April 29, 2024, 01:11:57 pm

News:

If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

Daniel on "the Good Life"?

Started by CT-700, January 05, 2007, 07:54:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CT-700

January 05, 2007, 07:54:42 pm Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 08:21:44 pm by CT-700
I realize it is very un-trust worthy source but I thought this was interesting:

"In the crowd on the cover photo is a very young Daniel Brummel, of the band Ozma"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Good_Life_-_OZ_EP

Any thoughts?

amish

You posted a mailto: link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Good_Life_-_OZ_EP

is the link you wanted. Regarding your question, I have no idea. Maybe he'll see this the next time he's on and let us know himself.

CT-700

Yeah thanks, I must of clicked the wrong hyperlink button. I'll fix it.

WhoYouCallinWeez

January 05, 2007, 08:39:27 pm #3 Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 08:40:33 pm by WhoYouCallinWeez
considering Karl from weezer.com said its Daniel, years ago, then yes, its Daniel.

I like ozma

Elliott

January 05, 2007, 10:14:05 pm #5 Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 10:33:26 pm by Oatmeal
Quote"The OZ EP also has two things worth noting about its packaging. On the cover, the bright blonde haired kid on the upper right is actually Daniel Brummel, bassist and lead singer of the now defunct band Ozma that toured with Weezer on the 2001 Yahoo! Outloud Tour. Also, the inside packaging featured an x-ray of Rivers' leg operation to correct the fact that he was born with his left leg was 44 mm shorter than the other."
http://everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1681641

Quotewacky trivia: a VERY young Daniel Brummel [now of Ozma] is in the audience photo, hes the light blonde haired dude in upper right.
http://www.weezer.com/info/tunes/index02.html

Acording to this I'm gussing its him:

(click on it for a bigger picture)

Wow, this is funny and awesome at the same time. :heh:

http://www.weezernation.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?p=1331910&highlight=&sid=2e6c89e82a9804d90c71e1a3ddb93b14

Not Jason

There was a thread about this a few years ago.  Daniel confirmed it.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

CT-700

Cool. Sorry Weez I didn't realize it was confirmed by Karl on the .com.

WhoYouCallinWeez

Quotewhich one is he?

i dont know what u mean by that question. But hes always run .com , rebel weezer alliance before that. he does all the documentary type stuff for the band, all the photos, he pretty much single handedly put the dvd together. and he more than likely took the photo for the good life single.

CT-700

Weez I think ILikeOzma meant "which one is Daniel?" as opposed to "which one is Karl?" because that was before Oatmeal posted that pic of Dan circled.

I like ozma

yeah i meant which person in the photo was daniel.

WhoYouCallinWeez

why oh why didnt i buy that EP when they started re-pressing it a few years go? ive actually found the Buddy Holly, Undone, El Scorcho and yes even the Pink Triangle promo-single that was only sent to radio stations. ive heard it goes for over $60 on ebay, i got it for $2 mint condition. woohoo!

Rome

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on January 06, 2007, 11:49:51 am
why oh why didnt i buy that EP when they started re-pressing it a few years go? ive actually found the Buddy Holly, Undone, El Scorcho and yes even the Pink Triangle promo-single that was only sent to radio stations. ive heard it goes for over $60 on ebay, i got it for $2 mint condition. woohoo!

well I have a hear you me mykel and carli t-shirt.  :P

I like ozma

gloom-glaam

Who cares how much he can sell it for?

funwithsponges

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on January 06, 2007, 11:49:51 am

Aussie or UK Undone?

WhoYouCallinWeez

January 06, 2007, 09:10:39 pm #16 Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 09:13:36 pm by WhoYouCallinWeez
Quotewell I have a hear you me mykel and carli t-shirt.

wow! jealous. how did u get it? i would rather have the album thou to be honest.

QuoteAussie or UK Undone?

im really bad with were the singles are from. It has :
1. Undone [LP version]
2. Mykel and Carli
3. Suzanne
4. Holiday [LP version]

and oh yes, i also hate that i had the Undone [radio edit] single with only that song on it in my hands, for $1.99 a few years back and scoffed at it, cuz it had no b-sides. now that im a singles collector, i kick myself for that. thou i did get the dope nose  radio promo single for .99, not that that matters ARGH.

I like ozma

well i have a third edition holographic dragonite

funwithsponges

Aussie version had Sweet Adeline instead of Holiday.  From what I recall of weezer.com, it was significantly rarer than the UK version.  But that is still cool, I was just curious.

Not Jason

I very very nearly had a pair of super limited edition Weezer socks.  When they first started up the email mailing list, they automatically entered anyone who signed up for a drawing.  The first drawing was for said Weezer socks.  They were blue toe socks with a flying W on them.  They thought they had 20 pair, so they drew twenty winners and notified them.  Upon recounting, they found that they had twenty socks, which any mathematician can tell you equals ten pair.  Apparently, mine was one of the latter ten names drawn, so I got a consolation prize which was an autographed silkscreened tour poster.  Though I was equally excited about the poster at the time, I wish I'd have gotten the socks.  I bet those would rake in some serious cash on eBay.  I was THIS close, damnit.
I am the baseball.

WhoYouCallinWeez

QuoteAussie version had Sweet Adeline instead of Holiday.

ah, understood. i was under the impression that Sweet Adeline was the Say It Ain't So b-side. im sure it is, but i guess that they can switch b-sides. what were the other SIAS b's? the Jamie/No One Else acoustics?

Not Jason

Quote from: WhoYouCallinWeez on January 06, 2007, 09:10:39 pm
Quotewell I have a hear you me mykel and carli t-shirt.

wow! jealous. how did u get it? i would rather have the album thou to be honest.

This is just speculation.  He probably got it from Weezer's online mailorder site back in around 2000.  When they first came back, I remember that was one of the items they were listing, at the time it seemed to me like undesirable hold over stock, so I didn't even consider ordering it.  In hindsight, I probably would have bought like fourteen of them.  Sort of like that one and a half year block of time where I didn't order "songs of audible trucks and cars" under the assumption that MP3.com CDs were worthless.  I'm kind of an idiot.
I am the baseball.

The Other Mike

I have Undone on blue vinyl in great condition. If any of you weez collectors are interested in buying it, let me know.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

WhoYouCallinWeez

i might be interested. is anyone interested in selling there Say It Aint So singles? i know i could get it off ebay but i'd rather not use ebay.

tom

Gabe (theredalbum) played foozball with rivers.
don't think anyone can top that.

kitten

Not Jason

Quote from: tom on January 08, 2007, 11:47:45 am

I think Daniel (brummel88) toured with him a few times.
I am the baseball.

The Other Mike

I could have played foosball with him, but I suck at foosball so I didn't.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

WhoYouCallinWeez

my freind met him and got him to autograph his [Rivers] Harvard id, and gave it to him. my friend then tried to sell it on the .com boards, and rolling stone printed an article about it.

anyone selling there SIAS single? im willing to pay a lil bit for it, message me for more info

tom

Quote from: Not Jason on January 08, 2007, 12:46:00 pm

I think Daniel (brummel88) toured with him a few times.
Really?  I didn't know Phantom Planet and Weezer toured together...