If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

Proper Ozma Etiquette

Started by default_anon, February 03, 2006, 11:03:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

k24

i havnt crowd surfed since i saw the toadies on their last tour

phatpubah

i think id be funny if someone from the forum crowd surfed at the reunion show

(i took my sister to a hellogoodbye concert at the knitting factory [shes 15 and it was for christmas] and there were plenty of crowdsurfers)
CPL593H

oatmeal

Quote from: ozmacity on February 16, 2006, 09:13:27 pm
Every smaller type show I've been to for Ozma has been pretty low key, people boppin their head and screamin the lyrics, which is okay, if they're in key.

But at the Wiltern(their 'supposed' last show) it was a lot bigger and the Ozma fans were jumping up and down, and the theatre was so big no one really noticed. But I don't think that'd work in a smaller venue like the Knitting Factory or the Key Club or something..that'd just be awkward.

you were there? awesome. I was to. But I was on the balcony section so it was all sit down.

ruddiger_718

Quote from: oatmeal on February 20, 2006, 07:17:22 pm
Every smaller type show I've been to for Ozma has been pretty low key, people boppin their head and screamin the lyrics, which is okay, if they're in key.

But at the Wiltern(their 'supposed' last show) it was a lot bigger and the Ozma fans were jumping up and down, and the theatre was so big no one really noticed. But I don't think that'd work in a smaller venue like the Knitting Factory or the Key Club or something..that'd just be awkward.

you were there? awesome. I was to. But I was on the balcony section so it was all sit down.

Yea, I was in the balcony as well, sitting in front of two older folks (probably their with their kids), and me and my friends were trying to get into Ozma, while sitting down. Akward.

oatmeal

Quote from: ruddiger_718 on February 21, 2006, 11:13:36 am

Yea, I was in the balcony as well, sitting in front of two older folks (probably their with their kids), and me and my friends were trying to get into Ozma, while sitting down. Akward.

Wow really? I was behind a man and a woman with their kids and by an older couple who left after ozma was done and they told us "that it is nice to see other ozma fans". I think it was one of the ozma members parents or something. I had a green (yellow text) ozma shirt on, I was... 15? at the time. I dont know. Im 17 in one month  :D. All of the other people with me were older some were in thier 20's.

ruddiger_718

Quote from: oatmeal on February 21, 2006, 10:29:24 pm

Wow really? I was behind a man and a woman with their kids and by an older couple who left after ozma was done and they told us "that it is nice to see other ozma fans". I think it was one of the ozma members parents or something. I had a green (yellow text) ozma shirt on, I was... 15? at the time. I dont know. Im 17 in one monthÃ,  :D. All of the other people with me were older some were in thier 20's.

I don't think the older folks were apreciatting me and my two friends, but it was cool, b/c after they played, we went to the lobby, and talked to some fellow fans, then met with Ryen, Daniel, Jose, and Pat.

k24

here's some etiquette rules:

-dont play with candy wrappers
-turn off your cell phones and other noise making devices
-help remain silent during performances because the shows are recorded
-if you must leave, do it during applause
-save your applause for the end of the piece, not after every movement
-small children in the back.

Bob511

Quote from: k24 on March 02, 2006, 08:25:13 am
-help remain silent during performances because the shows are recorded
Hmm.  I mean, I record shows, and even I don't expect this, unless we're talking seriously over-the-top disruption or loud, unrelated conversations.  People deserve to enjoy their show more than I deserve to have a pristine recording, I figure.

The Other Mike

those are the etiquite rules for classical performances... I think it was kris' idea of a joke.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Not Jason

Yeah, the whole "clapping at the end of the piece, not individual movements" thing kind of gave that away, but until I got to that one I wasn't quite sure what he was getting at.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Indoor Fireworks

I'm not a violent person, but the most recent event which involved me punching someone in the face was at an Ozma show-he was a crowd surfer that was blocking my view. The other times I punched people in the face were so long ago, I didn't even have pubic hairs. Perhaps I was just disgruntled because of the lack of manhood.

Jonathan
You have balls. I like balls.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: ruddiger_718 on February 22, 2006, 08:20:07 pm
Quote from: oatmeal on February 21, 2006, 10:29:24 pm

Wow really? I was behind a man and a woman with their kids and by an older couple who left after ozma was done and they told us "that it is nice to see other ozma fans". I think it was one of the ozma members parents or something. I had a green (yellow text) ozma shirt on, I was... 15? at the time. I dont know. Im 17 in one monthÃ,  :D. All of the other people with me were older some were in thier 20's.

I don't think the older folks were apreciatting me and my two friends, but it was cool, b/c after they played, we went to the lobby, and talked to some fellow fans, then met with Ryen, Daniel, Jose, and Pat.
Yeah we had to wait all the way back past that Denny's do get good spots, and those bastards at the "floor" entrance, took the whole ticket, including the stub. I never got a "Last Ozma Show" stub..we were all so mad.

Ah well..they're back together so all is well.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

xellyjane

if you are tall and you have tall friends, please do not stand infront of shorter people  like a wall of giants.

