Ryen of course
Daniel fo sho
Jose is da bomb
Star is out of this world
kenn...
I still love pat the best

I like ozma

Cheese

Very interesting.  I voted for Daniel because of what he bings to the table musically.  Also, he was so damn polite when I met him.  Actually I met all of them except Pat and almost all of them were extremely nice.  Ryen was pretty much the opposite.  So, yeah.

WhoYouCallinWeez

i met Ryen, Star, Kenn, Jose at Gypsy Tea Room in Dallas. Ryen was really nice and polite even when i asked the "new album?" question.

brad

they're all pretty polite.  i gave ryen a piece of gum at irving plaza.

Mikerton

i shook ryen's hand too hard in d.c.

(go brummel!)
"I hope everything works out for you.. if not there are other asians in the sea"

I like ozma

every time ive talked to daniel he always seems negative, and ryen is always optimistic, and if in your cases it is opposite then please share, but in mine ryen is always thankful for imput and optimistic about the future. even right before they broke up at the wiltern, ryen said that there might be a possibility for some recording soon even though daniel was moving to new york. and daniel on the other hand is always saying that someone in the band didnt want to do something that he wanted to do, etc...

jvstin

October 17, 2006, 11:11:48 am #6 Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 11:13:13 am by ^_^
daniel's a warm and friendly guy as far as i can tell.Ã,  he's very approachable and i don't regret talking to him (the few times that i have). he's also my favorite bassist ever because i've never heard any other bassist that was as vital to the music/songs as daniel brummel. he can also throw around some pretty awesome bass licks.

but i voted for ryen. he's a badass. sure, he's a little awkward to talk to, but, i can relate to that... and the awkwardness is probably my fault anyway. i talked to him for a bit about guitar related stuff (the double-pull-off technique or 'kindergarten tapping' he does live) and he seemed pretty cool about it.

i've only really met those two. star's really nice but i'm scared of her because she's uber pretty and jose is always surrounded by a bunch of people (although he gets points for playing three rounds of street fighter 2 with me a few years ago).
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

I like ozma

October 17, 2006, 02:01:54 pm #7 Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 02:03:40 pm by I like ozma.
Quote from: ^_^ on October 17, 2006, 11:11:48 am
daniel's a warm and friendly guy as far as i can tell.Ã,  he's very approachable and i don't regret talking to him (the few times that i have). he's also my favorite bassist ever because i've never heard any other bassist that was as vital to the music/songs as daniel brummel. he can also throw around some pretty awesome bass licks.

but i voted for ryen. he's a badass. sure, he's a little awkward to talk to, but, i can relate to that... and the awkwardness is probably my fault anyway. i talked to him for a bit about guitar related stuff (the double-pull-off technique or 'kindergarten tapping' he does live) and he seemed pretty cool about it.

i've only really met those two. star's really nice but i'm scared of her because she's uber pretty and jose is always surrounded by a bunch of people (although he gets points for playing three rounds of street fighter 2 with me a few years ago).

so you've never heard of paul mccartney?

jvstin

Quote from: I like ozma. on October 17, 2006, 02:01:54 pm
Quote from: ^_^ on October 17, 2006, 11:11:48 am

so you've never heard of paul mccartney?
that was, of course, my opinion.

it'd be pretty pointless to argue.

Not Jason

October 17, 2006, 02:39:03 pm #9 Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 02:41:47 pm by Not Jason
Negatively judging band members' personalities based on a few run ins at shows always sort of rubs me the wrong way.Ã,  As far as I can tell, they are all cool people.Ã,  Has every person you've ever met given you an accurate first impression?Ã,  They certainly haven't in my life.Ã,  I imagine it would be extra hard in a tour situation to keep up the enthusiasm.Ã,  Then again, what do I know?

Dan's always been my bigger musical influence and the one I've talked to the most, but they all seem really cool.Ã,  I voted for Ken, but only to piss off I LIke Ozma and to offset the anti-kenn bias*.  Otherwise, I wouldn't want to pick between them.

*of course he's going to be rated lowest, nobody knows who he is.  One of many reasons why I dislike this thread.  We know that a majority of the band reads this board, so it's kind of a retarded popularity contest.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

CT-700

October 17, 2006, 02:42:48 pm #10 Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 02:44:44 pm by CT-700
Quote from: ^_^ on October 17, 2006, 02:27:48 pmthe double-pull-off technique or 'kindergarten tapping' he does live) and he seemed pretty cool about it.

Whats "kindergarten tapping?" I am not trying to be rude, I just really don't know what that is.

So I guess there aren't any diehard Kenn fans yet. I thought atleast some Addison fans that have got into Ozma when he joined would of made it on to these boards.

Also I am sill a little disapointed no one commented on my post in the 3/12/06 Reunion Thread.

jvstin

October 17, 2006, 03:03:07 pm #11 Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 03:58:59 pm by ^_^
Quote from: CT-700 on October 17, 2006, 02:42:48 pm
Quote from: ^_^ on October 17, 2006, 02:27:48 pmthe double-pull-off technique or 'kindergarten tapping' he does live) and he seemed pretty cool about it.

Whats "kindergarten tapping?" I am not trying to be rude, I just really don't know what that is.

So I guess there aren't any diehard Kenn fans yet. I thought atleast some Addison fans that have got into Ozma when he joined would of made it on to these boards.

