April 29, 2024, 01:32:30 pm

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

guitar solo + vocals in lorraine

Started by itsosimpo, March 27, 2006, 06:09:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

amish

wow, I really like that shirt. I wish I got one. I also wish I lived in Cali for all the Ozma shows they get out there.

itsosimpo

Quote from: Not Jason on March 30, 2006, 03:05:49 pm
The electric warrior shirt was limited to 100, each of them hand numbered.  I think it was available in 3 colors, but I only remember two of them:  Blue and brown.  They were put out by some company (possibly named electric warrior) and sold on the Roonie tour for outrageously high prices (30 bucks).

oh shoot i might be willing to pay 30 for that.
and yeah, i'm talking about the acoustic version.
HIYA! I LIKE OZMA!

Kyosho

Actually Dan told me they were so expensive because of the treatment process they went through. Something with stones, or something, to make them feel like they had that "old, worn in shirt" feeling. Said it cost them like $25 for each shirt, so Ozma really didn't even make more profit off of them than the normal shirts. How much does that suck, I ask you?
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Not Jason

Well, I didn't mean my "outrageously high price" comment to be interpretted as it's wording probably suggests.  I think the shirt was more or less completely intended to be collectable, and as such, the price hike was justified.  Considering that it was done in conjunction with a fake-vintage t-shirt company, done in such a short run, made to such quality, and sold on a relatively major tour, there are a lot of potential reasons why the price could have been so high.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Fantastic Max

Has nobody mentioned the White "Shredding Donkey" shirt?!?Ã,  Circa, around the time they broke up, I think.

I have it.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

kitten

that one's from before then.  kristopher bought it when they played warped tour.

heysarahsarah

I also have an Samuel array of Ozma shirts.

Blue on blue pyramid
blue donkey
blue on black spending time logo
pink on black spending time logo

uh...I thought I had one more but I forget which. 

And yeah, screened shirts are much more expensive if you don't buy them in huge quantities.  Limited run shirts are always gunna be more expensive, unless you print them yourself, and the cost of the equipment is generally pretty prohibative of that.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

patty

i've noticed not many people have the shooting star shirt.
i bought it at warped tour.
i guess it wasnt in such high demand cuz it was so girly.

Quote from: patty on April 09, 2006, 10:12:34 am
i've noticed not many people have the shooting star shirt.
i bought it at warped tour.
i guess it wasnt in such high demand cuz it was so girly.

I WILL GIVE YOU $50 FOR THAT SHIRT.  (no joke)

patty

hell no.
its one of my favorite shirts due to its simplicity.
plus i dont think you'd fit it.
its a girl sized capped sleeve tee.

Quote from: patty on April 09, 2006, 03:47:35 pm
hell no.
its one of my favorite shirts due to its simplicity.
plus i dont think you'd fit it.
its a girl sized capped sleeve tee.

It would.  I'm so tiny.  $75.  (I'm rich, I can keep going with $25 increments alllllllll night)

patty

considering the cost of scalped beck tickets on ebay, your offer is looking better by the minute.
but when it comes down to it (and the fact i have beck in santa cruz as a back up)
im gonna have to still say no.

patty

hey. im not the one charging $115 min/ticket.

but then again, neither is he.

Not Jason

Quote from: patty on April 09, 2006, 04:50:08 pm
hey. im not the one charging $115 min/ticket.

but then again, neither is he.

He needs to find some way to afford the scientology.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.