May 16, 2024, 11:16:30 am

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

if ozma had never broke up

Started by I like ozma, September 06, 2006, 10:38:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

I like ozma

do you think they would have made it " big" yet? any more albums yet?

lonely_hearts

no and maybe.
they weren't broken up for too long. but whatever i'm just glad they're back!

Fantastic Max

I've actually thought about that before. Like, they kind of faded out into nonexistence, some doing Yes Dear, Elected, solo, Acute, Gone with the Ghosts, whatever..and who knows, they might'a shot up if they hadnt'a done that.
As for a new album..not sure if thatd'a worked with Pat.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

beni

if they had never broke up they'd do metal jazz fusion mixed up with trance.

nerd reich

If ozma had never broke up, Star and Pat would be married. :o

Andy

no dats stoopid! she married piebald d00d before they broke'd. ka?

malcolm

i considor ozma to have "made it"
how havn't they ?

they're well known by most people with wide musical tastes
"A little while and I will be gone from among you, when I cannot tell. From nowhere we came, into nowhere we go. What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset." -- Crowfoot

I like ozma

well, what i had meant was would they had a video on "fuse" or "mtv2" at the least

Rome

Quote from: malcolm on October 04, 2006, 08:26:42 pm
how havn't they ?

unless you're in LA, chances are that the only people you know who like ozma are the people you yourself introduced to the band.

malcolm

Quote from: Rome on October 05, 2006, 08:14:49 pm
Quote from: malcolm on October 04, 2006, 08:26:42 pm
how havn't they ?

unless you're in LA, chances are that the only people you know who like ozma are the people you yourself introduced to the band.

not in my case, but i see what you mean
"A little while and I will be gone from among you, when I cannot tell. From nowhere we came, into nowhere we go. What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset." -- Crowfoot

tis not mike other

Colt45

Ozma and Creed breaking up were both tragic moments of 2004, but the short-lived Van Hagar reunion was probably the most tragic. Imagine THEY never broke up.
Senor Beavis! Donde Esta Tu Hall Pass?

tis not mike other

rockyoursocksoff

creed breaking up was probably the happiest moment of my life, second only to (crossing fingers) scott stapp getting cancer.

downtownw.brown

November 14, 2006, 08:01:20 am #14 Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 08:07:06 am by downtownw.brown
Quote from: rockyoursocksoff on November 14, 2006, 07:52:10 am
creed breaking up was probably the happiest moment of my life, second only to (crossing fingers) scott stapp getting cancer.

if scott stapp called my cell phone i would have a personal message set just specifically for him, informing him that i never want to talk to him ever again and he should immediately hurl himself from the highest precipice he can find.
is there a term besides "mexican" that you prefer, something less offensive?

rockyoursocksoff

Quote from: downtownw.brown on November 14, 2006, 08:01:20 am
Quote from: rockyoursocksoff on November 14, 2006, 07:52:10 am

i scott stapp called my cell phone i would have a personal message set just specifically for him, informing him that i never want to talk to him ever again and he should immediately hurl himself from the highest precipice he can find.

how'd you know what my answering machine said?

I like ozma

i would tell him hello. and to listen to ozma.

WhoYouCallinWeez

wishing death on him is so mature. why not just NOT listen to the creed and let the muscians go on there way.

Cheese

Just think, if Ozma had not broken up this thread wouldn't exist and people wouldn't have had the oppurtunity to make it into a Scott Stapp/Creed hating thread.  Wow, think about that.

Tri$tan

If Ozma never broke up maybe Surge! would still be around
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

downtownw.brown

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on November 14, 2006, 04:34:08 pm
wishing death on him is so mature. why not just NOT listen to the creed and let the muscians go on there way.

ok, to clear it up, i don't actually hope that scott stapp commits suicide. if he did, i wouldn't cry or anything, but it doesn't keep me awake at night. it's not just that creed's music blows, it's stapp's self important attitude...yuck.

ps. i kind of hope ozma never makes it onto FUSE or MTV even the college kind. i like them just how they iz.

I like ozma

i want them to have wealth though.

downtownw.brown

Quote from: I like ozma. on November 15, 2006, 08:17:33 am
i want them to have wealth though.

i guess we all want success for them...maybe it's selfish, but thinking about some 14 year old girl with a poster of jose or daniel right next to her fall out boy poster makes me feel like dirty rocks inside.

rockyoursocksoff

Quote from: downtownw.brown on November 15, 2006, 08:05:46 am
Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on November 14, 2006, 04:34:08 pm

ok, to clear it up, i don't actually hope that scott stapp commits suicide. if he did, i wouldn't cry or anything, but it doesn't keep me awake at night. it's not just that creed's music blows, it's stapp's self important attitude...yuck.

ps. i kind of hope ozma never makes it onto FUSE or MTV even the college kind. i like them just how they iz.

sigh... i don't not wish death on scott stapp. i just harbor an extreme aversion towards him. but let's focus on things we have in common. i don't think ozma would have made it big if they hadn't broken up. fabulous as they are, they aren't very marketable. but who cares? we know they rock, even if the world doesn't appreciate them.

WhoYouCallinWeez

honestly, i think they could make an MTV video and be big, but i like them the way they are. and yes a huge part of it is bc the "teeny bopper" crowd would kill it for me.

Rome

Quote from: Tristan on November 15, 2006, 05:43:05 am
If Ozma never broke up maybe Surge! would still be around

great. now this thread is going to be moved.

I like ozma

isnt it strange that a dead thread like this can be rejuvinated?

ShortyMac

I have no idea whether or not they would be big. In my opinion, I don't think so. I think they have the POTENTIAL to be big, but I'm not sure if it will happen. I'm also not sure I would want that to happen. I, too, would hate for some ridiculous teeny bopper to have an OZMA poster next to a Fall Out Boy poster! However, considering OZMA's most recent tour included many dates with teeny bopper sensations Hellogoodbye, I believe its possible. I would hate it, but I do wish them all the wealth and fame they could desire. As long as OZMA holds true to themselves, I'll always listen. Even if it means teeny boppers have to join the mix.
Punker For Life...
Or at least until my hearing goes out!

I like ozma

they went on tour with rooney when rooney was the teenybopper phase, kinda.

gloom-glaam

Quote from: ShortyMac on December 22, 2006, 02:33:01 pm
I have no idea whether or not they would be big. In my opinion, I don't think so. I think they have the POTENTIAL to be big, but I'm not sure if it will happen. I'm also not sure I would want that to happen. I, too, would hate for some ridiculous teeny bopper to have an OZMA poster next to a Fall Out Boy poster! However, considering OZMA's most recent tour included many dates with teeny bopper sensations Hellogoodbye, I believe its possible. I would hate it, but I do wish them all the wealth and fame they could desire. As long as OZMA holds true to themselves, I'll always listen. Even if it means teeny boppers have to join the mix.
I could have sworn I read this over a month ago.