May 16, 2024, 04:45:16 am

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

favorite brummel song

Started by Mikerton, May 18, 2006, 02:58:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sadmachine

June 05, 2006, 06:24:38 am #30 Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 06:26:28 am by sadmachine
Quote from: geektheindierocker on June 04, 2006, 04:12:50 pm

Is "Marcha Funebre" a cover? If so, does anyone know the original artist/definitive recording?

Thanks

not exactly a cover, but he set words to the melody of maurice ravel's "pavane pour une infante defunte."

as for a definitive recording, i'm not sure. here's a bunch:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/102-5266774-0304164?%5Fencoding=UTF8&search-type=ss&index=classical&field-keywords=ravel%20pavane

jean-yves thibaudet's performance on his ravel album is very nice, but it's the only one i've heard. the emi classics series is always a sure bet, though, if you want some orchestral works thrown in, too.

weezma33

being a terrible navigator of the internet and the least technical person ever, I've hardly gotten ahold of any of this stuff.  however, I do have view of the sea, which is the most beautiful song I have ever heard.

Nordel

Yes. I dare say that View of the Sea is the best Daniel Brummel's solo work. Well, I guess there's also Sao Paulo, and of course his contraband stuff. Mystery of the Cathedral is up there too.

Colt45

i am partial to view of the sea as well.
Senor Beavis! Donde Esta Tu Hall Pass?

geektheindierocker