52:48 pm
I was watching the "Part of your body is made of rock" music video on piebald.com (in the downloads section) and I noticed that the red ozma logo shirt is worn by the guitarist around the 1:35 mark.  I thought it was pretty funny.

Kyosho

People other than teenage girls, like my step-sister, watch MTV?  :o
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

tom

Quote from: amish on January 03, 2006, 03:36:42 am
is that the same thing? i literally flipped the channel on just as ozma t-shirt was on tv.

Sandguy

Quote from: Sandguy on November 24, 2005, 01:42:06 pm
i saw one, i think!!

on mtv there was a commercial regarding gas conservation by using vegetable oil instead. they brought a sign that said PIEBALD on their van or something which i thought was a fluke of sorts that that was the van's name or something. but they went to go see piebald and travis was wearing the red ozma shirt... it only flashed piebald for like a little less than a second. but i swear it was an ozma shirt.

Quote from: brandoncol on November 28, 2005, 02:47:42 pm
i was watching tv, when a comercial came on about this band that turned their van into vegatable oil powered instaed of gas. well, it turns out that band is Piebald, who i have actualy seen play with ozma twice (once in santa barbara and once at the troubador in w. hollywood). Anyways, if you watch long enough, for a split second you can see a guitarist wearing the famous ozma logo shirt. Just thought i would mention it.

Not Jason

Quote from: amish on January 03, 2006, 03:36:42 am
I was watching the "Part of your body is made of rock" music video on piebald.com (in the downloads section) and I noticed that the red ozma logo shirt is worn by the guitarist around the 1:35 mark.Ã,  I thought it was pretty funny.

actually, despite the fact that the vegitable oil thing has been brought up before, it is an entirely different sighting than the one in the music video. 
I am the baseball.

amish

Sounded quite similar to me. One was a commercial about the song, and one was the song itself, as I understood it.

Ah well

Not Jason

Quote from: amish on January 06, 2006, 02:15:17 pm
Sounded quite similar to me. One was a commercial about the song, and one was the song itself, as I understood it.

Ah well

one was an animated music video for a song, which featured a member wearing a shirt.  the other was a comercial for a seperate thing.  it's an honest mistake, as they both relate to piebald and members wearing a red logo shirt, but I thought it fair to clairify that they are honestly different things (though, in your defense, either have been pointed out a handful of times by now).
I am the baseball.

stefanie

Quote from: Not Jason on March 16, 2005, 05:59:24 pm
yeah.  it's true.  or at least was, does anyone know if that's still going strong by now or what?

I realize this was posted almost a year ago, but since no one else answered this yet: they're engaged.

gloom-glaam

so like i was saying i was looking through the magazine
and it had the picture of
Matthew Caws in his Ozma shirt
but the pic was cut and only some of it was shown
but just enough to see all of the ozma symbol
awyea!

patty

Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on January 26, 2006, 06:50:44 pm
so like i was saying i was looking through the magazine
and it had the picture of
Matthew Caws in his Ozma shirt
but the pic was cut and only some of it was shown
but just enough to see all of the ozma symbol
awyea!

found the thread. finally.

but i just posted in off topic.
i found that pic too.
its an add.
and i can see the whole shirt.
red ozma logo shirt.

gloom-glaam

another piebald -ozma t-shirt sighting

hard kid video
and killa bros and killa bees cover

weezma33

Hey--I have one piebald album (all ears, all eyes, all the time)--
How many are there?

gloom-glaam

there's that
we're the only friends we have
If It werent for venetian blinds it'd be curtains for us all
barely legal and all ages(double)
Killa Bros and Killa Bees
When Life Hands You Lemons
The Rock Revolution Wont Be Televised(only for songs though)

its not hard to lookd up