April 29, 2024, 02:12:23 pm

News:

Don't smoke m3th!

curiosity

Started by WhoYouCallinWeez, November 08, 2006, 10:20:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gloom-glaam

Nerf Herder's Mr. Spock is both an awesome song and video!

WhoYouCallinWeez

Quotehere is a description of "bowling for soup"s new album

The sixth album from the Texas band with the mildly funny songs is shamelessly bright  :opower-pop  :opunk. But between the we're-happy-to-be-happy "I'm Gay" and the laudatory "Val Kilmer," the dozens of not really clever jokes about crazy girls and John Mellencamp, and whined harmonies and chug-a-chug guitars that blend together, the songs wear out their charm with a quickness.

heres my thing with pop-punk. i used to LOVE it, i didnt care how "teeny-boopery" it was, i LOVEEEDDDDDD me some NFG, Blink, Good Charolette, then one day, BAM i woke up and just said WTF?? i sold it all or gave it away, sans the NFG, i still have it but wont listen to it or sell it, dunno why. and ive seen BFS 2 times, they open for Less Than Jake, the first show i ever saw, and Reel Big Fish a few months later, and i cant stand them. There even from around here-ish, HERE being Dallas. Well there from OK. but got there break in the Dallas scene i believe. But yes, when i didn't wanna listen to the Weez but wanted the Pop rock my soul craved, in went the NFG.

gloom-glaam

I was the same NFG-wise, ooo that feels good to finally get off my chest.

I like ozma

The needle on my record player has been wearing thin, this record has been playing since the day you've been with him.

i still love that song

gloom-glaam

Forget My Name was always my favorite.

Ozma.

kitten

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on November 18, 2006, 08:49:44 am

HERE being Dallas.

Who are you?!?!  It's driving me up the wall.

WhoYouCallinWeez

LOL what do you mean WHO am i? and how is it driving you up the wall??
my name is Daniel, i live in Dallas.

i got your email but didnt respond, it was after all that Ashlee Simpsons virus bs that happened, so i dindt say anything for fear of it ruining my computer.

were you at the Ozma/Rentals show or something?

the other jason

Didnt you know, there are no "lol's" allowed here!!!!!!

ozma. not.

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on November 13, 2006, 04:35:32 pm
well, yes, ozma is the only current powerpop band working. if someone knows of ANY other powerpop bands right now, please name one. weezer/the rentals i assume is all that is left of the genre

the dualies.  synths, female vocals, guitar solos, etc.  definitely in the vein of weezer/ozma:

http://www.myspace.com/thedualies

tom

Quote from: jack bee nimble on May 13, 2007, 03:53:32 pm
well, yes, ozma is the only current powerpop band working. if someone knows of ANY other powerpop bands right now, please name one. weezer/the rentals i assume is all that is left of the genre

the dualies.  synths, female vocals, guitar solos, etc.  definitely in the vein of weezer/ozma:

Wow, now that band WANTS to sound like The Rentals.

Actually the first song sounds very Superdrag-ish to me.

jvstin

"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

FireAarro

Quote from: jack bee nimble on May 13, 2007, 03:53:32 pm

You're in that band, aren't you? 1 post, resurrect a thread from november last year..
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

gloom-glaam

May 15, 2007, 05:06:35 pm #42 Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 01:44:23 pm by CantelopeSkiz
Not to mention it was a shameless plug in response to a statement that was so incredibly and clearly false.

Martha Gail

Did they add you guys on myspace?  No offense there, Dualies, but you got the deny.
That's Cobra on Cobra action.

antiuser

I can't explain the lack of Teenage Fanclub on this thread.

bulb dylan

Quote from: antiuser on May 16, 2007, 11:01:34 am
I can't explain the lack of Teenage Fanclub on this thread.

quoted. PS you must come to my show in Portland.

Fantastic Max

Wait..why was this thread revived again?
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Oatmeal

Quote from: ozma. not. on May 13, 2007, 03:53:32 pm

Becuase of this spamer from the dulies band
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

jvstin

Quote from: Martha Gail on May 16, 2007, 10:42:51 am
Did they add you guys on myspace?  No offense there, Dualies, but you got the deny.
ditto. but i'll be less cordial: the dualies kind of suck.

lol at "the powerpop community needs us!" (or something to that effect)

supsup

Quote from: Bob Loblaw on May 17, 2007, 05:57:53 pm

that's funny cause i can see that will smith in yer avatar supports the dualies. my man right here's tryna get mopped

jvstin

Quote from: supsup on June 11, 2007, 04:02:13 pm
Quote from: Bob Loblaw on May 17, 2007, 05:57:53 pm

that's funny cause i can see that will smith in yer avatar supports the dualies. my man right here's tryna get mopped
as if there wasn't enough reason to NOT listen to the dualies...