April 29, 2024, 12:05:13 pm

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

ozma's new website

Started by Jordan, April 17, 2006, 09:30:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

patty

flash is very handy in preventing/making it harder for people to steal your webcontent.

Cantinflas Jim

Quote from: patty on April 29, 2006, 06:53:51 pm
flash is very handy in preventing/making it harder for people to steal your webcontent.

That is indeed true.

Andy

Not Jason

You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

bobskeets

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Andy on May 02, 2006, 12:05:13 pm
www.ozma.fr
Isn't that slightly illegal-ish? Or is there any legal action at all?

Like, you couldn't just create a band a call yourselves the Beatles and make hit records.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Not Jason

Quote from: ozmacity on May 03, 2006, 10:51:25 pm
Quote from: Andy on May 02, 2006, 12:05:13 pm
www.ozma.fr
Isn't that slightly illegal-ish? Or is there any legal action at all?

Like, you couldn't just create a band a call yourselves the Beatles and make hit records.

They probably picked the name without any knowledge of real Ozma, though I can't imagine they had it first, and it seems like they would have found out about our Ozma with some very slight online searching easy enough.  Though I wonder what the legality of it is and if it is effected at all by their nationality.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

The Other Mike

I think they're fine as long as they don't try to release stuff in the US.  If ozma had a big international record label behind them it would be a different story.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

gloom-glaam

what happens if ozma releases in france

phatpubah

CPL593H

I like ozma

wow, ozma is a good band!

butterfly

actually, there is another band called ozma before 'this' ozma...

claydarcy

Yeah, I think there're three at this point. All fans of Baum's work, I guess. :)

Seb

On the name debate - name clashes happen. Usually you just change the name you're known as to release records in the country that has the clash - it's why Suede are known as The London Suede in the US, and why the Raconteurs have had to come up with another name for when they release/play in Australia.

Also :

Quote from: patty on April 29, 2006, 06:53:51 pm

That's as may be, but it's also very handy in preventing/making it harder for people to VIEW your webcontent. I hate webdesigners that don't take into consideration the fact that not everyone has the latest PC, the flashiest plug-ins and the best browser. The idea of the web should be that information is available to all who want to view it, in whatever format. The emphasis should be on putting the content there, and then constructing a pretty design around it in a way that doesn't interfere with the raw information still being accessible. Or something.
"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

Jeff42

The new site is up!  And best of all, "American & Canadian tour dates to be announced soon!"  :D

Kyosho

May 30, 2006, 06:48:30 pm #45 Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 06:55:42 pm by Kyosho
Hahahaha. I can't believe my chipmunk mp3 made the official site!

Er..that's me confessing, by the way.

Edit: Well, the mp3 library at least. Not exactly on the official site. But it's on Daniel's site, so, that counts somewhat.

Edit2: It seems all the pages are hosted on Daniel's site. Okay then. Back to official recognition! Woo. The thing took me like 10 seconds to make. But I love it.  :D
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Andy

Also cool of them to post up the repository

FireAarro

Sick, they put "Battlescars (chipmunks)" on their site.
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

antiuser

Damn, Ozma linked my site from theirs.  ;D

///

I like the design, though for me it's taking a long time to load...they also have a nice mp3 section

comments?

gloom-glaam

Seb

It looks great... but that tiny content window compared with all the whitespace for navigation is really annoying when you're browsing at work in a smaller window so your colleagues don't see you're on the net instead of phoning up academics to ask them what they thought of books they got free copies of and if they're going to put them on reading lists for their courses starting later this year.

But that's a pretty specific complaint, I guess.
"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

amish

I'm sure the site is just temporary, and they will soon have a full-blown Flash website for us to "enjoy"

heysarahsarah

i'm sure bob mentioned it, but they link Bob's boots from the last shows we went to from off my webspace.

Kinda cool. :)
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.