May 16, 2024, 09:37:41 am

News:

If you can read this, Samuel is still a ph@gg0t

Underneath My Imaginary D-Wheels Tree

Started by Fantastic Max, May 06, 2007, 12:30:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fantastic Max

May 06, 2007, 12:30:22 am Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 12:31:42 am by Fantastic Max
Couple years ago when Ryen wrote "Imaginary Wheels" for Yes Dear, the chorus sounded a helluva lot like D-Song to me, so I went and posted my thoughts on the issue, yet nobody agreed, or deemed it a "stretch", so now after all this time, I made a mashup of the new "Underneath My Tree" and "Imaginary Wheels" and I think it sounds good, similar stuff. Same chords and all, for the most part.

Anyways, I entitled the little clip "Underneath My Imaginary D-Wheels Tree"....
Enjoy:

http://www.filefreak.com/pfiles/10989/Underneath%20My%20Imaginary%20D-Wheels%20Tree.mp3
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

danorganplayer

Can u link me to Imaginary wheels..Ive never heard that song..

tom

Sandguy

interesting... on a semi-related note. i remember the first time i heard motorology at the reunion show, i got a domino effect vibe from the first part of the verses... until it turned minor.

Fantastic Max

-Donkey Lips

I Like Ozma

the underneath my tree melody seems a little more complicated whereas imaginary wheels is fairly simple and is over faster. where it cuts off and they say the "shadows underneath my tree" or whatever seems like it would be the "flying through the air..." but they are at different parts
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

CT-700

I love it. All the different harmonies produce an very ethereal experience.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: CT-700 on May 06, 2007, 07:05:23 pm
I love it. All the different harmonies produce an very ethereal experience.

Haha yeah, I bet if I had spent more time on matching up the tempos it'd sound even cooler.
-Donkey Lips

machatte

I know you probably have a way to find these if you want, but since the conversation is about the song I'll put the lyrics up.
When ozma broke up Jose wanted to record D-Song with Yes Dear - I ended up making a new song out of that basic melody which turned into IW.

Everywhere I go
Canââ,¬â,,¢t help but look below
Thousands of others
Boxes on wheels
People dressed up in steel

Tireless, precise
Aerodynamic lives
Success is in getting to fly
To somewhere you used to drive

We speed past the props
The bars and shops
So easy to pretend
The world will never end
Although, you never know

Drive
Rolling on imaginary wheels
Flying through the air
You never feel the road
You used to know

The signs too small to read
Illegal not to speed
Donââ,¬â,,¢t do your napping at home
Sleep when youââ,¬â,,¢re on the go

I speed past the spots
I used to stop
And hang out with my friends
While memories contend with steel
For which is real?

Drive
Flying through the air you never
Feel the road you used to know
The bumps and turns the stop and go
The boredom when the freeway slowed

You speed past the props
The bars and shops
So easy to pretend

Drive
Flying through the air you never feel
So easy to pretend itââ,¬â,,¢s real
The bumps and turns
The stop and go
The boxes filled with dreams below
The boredom when the freeway slows

Fantastic Max

Quote from: machatte on May 08, 2007, 06:55:57 pm

I know you probably have a way to find these if you want, but since the conversation is about the song I'll put the lyrics up.
When ozma broke up Jose wanted to record D-Song with Yes Dear - I ended up making a new song out of that basic melody which turned into IW.

Finally, some back story. Ha. Thanks for the little tidbout about that, Ryen. Very interesting.
-Donkey Lips

I Like Ozma

Rome

Quote from: I Like Ozma on May 09, 2007, 04:57:54 pm
why did he post the lyrics again?

Quote from: machatte on May 08, 2007, 06:55:57 pm

FireAarro

Quote from: Sandguy on May 06, 2007, 10:40:54 am
interesting... on a semi-related note. i remember the first time i heard motorology at the reunion show, i got a domino effect vibe from the first part of the verses... until it turned minor.

Same!
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Fantastic Max

Quote from: FireAarro on May 09, 2007, 09:38:30 pm

Same!
Same as well.
-Donkey Lips

Seb

The main thing I get from Motorology is Spending Time... if you compare the I'm still dreaming of clock towers and synchronicity with Once you've crossed it, then you've lost it, there's a hint of similarity just for that one line...

"Just tell me one thing - is this business, or is it personal? Because if it's business, then I'll go away happily. But if it's personal? I'll go away. But I won't be happy."

I Like Ozma

my friend had a polytone of the first star trek theme song or something, and i kept thinking it was motorology.