April 29, 2024, 10:00:31 am

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

NYC Irving Plaza

Started by tom, July 13, 2006, 01:41:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tom

Who will be attending?
I will be going with my roomate, his girlfriend and a mutual friend of ours. Just got tickets.

Not Jason

I'm planning on going.  I have my ticket.  Nothing's sure until I'm actually at the venue though.  I'm hoping to go to both NYC and DC.  Does anyone know how far the venue is from the train station (big amtrack style train, not subway)?  Logistics is a bitch.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

brad

i'm going with my friends tracy, ben, alex, phil, josh, talia, jordan, rachel, and maybe rob.

so it should be a great time.

tom

Quote from: Not Jason on July 17, 2006, 10:59:02 pm
I'm planning on going.  I have my ticket.  Nothing's sure until I'm actually at the venue though.  I'm hoping to go to both NYC and DC.  Does anyone know how far the venue is from the train station (big amtrack style train, not subway)?  Logistics is a bitch.
I honestly dont know, but my friend who loves new york is going with us, and she saw jenny lewis and the twins at irving plaza and said its not too expensive of a cab ride, and not too far of a walk (which is what we'll probably do), I think I'll be coming up thru MSG (penn station), if your train stops there, maybe we can meet, and then go to the venue.

Not Jason

Quote from: Tom Is Dead on July 18, 2006, 03:25:52 pm
Quote from: Not Jason on July 17, 2006, 10:59:02 pm
I'm planning on going.Ã,  I have my ticket.Ã,  Nothing's sure until I'm actually at the venue though.Ã,  I'm hoping to go to both NYC and DC.Ã,  Does anyone know how far the venue is from the train station (big amtrack style train, not subway)?Ã,  Logistics is a bitch.
I honestly dont know, but my friend who loves new york is going with us, and she saw jenny lewis and the twins at irving plaza and said its not too expensive of a cab ride, and not too far of a walk (which is what we'll probably do), I think I'll be coming up thru MSG (penn station), if your train stops there, maybe we can meet, and then go to the venue.

yeah, i'd be up for possibly meeting up with you/anyone else that's going at the station (i'm pretty sure it's penn station I'm planning on coming into) and heading out from there.  I still don't have any concrete plans or ideas for things like WHEN I'll be arriving, etc.  I have to sort out some variables first.
I am the baseball.

Tri$tan

I might be able to meet you guys at penn station or something. i haven't bought tickets (I need to soon) but i'm not even certain I can go yet
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

mike

I'M YELLING AT YOU BECAUSE I DON'T RESPECT YOU!

Ianny

I'll be there.  Bought my ticket already, ready to go see Ozma for the first time in forever, and will hopefully meet some of you folks there too!
~Ozma is now back.  Do a dance!  :D

To hear more from this strange man, go to the journal.
I also have two podcasts, one updated weekly, and one updated whenever I find the time.  The weekly one is Comic Timing and is found here.The other is "The Geekspeak Report" which is found here.

Jeff42

Quote from: Innocent Bi-Stan-der on July 19, 2006, 04:14:00 pm
I might be able to meet you guys at penn station or something. i haven't bought tickets (I need to soon) but i'm not even certain I can go yet
Whoa, nice avatar.  I made it.  8)

SickNick89

I'll be there.

~ Nick

Jordan

i will be there with my friend kim.

oh man, jason is going!? best concert ever! um... try this website for walking/bus/subway directions http://www.hopstop.com/ its awesome. if ya wanna meet up let me know... i know my way farely well around nyc.

-Jordan  :)
you're as cold as ice.

tom

So...is there a bar at this place?

mike

Quote from: Tom Is Dead on August 02, 2006, 07:44:43 am
So...is there a bar at this place?
yeah theres a bar.  beers are pretty average prices but irving plaza is a terrible place for a show.

tom

Sweeeet.

oh...and...I think its sold out.

Not Jason

so, i'm coming into Port Authority tomorrow.  Any idea how far away that is?

Anyone know whether or not I'll be able to check my bag at the show?
I am the baseball.

mike

Quote from: Not Jason on August 03, 2006, 06:52:19 pm
so, i'm coming into Port Authority tomorrow.Ã,  Any idea how far away that is?

