April 29, 2024, 11:06:44 am

News:

Maxwell T: @AmishJoe wait are you Jason

New Pasadena Photo Shoot video

Started by CT-700, March 18, 2007, 10:08:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CT-700

Yeah its reminiscent of those more synth-heavy aggressive Yes Dear tracks like "Ready To Go" or "Waking the Dead", but it still has the Ozma styling to it with the awesome guitars.

I Like Ozma

it is kind of odd that they put barriers on the album despite no one liking the demo, yet not putting into light even though it was pretty much liked by most of the fans.
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

Not Jason

Quote from: Thomas J. on March 19, 2007, 06:17:17 pm
it is kind of odd that they put barriers on the album despite no one liking the demo, yet not putting into light even though it was pretty much liked by most of the fans.

This forum is a very small sampling of the demographic they're hoping to appeal to.  And to be fair, a lot of the people who are posting in these threads are guaranteed sales anyway, so it really doesn't matter.  I'm sure it was mostly a case of their personal opinions of the songs differing from those on the forum.  Some of my favorite songs of all time are B-sides, so I don't think to question it.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

Kyosho

Man, I've listened to this (and the Kate Moss Medley) many times now, and I'm dying to hear the full version of Heartache Vs. Heartbreak. Ahhhhhh!
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Thomas J. on March 19, 2007, 06:17:17 pm
Maybe Into Light's titled something else now? Just a thought.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

SickNick89

What was the live song that leaked that had a line about "clocktowers"? did that make the final cut?

hipsun

March 20, 2007, 08:51:46 am #36 Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 08:54:52 am by hipsun
the fan preference of into light over barriers was nowhere near as unanimous as some boardies might suggest.

into light does not have a new title.

barriers has had a bit of a makeover, so don't be hating on it just yet. a new bridge, faster tempo, some new lyrics.

the clocktowers song is motorology.

tom

God Damn heartache sounds so good. Did Rachel Haden harmonize on that? It sure sounds like her as the third voice in the vocal harmony.

I Like Ozma

Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

CT-700

Its funny, if you search "ozma pasadena" on google this is about the fourth thing that comes up:

http://www.vastrecords.com/ozma.html

Tri$tan

the first guitar (synth?) lick of "heartache" kind of sounds like the beginning of "Ice Cap Zone" from sonic 3.
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

Not Jason

Quote from: CT-700 on March 20, 2007, 05:43:19 pm
Its funny, if you search "ozma pasadena" on google this is about the fourth thing that comes up:

wow, that's old.
I am the baseball.

Seb

Whoa. I can't believe No One Needs To Know has been redone... hope it turns out alright, since it's long been one of my very favourites. Eponine is a bit out of left-field, though - I mean, NONTK was on a slightly more obscure album, but re-doing a song from STOTB is a bit strange. Could come off, though.

Very excited about this now, though. Also very pleased that the stonkingly brilliant Straight Flush is the last track...
"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

gloom-glaam

If they were to redo any song, my choice would be Los Angeles. Though, I understand why they wouldn't do that.

What song(s) do you guys think Matthew Caws will be on? My guess is Motorology 3:39.

CT-700

Incarnation Blues or Lunchbreak, because those are the ones we haven't heard yet.

Jeff42

According to Ozma's MySpace blog, one of the songs included in the video is "Incarnation Blues."  I assume that's the part in between "Motorology" and "Heartache."  The Matthew Caws song can be heard in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IJZYheM8oE.  It doesn't sound like any of the songs I know.

CT-700

Ahh gotcha, I didn't see that before. I had assumed that Motorology and the segment I thought was Incarnation Blues, were both together Motorology.

Джесси

Quote from: CantelopeSkiz on March 23, 2007, 05:57:30 pm
What song(s) do you guys think Matthew Caws will be on? My guess is Motorology 3:39.

Yes, I certainly agree. If you watch the video of him recording with Ozma, you can hear the same melody that's featured on "Motorology," except the tone is certainly different.
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

gloom-glaam

Yeah, I can clearly hear the part where Dan would start singing "I'm still dreaming of clock towers and..." in it.

shinjury

yay! I hear some female vocals!

and the first song (Motorology?) sounds sooo nice.

Tri$tan

we were talking to Jose in a chatroom last week about the new stuff and he was pretty cool but I have one thing to say to all you guys.

t h r e e stan3 (1:17:25 AM): ok. so. more questions. why "no one needs to know"
Ridelguy (1:18:00 AM): we made it ska
Ridelguy (1:18:04 AM): and it sounds a million times better

<3
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

Not Jason

Quote from: Tristan on March 25, 2007, 06:36:41 am
we were talking to Jose in a chatroom last week about the new stuff and he was pretty cool but I have one thing to say to all you guys.

t h r e e stan3 (1:17:25 AM): ok. so. more questions. why "no one needs to know"
Ridelguy (1:18:00 AM): we made it ska
Ridelguy (1:18:04 AM): and it sounds a million times better

<3

you realize that's not true, right?
I am the baseball.

Kyosho

March 25, 2007, 07:24:54 pm #52 Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 11:40:52 pm by Kyosho
Normally I wouldn't post something like this, but I feel the need so people don't think they've turned it into ska. This was from a few days ago while talking to Daniel.

Edit: Aaaand I've decided to remove it. I'm just not comfortable posting things like this without his permission. But those of you who saw it know, so, yeah, not ska from what it seems.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

funwithsponges

FireAarro

Ozma swear all the time, especially at reunion shows.

no ska :( skaskaska
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Not Jason

I didn't see whatever you posted, but I mean, it seems really obvious.  Ozma isn't going to make a ska song.  I assumed Stan knew this, but I was having my doubts.
I am the baseball.

Tri$tan

what I can't have some fun with the newbies?

Zombie Don Ho

i saw it:

Dan says it's a little different but not a lot different, and that the keyboard/guitar solo sounds dope now.

SHOCKER!!!! PERSONAL INFO REVEALED!!

Kyosho

It wasn't anything big. I'm not saying it was. It wasn't revealing or anything. It was just.. It felt wrong posting something he said without permission. No big deal.

Quote from: Not Jason on March 20, 2007, 07:37:18 pm
Quote from: CT-700 on March 20, 2007, 05:43:19 pm

wow, that's old.

are we sure Pat's not back in the band?