May 15, 2024, 10:30:56 am

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

Ozma in San Jose, CA 11/4/06 (Pictures&video, audio shortly)

Started by heysarahsarah, November 05, 2006, 01:17:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

heysarahsarah

November 05, 2006, 01:17:40 am Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 01:20:00 am by heysarahsarah
I'll spoiler the majority of pictures in order to not clog up the page.  Nice show, decent crowd, if small.  I didn't see any Ozmaites, so if you were there and I don't know you, hi! :)

Pictures (the lighting sucked...backlighting is about the worst thing ever for pictures):

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

video:
Fight The Darkness (ironically appropriate video)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=F4RivTf5voQ

Battlescars:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mUGEpKVSkZI

Hopefully Bob will post audio soonish, and I'll update the title then.  Awesome show guys! :D
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

jvstin

sweet!

i was there. i recognized both you and bob.

i was in the front/middle. got knocked over a few times when people got rowdy.

(grey plaid shirt, cargo shorts, boots)
"in the immortal words of Thomas G. Warrior: ughhhhh!!"

heysarahsarah

Quote from: ^_^ on November 05, 2006, 01:41:39 am
sweet!

Oh yes, I saw you :)  Yeah, crowd was fairly polite about their moshing for the most part, but there were a few mishaps it seems.  Overall quite fun, though an odd venue.  What was with the Warcraft themed Jesus banners?  ???
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

jvstin

Quote from: heysarahsarah on November 05, 2006, 02:07:54 am
Quote from: ^_^ on November 05, 2006, 01:41:39 am
sweet!

Oh yes, I saw you :)Ã,  Yeah, crowd was fairly polite about their moshing for the most part, but there were a few mishaps it seems.Ã,  Overall quite fun, though an odd venue.Ã,  What was with the Warcraft themed Jesus banners?Ã,  ???
yeah, it didn't feel like a real venue. it was basically a small chapel stripped down for space.

there was a huge wooden cross directly above the band, but the guys working there covered it up with a white screen.

i really don't get why some people try to mosh at ozma shows. i mean, i'm into the music and doing my own thing. suddenly, my ass gets knocked to the floor. being annoyed and worried (about not hurting other people when you're getting thrown around) are the last things i want to feel during an ozma show.

jvstin

natalie portman
spending time
shooting stars
eponine
fight the darkness
ykts - domino effect- landing of yuri garagin
apple trees
korobeiniki
game over
battle scars
rocks

i'm pretty sure this was how it went. they didn't play or replaced some songs on the setlist (i managed to steal one after their set)

CT-700

Thats sweet, Ryen is using his old tele. I pleasantly surprised to see from the one picture that he has a seymour duncan '59 in his bridge like me. Disapointed that the audio isn't synced. If someone uploads it to the respository I'll try to sync it.

jvstin

Quote from: CT-700 on November 06, 2006, 02:24:00 pm
Thats sweet, Ryen is using his old tele. I pleasantly surprised to see from the one picture that he has a seymour duncan '59 in his bridge like me. Disapointed that the audio isn't synced. If someone uploads it to the respository I'll try to sync it.
yeah, i remember seeing his freak tele in old pictures. it's pretty thick sounding for a telecaster, but i wish he would have played the g&l asat a little more this show.

funwithsponges

Quote from: ^_^ on November 05, 2006, 08:13:59 pm
ykts - domino effect- landing of yuri garagin

Is this a typo?  And if not, was it fucking Samuel?

Bob511

"This is a song off our second album."
::Intro to YKTS::
::Switch to Domino Effect::
::End Domino Effect::
::Switch to Landing::

Yeah, it was pretty amusing, and sounded cool.  Nice to see things being mixed up like that; almost made me want to hear a medley just of their intros.

noonchild

The light cast dark shadows all around me

FireAarro

Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

Bob511

Andy

Scott Peltz

That show rocked! I totally didn't see anyone, but I stayed kinda towards the back, which in this crowd meant 5 feet from the stage.