Anyone know whether or not I'll be able to check my bag at the show?

it's close.  like 20 blocks away.  and they have a coat check so if your bag's not too big i'm sure you can check that too.

Not Jason

It's just a messenger back with a change of clothes and a book in it.  I just wanted to be sure I wasn't going to get into a situation where I wouldn't be able to bring it in with me and there was no check.
I am the baseball.

Radionesiac

I'll be there with my brother  8)

Ianny

Quote from: Not Jason on August 03, 2006, 07:23:42 pm
It's just a messenger back with a change of clothes and a book in it.  I just wanted to be sure I wasn't going to get into a situation where I wouldn't be able to bring it in with me and there was no check.

If I remember correctly, you can check bags at Irving Plaza.  Hope to see everybody there!  I'll be bringing two buddies along, and I'll keep my eye out for familiar faces.

I also have two podcasts, one updated weekly, and one updated whenever I find the time.  The weekly one is Comic Timing and is found here.The other is "The Geekspeak Report" which is found here.

Not Jason

I got my hair cut not long ago, so i'm in classic-jason-mode.  look for me.

More than likely, I'll be wearing a Mae Shi shirt.
I am the baseball.

SickNick89

Yes, irving plaza does have a bag check. it's downstairs when you first walk into the venue. I'll be wearing a blue Rilo Kiley shirt.

~Nick

Jordan

ill be there! i think im wearing a brown shirt. (looks down) yeah, its brown.

-Jordan  :)
you're as cold as ice.

tom

I'll be that guy, except not dressed up, and probably wearing a phillies hat.

Ianny

I'll be in my black double donkey shirt.  I'm shaved, so I look like I always do:

Andy

screw all you guys! I wanted to go so bad, but it was sold out in no time!
And I tried. Believe me.
PIX!omg

mike

Quote from: Ianny on August 04, 2006, 12:40:45 pm
I'll be in my black double donkey shirt.Ã,  I'm shaved, so I look like I always do:

IAN WEARS THE SHIRT OF THE BAND HE'S GOING TO SEE!! LOL-LOPALOOZA!!!

brad

Ianny

Quote from: mike on August 04, 2006, 05:32:12 pm
Quote from: Ianny on August 04, 2006, 12:40:45 pm
I'll be in my black double donkey shirt.  I'm shaved, so I look like I always do:

IAN WEARS THE SHIRT OF THE BAND HE'S GOING TO SEE!! LOL-LOPALOOZA!!!

ZOMG WUT U SAY?????!?!!?!

And in all seriousness, they rocked tonight.  And I got myself another Ozma shirt, with their current boombox logo.  The Rentals were alright, but not really my kinda thing.  Actually didn't really enjoy them until the last four songs of their set, but Ozma was brilliant as always.

And next time, I should actually plan to meet people, as since it was a mad house I saw no one familiar.  Anybody happen to talk to somebody by the name of Krystina over by the couches?  If so, you met my friend, so technically you met me by proxy.

tom

That show was sick.
Ozma kicked ass, like Ianny said, as always.
I didnt know the venue was that big, and was expecting to bump into some people....but alas...I didn't.
We got their kinda late, and the floor was about 50% full when we got there, but I pushed my way up for ozma, fuck all the haters.
The Rentals were fuckin awesome too.
Ozma's "California" cover w/ Matt and Ms. Haden and the other chick from the Rentals was sweet.
Daniel coming out for their encore was awesome, I got some decent shots with my camera video phone...but none that I'd even attempt to share, cuz the quality is lame.
Sick night...I love all of you!

Jordan

so um... i got pwnd pretty badly last night. my friend left our tickets in the car which was all the way back at the train station where we live (about an hour and 20 min train trip). so we didnt get in. it sucked soooo much! she only realized she left them in my car once we were already in secaucus and there was no way we could go get them and come back in time, so we decided to continue to the city and just tell the will call window that they never sent our tickets. but yeah, that didnt work.

HOWEVER, while waiting for my friend who was inside trying to work something out with the ticket guy i saw rachel haden get off the rentals' bus. bad ass. then i saw jason walk in and i yelled "hey jason!" to him, haha. bad ass.

man, last night sucked royally. BUT my friend did buy me my first jamba juice which was delicious.

-Jordan :)
you're as cold as ice.