April 30, 2024, 06:23:47 pm

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

Ozma Videos?

Started by Andrew, April 22, 2005, 07:58:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

Anyone know where I can download Ozma music videos?

Andy

April 22, 2005, 10:09:20 am #1 Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 10:10:10 am by Andy
www.chi-com.com/video
they have all 4

Potentially Tim

This is random, but does anyone know what kind of video camera they used to film the video for Bad Dogs? It looks REALLY good.

Signumark

Quote from: Bullies to go on May 04, 2005, 11:23:38 pm
This is random, but does anyone know what kind of video camera they used to film the video for Bad Dogs? It looks REALLY good.

I thought it was just the shutter speed or film type that made it look so good.  It reminded me of the beach-storming scene in Saving Private Ryan.

When I read about that film at the time, apparently the 'look' is made by a type of film or processing that means that every frame shows a defined image, whereas the frames in 'normal' films are slightly blurred, as they show the transition from the previous frame to the next frame.  By making every frame sharp and defined, the movie looks overly-sharp and slightly jerky.  And cool.  Like in Bad Dogs or the beach-storming scene in Saving Private Ryan

When I think of the Bad Dogs, I always think of that shot of Jose whirling around with his guitar.  That's the defining shot of the video for me.

Ess-to-the-Eye-to-the-Jee-Enn-Ewey-to-the-Emm-to-the-Ay-to-the-Arr-Kay...Phooey

Andy

i wish i had that kung fu dvd that had all the vids on it

Indoor Fireworks

Quote from: Andy on April 22, 2005, 10:09:20 am
www.chi-com.com/video
they have all 4

Wait... 4? I know there is Domino Effect (which I don't see on that list), Bad Dogs, and Spending Time. Which video am I unaware of?

Jonathan
You have balls. I like balls.

Swiz0r

eponine!

eponine, spending time hi ^ lo, bad dogs.  You're right about domino effect though, i don't see it.

Indoor Fireworks

Is there an actual video for eponine or is it just that one with the guy dancing around? I'd download it, but i have a slow connection, so I want it to actually be worth the time. Im not quite in the mood to wait an hour to watch a man in his underwear.

Holla!
You have balls. I like balls.

Not Jason

i'm pretty sure that dumb eponine video somehow became "official"
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

///

and what about the Your Name video that jose made?   is that floating around anywhere?

tom

i dont know for sure, but I doubt they'd use any kind of real film for the video, that can be quite expensive.
i think its just good digital with some sort of filter.

tom

a myspace message from db:

if i remember correctly, bad dogs was all DV.  dir. by nate weaver, he did real good color correction on it afterwards too.

d

Nordel

I have this VHS that Dan sent me of the videos for If My Amp Had Wheels and Just Tell Me When. One of the funniest/cheesiest things I have ever seen.

antiuser

Domino Effect and Bad Dogs are on the ozma file repository. I'll upload the other 2 tonight.

January 12, 2006, 03:56:52 pm #14 Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 09:29:01 pm by srm006
Quote from: Signumark on May 06, 2005, 01:41:03 pm
Quote from: Bullies to go on May 04, 2005, 11:23:38 pm

I thought it was just the shutter speed or film type that made it look so good.Ã,  It reminded me of the beach-storming scene in Saving Private Ryan.

When I read about that film at the time, apparently the 'look' is made by a type of film or processing that means that every frame shows a defined image, whereas the frames in 'normal' films are slightly blurred, as they show the transition from the previous frame to the next frame.Ã,  By making every frame sharp and defined, the movie looks overly-sharp and slightly jerky.Ã,  And cool.Ã,  Like in Bad Dogs or the beach-storming scene in Saving Private Ryan

Whoa.Ã,  So I'm following up to this 8 months after Tim asked but whatever ('cause with all the advice Tim gives me, I owe him):Ã, 

Signumark is right, but I wanted to clarify that the difference would be that the footage was NOT shot interlaced.Ã,  IF it was actually shot with REAL FILM (although it doesn't appear to be) that wouldn't have been an issue.Ã,  Although some DV professional and consumer video cameras these days will have shoot settings so that you can actually film in 30 still frames per second--essentially taking 30 photos a second.Ã,  My guess is that's what they did.Ã,  There are HEAVY video filters applied though, which--while paired up with the unsteady camera and quick zooms--is what makes this look like Saving Private Ryan.