The medley was so cool! They did a ton of improv in almost every song. I hadn't seen then since may, and at that show they did almost none, so it was pretty different. The intro to appletrees was done with Ryen and Daniel instead of Star and Daniel, and it included some cool improv.

Hey Sarah, did the setlist already include Fight the darkness? I wish they would've played Turtleneck instead of gameover.

Ryen looked like a scary bum. I didn't talk to him because I thought he might stab me for a loaf of bread.

jvstin

Quote from: Scott Peltz on November 08, 2006, 10:58:39 am
That show rocked! I totally didn't see anyone, but I stayed kinda towards the back, which in this crowd meant 5 feet from the stage.

The medley was so cool! They did a ton of improv in almost every song. I hadn't seen then since may, and at that show they did almost none, so it was pretty different. The intro to appletrees was done with Ryen and Daniel instead of Star and Daniel, and it included some cool improv.

Hey Sarah, did the setlist already include Fight the darkness? I wish they would've played Turtleneck instead of gameover.

Ryen looked like a scary bum. I didn't talk to him because I thought he might stab me for a loaf of bread.
yes, it included fight the darkness. didn't they dedicate that song to you?

i too wish that they had played turtleneck instead... since they gave us a choice.

i loved the segue into landing of yuri garagin (the vaguely metal sounding descent into the E B C D progression). they do some really cool shit live.

did anyone see any of the opening bands? the first two were probably the gayest bands i've ever witnessed on stage... but mainly the first band. 'everybody else' was pretty good/entertaining though.

Scott Peltz

November 09, 2006, 09:15:30 am #17 Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 09:35:40 am by Scott Peltz
yeah, they dedicated it to me, that's why I was wondering if it was already on the set list, or if they just threw it in, since she said they had made some changes.

yeah, I thought that the opening bands got progressively better as the night went on. Everybody Else wasn't bad. A little too poppy for me, but I might check 'em out again. Apparently my band almost opened instead of Ashes Ashes, but the venue guy had heard we broke up, so he didn't call us. :(

CT-700

jvstin

tom

battlescars is the 2nd best live song ever.
(say what you want about weezer, but it doesnt get better than "only in dreams")

I like ozma

CT-700

Its true OID is the ultimate live song. The 8 minutes go by so fast. Once you hit the build up the last few minutes fly by. But I guess we really shouldn't be talking about this hear  ::)

Elliott

Quote from: tom on December 26, 2006, 06:15:42 pm
battlescars is the 2nd best live song ever.
(say what you want about weezer, but it doesnt get better than "only in dreams")

Alex

Aw man, Only In Dreams is my favorite song of all time, and I've seen Weezer live 3 times and they've never played it..  When I saw Ozma they didn't play Battlescars either, on a related note.

I guess the point of this is,  :'(
We can blast way inside

I like ozma

i dont think ive ever seen ozma and they didnt play battlescars

WhoYouCallinWeez

December 29, 2006, 07:03:35 pm #26 Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 04:50:22 pm by WhoYouCallinWeez
yea Ozma did *NOT* play battlescars when i went. not a big fan of that song.
did see the Weez play OiD. huge smoke effect, lighting to look like it was lightening. then u see the shadow of a fan on stage jumping up and down, then the shadow of security slammin him to the stage. it was great. it was Nov. 01 when they played with The D and Jimmy Eat World, they played alot of Clarity and lil of Bleed American, so i was happy to seem them at least once b4 they got MTVized.

CT-700

tom

To add to my list:
1. Only In Dreams
2. Battlescars
3. Biggest Star (the elected)
4. Paper Boats (nada surf)

...and yes, I do like 8 minute long live songs.
I guess you have to experience it to see what I mean.
They all have that Build-Up factor, and make for awesome live songs.

theozman

i like 1)domino effect 2)battlescars those are my two favorites and if they dont play them it isnt even a great concert.
Fighting on the internet is like winning the special olympics. Even if you win youre still retarded..