Also I am sill a little disapointed no one commented on my post in the 3/12/06 Reunion Thread.
"kindergarten tapping" is very minimal tapping because you don't really know where else to go after you're done with combining that particular technique with a trill (in a guitar solo).

what ryen does is a little different. he bars (however many steps are required) frets/a particular string on the fret above his fret hand with his picking hand so that he could do a series of fast pull offs instead of actually tapping while still achieving the sound. it just looks cooler. his reasoning was that people seeing you tap expect you to do crazy shit, so, he just does the thing i just mentioned. you can catch him doing it in some youtube videos if my explanation is too confusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHQTg9dtuBg
you could see him do it in the little guitar lick (around 2:27 in)

tis not mike other

Quote from: Not Jason on October 17, 2006, 02:39:03 pm
Negatively judging band members' personalities based on a few run ins at shows always sort of rubs me the wrong way.  As far as I can tell, they are all cool people.  Has every person you've ever met given you an accurate first impression?  They certainly haven't in my life.  I imagine it would be extra hard in a tour situation to keep up the enthusiasm.  Then again, what do I know?

Dan's always been my bigger musical influence and the one I've talked to the most, but they all seem really cool.  I voted for Ken, but only to piss off I LIke Ozma and to offset the anti-kenn bias*.  Otherwise, I wouldn't want to pick between them.

*of course he's going to be rated lowest, nobody knows who he is.  One of many reasons why I dislike this thread.  We know that a majority of the band reads this board, so it's kind of a retarded popularity contest.
Not only is Ken new but he is the drumer. I know he adds some harmony and possibly helps write in songs but as far as I know he has not written a song yet for ozma yet. Usualy, in this kind of music the song writers are usualy the favorite.  So I dont think he would have got that may votes, anyways, seeing that most of us like ozma more than addison.

CT-700

Quote from: ^_^ on October 17, 2006, 03:03:07 pm
"kindergarten tapping" is very minimal tapping because you don't really know where else to go after you're done with combining that particular technique with a trill (in a guitar solo).

what ryen does is a little different. he bars (however many steps are required) frets/a particular string on the fret above his fret hand with his picking hand so that he could do a series of fast pull offs instead of actually tapping while still achieving the sound. it just looks cooler. his reasoning was that people seeing you tap expect you to do crazy shit, so, he just does the thing i just mentioned. you can catch him doing it in some youtube videos if my explanation is too confusing.

Oh ok, I kinda thought thats what it was because I have seen many people to that before, I just never knew what its name was. Pretty cool.

funwithsponges

Quote from: Not Jason on October 17, 2006, 02:39:03 pm
One of many reasons why I dislike this thread.  We know that a majority of the band reads this board, so it's kind of a retarded popularity contest.

If a thread like this actually causes a rift among Ozma members, then we all have more important things to worry about than this actual thread.

jvstin

Quote from: CT-700 on October 17, 2006, 04:34:17 pm
Quote from: ^_^ on October 17, 2006, 03:03:07 pm

Oh ok, I kinda thought thats what it was because I have seen many people to that before, I just never knew what its name was. Pretty cool.
i'm actually not really sure if it has an official name. we were sort of joking around.

makes sense though, right?

CT-700

Oh yeah it makes perfect sense, thanks alot.

Not Jason

The guitar player in my old band used to do that from time to time.  It's a fun little showy technique, but I'd hesitate to say it's very practical.  Still worth doing though, don't get me wrong.

I am not worried about this thread causing a rift between ozma members, but I do think it's a bit of a retarded popularity contest.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

WhoYouCallinWeez

im sure its just an exscuse to do a poll. just like the contraband sound mind poll

tis not mike other

Quote from: I like ozma. on October 17, 2006, 09:50:55 am
every time ive talked to daniel he always seems negative, and ryen is always optimistic, and if in your cases it is opposite then please share, but in mine ryen is always thankful for imput and optimistic about the future. even right before they broke up at the wiltern, ryen said that there might be a possibility for some recording soon even though daniel was moving to new york. and daniel on the other hand is always saying that someone in the band didnt want to do something that he wanted to do, etc...
The times I saw him, he seemed happy and pumped to me. Also ozma really did break up soon after he said that, being a realistic person some times inloves telling negitive truths, it dosent make you a negitive person. However, I did not see him all the times that you have. I cant juge him by the few times I seen him.

I like ozma

yeah its just an excuse to have a topic, and i figured it hadnt been done before.

I like ozma

i only talked to pat once for like 10 seconds, what was he like?

kitten

pat is a cool cool dude.  he's very nice.  unless he's pissed.  he cooked omelets for kristopher and i once.  except eggs are gross so i didn't eat any.

I like ozma

yeah, i dont like eggs either, unless they are scrambled and have tabasco sauce on them

heysarahsarah

Why does Kenn have ... at the end?  Kenn is awesome. 

And I have never thought of Dan as negative, I think just kind of overly critical of himself.  He seems to have quite a bit of perfectionist going on.  I don't think it makes him less of a cool guy because he really cares about making his music as good as possible.  Hell, that's part of the reason I'm a fan of the band.

Also, in my humble opinion, I find it lame to be making rash judgements about people's characters based off 5 minute conversations with someone after a show.

/.02
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

noonchild

Me, Pat, and some others toked the owl in the back of a ford expedition.  Pretty cool guy, genuine for sure, not afraid to voice his opinion about anything.  Sarcastic to, but in the end, very relax and cool.
The light cast dark shadows all around me

I like ozma

i find it interesting that pat has more votes than star

bulb dylan

This is pretty uninteresting.

ozmadic

i saw pat at a secret machines show last tuesday...o and also the drummer from foo fighters..idk his name...pats tight

I like ozma