April 29, 2024, 12:08:06 pm

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

The Biweekly Bootleg - Daniel Brummel - 2000-08-25 - KUCI, Irvine, CA

Started by Not Jason, June 13, 2005, 11:41:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Jason

You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

~IYQ

Quote from: Not Jason on June 13, 2005, 11:41:22 pmI'm open to suggestions if anybody has any specific requests.
FREEBIRD

sadmachine

thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! i lost this show when my hard drive went kaput at the end of last summer, and i'd forgot how cool it is.

OMGWTFBBQ

Not Jason

Quote from: OMGWTFBBQ on June 14, 2005, 11:48:05 am
i still listen to this all the time.

Me too.  The covers are excelent, and I think "Weathertalk" might be one of the best orginals Daniel's ever done.
I am the baseball.

funwithsponges

One of the few(I think) Ozma related boots I don't have.  Thanks!

Kyosho

When I first got these mp3s a few months ago, I couldn't stop listening to them. They're really great. I'm glad you put these up Jason, people should hear them.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

geektheindierocker

Thanks a bunch for posting this, I never knew about this bootleg or some of these original Brummel songs. I really hope more of these will be hosted in the future, I'd like to own as many good copies of every Brummel song he has performed.

Not Jason

This is probably a long shot, considering I've started to believe that I have almost everything that is surfaced, but I have to ask:

Does anybody have any other Daniel Brummel (or Daniel Brummel and the Contraband) bootlegs?  I know more exist, but none of them are in my possession.

I think one of these times instead of a real bootleg I might just do random odds and ends, like old demos or isolated live tracks of particular note that don't have a full surfaced bootleg to associate with.  Cause I was just thinking about the other version of 10:04 I have, which got me to thinking of some of the other isolated live tracks I have, and subsequently about things like the old daniel brummel cover of "game over" and the rendition of "superstar" from Washington D.C.

I really love all the songs on this bootleg.  Even the silly cover of "Eternal Flame" is oddly moving.  I really like "Lawn Darts" too.  Does anyone have any Smile mp3s they could hit me up with?
I am the baseball.

Kyosho

Yeah, about Smile...does anyone know if they even have a website? I'm curious about them as well.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

crushedhat

Wow. 2000? This is pretty old. I often forget how young Ozma really was/is. I can't believe they were my age or younger when they made RRP3! /jealous  :'(

By the way, this set is beautiful.

Cremo

is there any chance anyone could send me the last two songs of the June bootleg, i've been away for a week and couldn't download the last two.

09 - Battlescars
10 - Eponine

neilcremins@gmail.com please

FireAarro

Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Not Jason

Quote from: FireAarro on June 15, 2005, 05:51:53 am
i heart dan

He sounds kinda depressed when speaking. Heh.

i think he was just a little nervous.

as for smile.  i know that everyone always used to tell me to listen to them, and then i remember hearing the broke up.
I am the baseball.

warren

members of smile formed a great new band called satisfaction.Ã,  check them out at http://www.myspace.com/satisfaction or http://www.satisfactionmusic.com .Ã,  I have smile's girl crushes boy album on itunes if people want it.Ã,  my aol sn is beatles136.

OMGWTFBBQ

basically, Satisfaction is Smile, with a different rhythm section. and new songs.

they're actually doing 'I make the dead' in satisfaction now, which was a Smile barn burner they never recorded. I'm hoping 'she took everything' makes a resurgence too.

jvstin

"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

Not Jason

I am the baseball.

cheetor

stink. i was going to ask for some contraband but i guess we're stuck for now. perhaps for the next bootleg, songs that aren't ozma songs, ie coffee shop girl. perhaps a bootleg of non-english ozma songs, i have a few from spending time in japanese.

The Other Mike

Quote from: cheetor on June 17, 2005, 02:08:21 pm
perhaps for the next bootleg, songs that aren't ozma songs, ie coffee shop girl.

either you're kidding or you're retarded.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Not Jason

Quote from: cheetor on June 17, 2005, 02:08:21 pm
stink. i was going to ask for some contraband but i guess we're stuck for now. perhaps for the next bootleg, songs that aren't ozma songs, ie coffee shop girl. perhaps a bootleg of non-english ozma songs, i have a few from spending time in japanese.

well, i think the show i posted is outstanding.  if you don't like it, sorry i guess.  as per contraband.  the only contraband i have is the album, i'm not sure I feel content posting that.  if i do the odds and ends thing i suggested, it would include some live contraband.

as for japanese ozma songs, the only one that i know of is utsukushii shibuya, and everyone has that (it's on the enhanced section of spending time).  so as for "a few" i have no idea what you could be talking about.

i refuse to post popularly mislabeled non-ozma songs, especially because every single one i've heard has been complete crap.
I am the baseball.

Andy

Kyosho

What do you mean by Warp Tour? Like, live bootlegs or what? If you're referring to the official Warped Tour cd though, it's disappointing. Just the album version of No One Needs To Know. I bought it for THAT? Oy.

bulb dylan

Quote from: Kyosho on June 18, 2005, 01:48:18 am
What do you mean by Warp Tour? Like, live bootlegs or what? If you're referring to the official Warped Tour cd though, it's disappointing. Just the album version of No One Needs To Know. I bought it for THAT? Oy.

This is the bootleg thread.  :-\

Not Jason

i know of no bootlegs of ozma from their warped tour shows.  the best i've got is an incomplete video clip of korobeiniki.
I am the baseball.

lisa marie

jason, this set fucking rocks.
i absoloutly love it!
thank you so so so much.

i just got an ipod and it was the first thing i listened to on it
:)

jvstin

Quote from: Not Jason on June 18, 2005, 05:37:44 pm
i know of no bootlegs of ozma from their warped tour shows.Ã,  the best i've got is an incomplete video clip of korobeiniki.
do you have any pre-spending time bootlegs? i'd love to hear a live version of baseball. i remember hearing one long ago and creaming my pants (dan's voice was full of passion).
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

Bob511

The two available boots of "Baseball" of which I know offhand are the Cincinnati show on 2002.04.29 and the SF show at Slim's on 2003.05.14.