phatpubah

Quote from: sandbaby on January 12, 2006, 01:52:38 pm
I have this VHS that Dan sent me of the videos for If My Amp Had Wheels and Just Tell Me When. One of the funniest/cheesiest things I have ever seen.
omg are you serious?
you have that?!
CPL593H

Fantastic Max

"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

DougieZero

Quote from: sandbaby on January 12, 2006, 01:52:38 pm

they offered those for sale on their website when they first started.

i think one of the videos was something about a flying camera or something... i have never seen them, but i heard they all look 13 yrs. old.
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members."

Nordel

The video for If My Amp Had Wheels is basically just a performance in Dans backyard (I think) by his pool. Jose and Pat look pretty much the same as they do now, but Daniel looks really young and Ryen was really skinny.

And the video for Just Tell Me When has a cool premise. Ozma is playing in their garage and there is a garage sale. One by one people start buying their instruments and then eventually people start buying the bands members. There is a funny little moment when Pat's drumsticks get taken away. And at the end they all get halled off in the back of a truck(Daniel's blue truck). I think Daniel's sister is the one who takes Ryen's guitar and his beanie. I could be mistaken. Ryen looks very skinny in this video and he has long hair. Also, this was before Star joined the band so they have that other girl. Marie I think was her name? I enjoyed these videos while they lasted but now my VCR won't play the tape. Maybe I could get it restored or something.

Kyosho

Quote from: sandbaby on January 13, 2006, 12:59:46 pmAnd the video for Just Tell Me When has a cool premise. Ozma is playing in their garage and there is a garage sale. One by one people start buying their instruments and then eventually people start buying the bands members. There is a funny little moment when Pat's drumsticks get taken away. And at the end they all get halled off in the back of a truck(Daniel's blue truck). I think Daniel's sister is the one who takes Ryen's guitar and his beanie. I could be mistaken. Ryen looks very skinny in this video and he has long hair. Also, this was before Star joined the band so they have that other girl. Marie I think was her name? I enjoyed these videos while they lasted but now my VCR won't play the tape. Maybe I could get it restored or something.

That sounds extremely amusing. Hopefully some one will eventually pop up with a tape that's still good quality.
I'll be rising high above the earth so soon, and the tears I cry might turn into the rain that gently falls upon your window. You'll never know.

Quote from: Kyosho on January 13, 2006, 03:17:58 pm
Quote from: sandbaby on January 13, 2006, 12:59:46 pmAnd the video for Just Tell Me When has a cool premise. Ozma is playing in their garage and there is a garage sale. One by one people start buying their instruments and then eventually people start buying the bands members. There is a funny little moment when Pat's drumsticks get taken away. And at the end they all get halled off in the back of a truck(Daniel's blue truck). I think Daniel's sister is the one who takes Ryen's guitar and his beanie. I could be mistaken. Ryen looks very skinny in this video and he has long hair. Also, this was before Star joined the band so they have that other girl. Marie I think was her name? I enjoyed these videos while they lasted but now my VCR won't play the tape. Maybe I could get it restored or something.

That sounds extremely amusing. Hopefully some one will eventually pop up with a tape that's still good quality.

if anyone does have that tape, you can send it to me, and I'll convert it to digital and send it back to you... That's my job!  www.RailAndSky.com

NewYorkerNick

Hmm... I just noticed that in the Spending Time on the Borderline video, The bass drum spells out "O-Z-M-A" with every beat. Cool.

Funny quote of the week:
"anyways, if you want to keep arguing about how the mae shi sucks, go for it.  Just know that you are wrong."
-The Other Mike

butterfly

i actually saw the videos of december's gig that someone posted. but can't recall the link.

Quote from: butterfly on January 18, 2006, 08:27:17 am
i actually saw the videos of december's gig that someone posted. but can't recall the link.

I believe it was simply searching "Ozma" on http://youtube.com/

antiuser

I posted the troubador videos for Your Name and Continental Drift on the file repository...