April 29, 2024, 01:00:31 pm

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

Ozma in San Francisco! (Now with MP3s)

Started by rwaskippy, March 14, 2006, 11:02:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

patty

we'll meet by the pole!

[/joke most people wont get till they actually get there]

jvstin

whew... for a while there i was scared that i might actually have to meet some OFF people.
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

patty

dude.
steve still hasnt told me if he wants to go w/ me tomorrow night.
he said he's definitly going to the day show, which i prolly wont.

i dont want to be stuck with an extra ticket, but i dont want to give it away if he ends up wanting it.
i should tell our friend isa to make him go.

jvstin

if you see a semi-tall asian guy with bad hair (long/messy/unkempt looking) wearing plaid and a red ozma shirt underneath, be sure to say hi.

patty

HEY!

i dont  know if the show is sold out or not, but by a weird change of events, i now have 2 extra tickets.
if you or a friend have not yet aquired tickets, lemmie know.
i'll sell them at what i paid ($14/each) or best offer.

i'll prolly be outside a bit.
my hoodie is beige with a big heart on it and has multi colored drawstrings.
my shirt is white and a little ruffly.
and i have jeans.
i'll try to wear my glasses.
dark hair.

angelwings155

person with no car: any bay area ozma fans willing to give another ozma fan a ride tonight??? please???  :'(

patty

premature update:
sold my extra tickets and made $1
yay free show!
it was nice to see my old friends from facing new york again.
rene gave me a sweater (but that was due to unfortunate circumstances that left me sweaterless)

i saw sarah, bob & rosie tonight.

i gave jose & star a pile of cookies that they seemed to appreciate.

my friend and i got retty trashed. she got more trashed than me,

can someone tell me how ozma was?
i hope bob has a bootleg.
i could hear faintly from outside.
im at my sisters right now.

Bob511

Slim's mixer lady: "But...but this soundboard goes to eleven."

Bob511

"Maybe in an Alternate Dimension," though....awesome, been way too long.

jvstin

it was awesome... but that may be slightly tainted by the fact that it's been 2+ years since i last saw them. great setlist. they were rocking in good form tonight. played 2 new songs.

i saw sarah and bob as they were coming in the venue.

got to chat with ryen afterwards too. that was pretty cool albeit forced and usually awkward.

maybe in an alternate dimension was the highlight for me. fucking awesome. hardly ever get to hear that live. ryen's intro guitar solo was very very cool

rwaskippy

im way drunk right now but from waht i remember itw as fucking wasome! and this ransome hotish guy wzas talking to me! but then he dissapeared... so anhywasy it was amaxing meeting yo paaty im soory yo u had to leave but you friend lloked like she was going t o ne sick... well anywaus!!!!!! iom sad i didnt meet anymore of you but it eas fin amd i cant wait until they have more shous!!!! i had the best nivht... besides the cab ridw home but i;kk exolain that ,ater... night all
This space is intentionally left blank

Jeff42

Quote from: rwaskippy on May 06, 2006, 03:18:38 am
im way drunk right now but from waht i remember itw as fucking wasome! and this ransome hotish guy wzas talking to me! but then he dissapeared... so anhywasy it was amaxing meeting yo paaty im soory yo u had to leave but you friend lloked like she was going t o ne sick... well anywaus!!!!!! iom sad i didnt meet anymore of you but it eas fin amd i cant wait until they have more shous!!!! i had the best nivht... besides the cab ridw home but i;kk exolain that ,ater... night all
wow

Bob511

At five bucks a pop that must've been a pricey drunk, too.

funwithsponges

Quote from: Bob511 on May 06, 2006, 01:02:15 am
"Maybe in an Alternate Dimension," though....awesome, been way too long.

!

Seriously?

Scott Peltz

I had an awesome time! They played a lot of stuff of DDD that I either hadn't ever heard live or not in a long time.

Daniel brummel still remembers my name, and I still cannot think of anything to have a conversation with him about. "hey good show" can really only last so long. I still have never talked to Jose, he's seems always surrounded by girls. actually, I did say something to him when he sold me a shirt, but I don't think "blue, large, thanks" count as a quality conversation.

Eponine and Wake Up have to be two of the funnest songs live. I love them every time.

patty

May 07, 2006, 07:43:15 pm #45 Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 11:21:54 pm by patty
i forgot to mention i bought ozma cookies.
jose took them to moment he saw them.
and even though im not a huge facing new york fan, im pretty fond of the sweater rene gave me.
go team mirror whale!

edit: ok. so i did already say all of that.
go team drunk post!

jvstin

hey bob511, did you happen to record this show?

i've been mulling over "maybe in an alternate dimension" lately and it'd be pretty awesome if you got that. they rocked the hell out of that one.

Bob511

jvstin

Nordel

patty

sarah, would you be offended is i made sweet passionate love to your man?
it simply out of gratitude.
i swear.

jvstin

"we should just move here.... fuck LA"

;D ;D ;D ;D

Bob511

jvstin

patty

///

for the record, according to Star's setlist the two new songs are   "Cool Song" and "Straight Flush"

thanks, this is awesome

Zombie Don Ho

merci bien! I am currently rocking out to said bootleg.

On the new songs: while nothing quite sounds finished yet, in my estimation 'Cool Song' seems to have the highest potential for radness. That guitar/keyboard breakdown is thoroughly badass.

Jeff42

Thanks for the MP3s!  I'm glad to finally get a recording of the awesome "Cool Song," which was also played on night two at the Knitting Factory.

savewhatyouare

Argh. Can someone repost the MP3s? Bandwith is up. At least post up the new songs, I want to hear.

amish

One sec, let me give them more bandwidth.

Obligatory Advertisement: Buy Ozma hosting. You can host a bootleg for months before you run out of bandwidth. And then I give you more, for free. Support the forum!