Started by noonchild, December 07, 2004, 12:54:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

noonchild

///

This one's gotta be my favorite...

It's like the full house theme song with a hint of Canon in there...very nice

OMGWTFBBQ

holy cow, they put up a website!

also... holy cow, good song! sounds like new Arlo sort of. i love it. The new drummer really completes the picture, so hooray for that. Best recording yet, maybe best song.

nick

wow.  i listened to that three times in a row.  yes dear is getting better and better.

~IYQ

nick

Quote from: ~IYQ on December 08, 2004, 10:56:41 am
Love Apple meets Boston?

haha!  imaginary +1

also, am i the only one who didn't realize that arlo had actually broken up?  i read it in nate's bio.  man, i was looking forward to their next album...

kitten

er, i think you are.  it was posted on the oof a while back.

angie

arlo was performing this song last year....so that could be why it sounds like "new arlo"
i'm pretty sure it was intended for that new album which i do think they recorded
don't know what's gonna happen with it though

Not Jason

i actually think "don't give up" is easily my least favorite yes dear song.  I like it, but i really liked the rock edge that the others had that this one seems to lack.  in any case, it's good, and i look forward to more.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

jvstin

also my least favorite. catchy though...i just wish ryen would cut loose a monster guitar solo.

this is kind of off topic, but, what exactly does jose do now that they have a new drummer? i hope he plays guitar. that would be pretty rad
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

Not Jason

Quote from: minorthreat on December 08, 2004, 08:39:08 pm
also my least favorite. catchy though...i just wish ryen would cut loose a monster guitar solo.

this is kind of off topic, but, what exactly does jose do now that they have a new drummer? i hope he plays guitar. that would be pretty rad

that's my understanding.  feel free somebody to correct me if i'm wrong.
I am the baseball.

bulb dylan

nick

Quote from: koneko on December 08, 2004, 12:11:57 pm
er, i think you are.Ã,  it was posted on the oof a while back.

yeah, i kinda missed a bunch of the last days of the oof.  i was pretty busy at the time.

Not Jason

I am the baseball.

funwithsponges

I finally went and listened to all the songs there, cuz I've been neglecting to for a while.  After listening to each one time, I still liked "Prove It" best.  I guess that's weird cuz that was the one song of theirs I've actually heard more than the one time I listened tonight.  Don't know what that means.

Not Jason

Quote from: funwithsponges on December 09, 2004, 12:16:06 am
I finally went and listened to all the songs there, cuz I've been neglecting to for a while.Ã,  After listening to each one time, I still liked "Prove It" best.Ã,  I guess that's weird cuz that was the one song of theirs I've actually heard more than the one time I listened tonight.Ã,  Don't know what that means.

it means that "prove" it is a fucking great song.  I like "antidote" a lot as well, but i agree that "prove it" may be the best of the lot.
I am the baseball.

bulb dylan

Quote from: Not Jason on December 08, 2004, 11:54:39 pm
Quote from: Old Faithful on December 08, 2004, 11:49:49 pm
3 guitars.

really?

yes. Marty on bass and Jeremiah on drums. If you guys never heard Teen Heroes (Jeremiah's old band) I recommend it. Also Marty plays keys in Bad Dudes. Samuel.

k24

jvstin

no one else thinks surf the intensity is a kick ass song?

icecreamman

Quote from: minorthreat on December 09, 2004, 04:07:10 pm
I think its my favorite.  I can't really decide, I really like the feedback in the last verse of Give me the End.  Don't give up is my least favorite too.

jvstin

Quote from: icecreamman on December 09, 2004, 04:09:47 pm
Quote from: minorthreat on December 09, 2004, 04:07:10 pm
I think its my favorite.Ã,  I can't really decide, I really like the feedback in the last verse of Give me the End.Ã,  Don't give up is my least favorite too.
yeah, i prefer ryen's songs...they're a lot stronger in my opinion

The Other Mike

I thin kthis is my favorite YD song... the synth is very nice
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Plus-one

yes dear has yet to let me down.

:D
I<3Jennifer Tilly

www.myspace.com/corystegall
www.myspace.com/jetjagyouare (music ...check it)
"dont miss your one chance to experiment with cannibalism AKA my funeral."

nick

Quote from: The Other Mike on December 09, 2004, 06:18:35 pm
I thin kthis is my favorite YD song... the synth is very nice

i agree.  while i love "prove it", i'm a sucker for synth.

ShortyMac

Quote from: Old Faithless on December 09, 2004, 10:31:01 am
Quote from: Not Jason on December 08, 2004, 11:54:39 pm
Quote from: Old Faithful on December 08, 2004, 11:49:49 pm
3 guitars.

really?

yes. Marty on bass and Jeremiah on drums. If you guys never heard Teen Heroes (Jeremiah's old band) I recommend it. Also Marty plays keys in Bad Dudes. Samuel.

Ok, to make this official, this comes from the Yes Dear Forum, it's what the band posted.
Jose-Vocals, Guitar
Marty-Bass, Keys
Miah-Drums
Nate-Vocals, Keys, Guitar
Ryen-Vocals, Guitar, Keys
Punker For Life...
Or at least until my hearing goes out!

I like ozma

noonchild

Strange... I don't remember making this thread... let alone being into yes dear.  Ahhh drugs.
The light cast dark shadows all around me

Fantastic Max

Quote from: noonchild on March 07, 2006, 11:26:50 pm
Strange... I don't remember making this thread... let alone being into yes dear.Ã,  Ahhh drugs.
This thread confused the hell out of me, I thought it was new.
I was like "What the hell, did they record a new demo of the old song?" or "Did they get the title wrong?" Haha, dumbass.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

I like ozma

its fun bringing back old threads

amish

March 08, 2006, 10:02:49 am #29 Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 10:05:41 am by amish
I'd like to see you make a post that contributes to a thread in any way shape or form. You are single handedly the most annoying member I have ever seen. Why didn't you ask for a fifth time why your karma is so low again?

---

Funny how Yes Dear "gave up" after losing Jose. Way to believe in your lyrics, guys.

EDIT: Oh wait, they're not breaking up. I revoke my previous statement about them giving up. (Notice how I didn't make a second reply to do this? WOW!)