The Other Mike

Quote from: xellyjane on March 09, 2006, 09:50:40 am
if you are tall and you have tall friends, please do not stand infront of shorter people  like a wall of giants.

If you are short, get there early and claim your place at the front before the tall people do.  You should know how to deal with your horrible deformity by now.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Not Jason

Quote from: The Other Mike on March 09, 2006, 11:05:10 am
Quote from: xellyjane on March 09, 2006, 09:50:40 am
if you are tall and you have tall friends, please do not stand infront of shorter peopleÃ,  like a wall of giants.

If you are short, get there early and claim your place at the front before the tall people do.Ã,  You should know how to deal with your horrible deformity by now.

haha.

seriously though.  I'm not that tall, so this doesn't really apply to me, but after the last show I went to, my friend was complaining about this tall guy that was near the front of the crowd (in reality, he was about 10 feet back from the stage).  while I understand why that would be a problem, I think it's horribly unfair to say that all tall people should always have to stand in back.  Seeing a band right up against the stage is a MUCH different experience than seeing it from the back of a huge crowd.  Normally, if I'm in the front row and there is a short person who's head I can easily see over, I won't really contest to them getting in front of me, but I don't see it as my obligation.
I am the baseball.

kitten

i'm  not that short, but i know how it is when someone way taller than you stands in your way at a show, and it sucks.  it seems like no matter where you stand they somehow move in front of you, so you shift over a little and they shift the same direction.  so irriating.  i always turn around to make sure i'm not blocking the person directly behind me.

default_anon

We should create a super race of concert-goers; all hardcore dancers, moshers, and extremely tall people will be barred from reproducing.

xellyjane

Quote from: default_anon on March 09, 2006, 03:24:42 pm
We should create a super race of concert-goers; all hardcore dancers, moshers, and extremely tall people will be barred from reproducing.

ummm.. im definately fine with reproducing with tall people, just not being behind them at concerts.

Not Jason

Quote from: Timantha on March 09, 2006, 01:31:20 pm
i'mÃ,  not that short, but i know how it is when someone way taller than you stands in your way at a show, and it sucks.Ã,  it seems like no matter where you stand they somehow move in front of you, so you shift over a little and they shift the same direction.Ã,  so irriating.Ã,  i always turn around to make sure i'm not blocking the person directly behind me.

But if you're tall, you're always going to be blocking somebody unless you are in the very back.  Personally, I don't think it's reasonable or fair to expect all tall people to always stand in the back of the room.
I am the baseball.

default_anon

Quote from: Not Jason on March 10, 2006, 04:54:27 pmBut if you're tall, you're always going to be blocking somebody unless you are in the very back.  Personally, I don't think it's reasonable or fair to expect all tall people to always stand in the back of the room.

I totally agree, but I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy it if all the abnormally tall people were forced to the back of the room.

Is smoking allowed in California clubs?

Fantastic Max

-Donkey Lips

patty

in california smoking is not allowed in any public buildings.
clubs, bars, resturants, museums, hospitals, hotels, stores....anywhere that is not a home, basicly.
but most places accomidate by having designated smoking areas outside.
so if you smoke, bring a jacket.

default_anon

Awesome! When they passed a similar law in Washington, I'd never been so happy in my life! Until I found out that Ozma got back together, of course.

Not Jason

Quote from: patty on March 11, 2006, 09:03:53 am
clubs, bars, resturants, museums, hospitals, hotels, stores....anywhere that is not a home, basicly.

It's LA, how cold can it POSSIBLY be?
I am the baseball.

patty

even in la it gets a little cold at night.
but i was refering to anywhere in california.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Not Jason on March 11, 2006, 07:47:04 pm
Quote from: patty on March 11, 2006, 09:03:53 am

It's LA, how cold can it POSSIBLY be?
It's supposed to be fuck'a cold.

In the 30's I think.
-Donkey Lips

Not Jason

Does it seriously freeze in LA?
I am the baseball.

Quote from: Not Jason on March 11, 2006, 11:27:59 pm

it's been so fucking cold.Ã,  --well, I mean, for L.A. I guess.Ã,  It was in the 70s when I got here, and I was wearing a shirt, sweater and sweatshirt tonight and the wind chill was still awful.
at once point it was hailing on the drive to san diego

funwithsponges

Quote from: srm273 on March 12, 2006, 02:04:13 am
Quote from: Not Jason on March 11, 2006, 11:27:59 pm

it's been so fucking cold.Ã,  --well, I mean, for L.A. I guess.Ã,  It was in the 70s when I got here, and I was wearing a shirt, sweater and sweatshirt tonight and the wind chill was still awful.
at once point it was hailing on the drive to san diego

It's nice during the day, but by about 5 pm, it gets really cold.  It's also been really windy the last few days, a lot more than usual.

My mom told me the snow level in the Bay Area the other night was 500 ft, and with Sarah posting that it was snowing in Vegas a few days ago, there's just a really fucked up cold front over the whole west coast.

Not Jason

Considering how oddly warm a winter it's been in Maine, I'll believe it.  Whether just doesn't want to make any sense this season.
I am the baseball.