April 29, 2024, 02:01:40 pm

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

kenn = ozma ?????

Started by brummel88, September 23, 2006, 02:23:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

brummel88

September 23, 2006, 02:23:13 am Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 02:24:54 am by brummel88
im not sure if i share the same opinion with anyone, but the way i see it,
kenn = ozma just like how don henley = the eagles.

i mean, the moment i hear kenn singing backups in "i wonder" and "fight the darkness," i tell myself he can write vocal harmonies better than anyone else in the band, and vocal harmonies are the future of the band, so... kenn is the new heart and soul of ozma.Ã,  when i hear daniel singing alone in straight flush... it just doesn't have the same effect on me.Ã,  i wish kenn would stop playing perfect drum rolls (like the ones in "fight the darkness") and spend more time on the mic, like he used to when he was ripping shit up in addison.Ã,  plus, he's the only one in the band who didn't grow up in southern california, and we all know illinoians are much better at... well... just keepin it real.

but, that's just the opinion of one member.
"When we think of ourselves, we are simply the victims of a delusion." - Aleister Crowley

Not Jason

Bullshit, everybody knows that Katherine = Ozma.  I won't hear any argument to the contrary.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

jvstin

both of you are wrong

their not ozma anymore lol
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

The Other Mike

blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

tom

September 23, 2006, 06:52:34 am #4 Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 06:55:13 am by tom
I think Kenn stole Dan's account.

PS - just because he spells his name with an extra 'N' doesnt mean that hes cool!

(of course I'm kidding, don't want people getting all retahded on me).

Cheese

///

tis not mike other

claydarcy

kitten

I like ozma

Not Jason

Quote from: I like ozma. on September 23, 2006, 12:47:46 pm
snapple=turnips

No no, go on, tell Dan what you really think.  He'll be sure to read it in this thread, so go on.
I am the baseball.

I like ozma

i think i love kenn and i cant wait until he sings lead! like omgz!!

jvstin

i think i'm beginning to see now... you love ozma too much to let them let kenn sing.

Not Jason

Why are you even counting yourself as a fan at this point? Ã, I haven't heard you say a single positive thing since these demos got posted. Ã, Your hatred of Kenn is utterly puzzling to me. Ã, I met Pat several times and he was a cool guy when I first met him (he even gave me free merch), but towards the end, not only was his drumming increasingly "boom bap"ish, but he'd apparently lost all interrest in being in the band or touring or being social with fans at shows, etc. Ã, Having met Ken once, he's definitely an upgrade over late-running pat. Ã, I can't see any argument to the contrary. Ã, He's a more energetic drummer than Pat was becoming towards the end of his run in Ozma, and he's way more excited to be in the band. Ã, I think those things are important.
I am the baseball.

I like ozma

ok, in all seriousness. i like kenn shane, i met him at the reunion concert and he was probably the nicest member that night. and i like his style of drumming. i dont have any real grudges against him other than i am afraid he will change ozma TOO much, and if you guys have a problem with that, then you can go... do something that would be frowned upon

Zombie Don Ho

Quote from: Single ovary of one flower on September 23, 2006, 11:43:10 am
=ozma

Tip = Ozma.

Has anyone ever read that 'The Land of Oz' book? Princess Ozma goes on a delightfully weird gender-bending adventure! To keep her in hiding, Mombi the witch curses her with a  PENIS   and calls her Tip. Hijinks ensue, but Mombi eventually gets forced to magically lop off Tip's, uh, tip... so Ozma can resume the throne.

not even kidding!

hipsun

Quote from: I like ozma. on September 23, 2006, 01:08:35 pm
ok, in all seriousness. i like kenn shane, i met him at the reunion concert and he was probably the nicest member that night. and i like his style of drumming. i dont have any real grudges against him other than i am afraid he will change ozma TOO much, and if you guys have a problem with that, then you can go... do something that would be frowned upon

kenn is an asset. he is a great guitar player, singer, songwriter, and drummer. don't be afraid of good things. next thing you know, he'll be the one writing "not real ozma" songs.

I like ozma

why did daniel refer to himself in the third person?

butterfly

all the stuffs goin about in this forum is funny.
first there's thread about how boring the songs turned out, then about who's the better songwriter, now this...

i have this feeling that what ive been reading is gonna be true and this 'ozma=greatness' is no longer true...
but i'll keep supporting the band though. just that they're no longer in my top band's list.

anyway...move along. anyone here wanna share or let know their own personal new favourite band?

Fantastic Max

"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Colt45

Senor Beavis! Donde Esta Tu Hall Pass?

noonchild

Quote from: Colt45 on September 27, 2006, 03:17:04 pm
new stuff = okay

Quote from: Colt45 on September 18, 2006, 11:58:49 pm

Members of Ozma if you read this you can say what you will about me, but honestly these songs suck.
The light cast dark shadows all around me

jvstin

brad

perhaps the songs grew on him.  hearing a new song for the first time from a band you've listened to a while can have weird effects.  many songs you won't like on the first listen, cause it's not what you are used to.  it took me a good number of listens to get adjusted to the new songs, and i love 4 out of 5 of them, many of which i didn't like on the first listen or two.

jvstin

Quote from: brad on September 27, 2006, 04:07:21 pm
perhaps the songs grew on him.Ã,  hearing a new song for the first time from a band you've listened to a while can have weird effects.Ã,  many songs you won't like on the first listen, cause it's not what you are used to.Ã,  it took me a good number of listens to get adjusted to the new songs, and i love 4 out of 5 of them, many of which i didn't like on the first listen or two.
right, and that's why he wrote out that overlong letter of hate to ozma.

Colt45

i think Fight The Darkness is okay. I think Straight Flush is pretty boring. I wonder is better than both.

I wrote that post before I Wonder and Fight the Darkness.

And i still didn't say this new stuff is good or worth going banana's over. It's simply, "okay."

I'd still rather listen to the new John Mayer. And I never thought I prefer John Mayer to Ozma but at least the new John Mayer has focus.

But yeah, I Wonder is pretty good.
Senor Beavis! Donde Esta Tu Hall Pass?

brad

you're being way to harsh on ozma then.Ã,  john mayer has focus on his new stuff, because that is an ALBUM.Ã,  these are a bunch of random DEMOS ozma is recording, without any final project, or direction in mind.Ã,  they may not seem coherent together, but this isn't an album yet.Ã,  i bet you half these songs don't make it to an album.

FireAarro

Yeah, or even the album after the next album (if they both come). It's happened before...
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Fantastic Max

I'm tellin you....D song, baby.

Gotsta be there.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips