1 (3.1%)
Underneath My Tree
0 (0%)
Straight Flush
1 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: June 08, 2007, 11:48:46 pm

Fantastic Max

Whoa, my Eponine, you and I both know that No One Needs to Know we left the island.

Seeing as those two were gonna leave first anyway, and it was a tie, I decided not to do a tie-breaker. That'd be ridiculous and unnecessary, which brings us to Round 2. Let the games begin, for most.

3 days, this time.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

VanSlegr Fan

poor poor Ryen, his songs are the only ones getting voted for. that being said lets get lunchbreak gone. haha.
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

I save my best for last and after that don't even ask me - Beck

Oatmeal

Quote from: HammerTap on June 06, 2007, 08:45:40 am
poor poor Ryen, his songs are the only ones getting voted for. that being said lets get lunchbreak gone. haha.

Lunchbreak is one of my favorites.
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

amish

I like Lunchbreak overall, I just don't really like the beginning of it. It could totally be exactly what they were going for, but it sounds too "elementary school"-ish. If that is a proper description.

VanSlegr Fan

Quoteit sounds too "elementary school"-ish. If that is a proper description.

wow very well put. elementary, definitely. its a toss up between barriers and ftd if they make it to the next round, for me anyways. im  "....meh......" on both
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

Fantastic Max

Out of Ryen's solo-writing songs I'd say Barriers is the worst(although I don't hate it) making Fight the Darkness the best.

Fight the Darkness' high points:
The drumroll into "And you'll never feel the cooold..." at 0:37  and 1:38 with Ryen's wonderful vocals, which leads into the badass breakdown of the chorus at 1:50.
Great melodies with keys and guitar, even cool bass from Dan.

Only thing I don't like about the song, is the cheesy beginning and end. I wish it would end at 2:26 with just a resounding chord, instead of the lame, "Whooa, Fight the darkness" a bunch of times.
-Donkey Lips

VanSlegr Fan

QuoteI wish it would end at 2:26 with just a resounding chord, instead of the lame, "Whooa, Fight the darkness" a bunch of times.

see, thats what kills the song for me. i cant stand hearing "youve gotta FIGHT THE DARKNESSSSSSSS" 22 times. the repetition kills it for me.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: HammerTap on June 06, 2007, 01:00:05 pm
QuoteI wish it would end at 2:26 with just a resounding chord, instead of the lame, "Whooa, Fight the darkness" a bunch of times.

see, thats what kills the song for me. i cant stand hearing "youve gotta FIGHT THE DARKNESSSSSSSS" 22 times. the repetition kills it for me.

Haha, and the ending kind of reminds me of the theme song for something like the Street Fighter cartoon show.
-Donkey Lips

Джесси

Someone voted for "Heartache vs. Heartbreak"  :(

That said, I voted for "Barriers." It's not that I don't like the song, I simply suppose I connect to it less than the others. I personally think "Fight the Darkness" is great, though I didn't feel so until I heard it live.
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

The Other Mike

Quote from: Zoso1971 on June 06, 2007, 02:08:55 pm

I'd like to think that it was Ryen.
blackjack1084 (11:02:36 PM): eat my ass
blackjack1084 (11:02:38 PM): and get a life

www.myspace.com/therattlesnakes

Джесси

ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

Fantastic Max

Quote from: Zoso1971 on June 06, 2007, 02:28:54 pm
Quote from: The Other Mike on June 06, 2007, 02:24:54 pm
Quote from: Zoso1971 on June 06, 2007, 02:08:55 pm

I'd like to think that it was Ryen.

Lol  ;D Sabotage?

But remember, Ryen writes a lot of the great music in the album, even in HvH.

If I were Ryen, I'd be like "Screw Dan, I'm voting for 'I Wonder', muahahaha"
-Donkey Lips

heysarahsarah

ryen doesn't have a writing credit on HvH does he?  I thought music was Dan, lyrics Dan and Star?

Anyway, I think lunchbreak is an awesome song.  I voted Fight the Darkness, which is a song I like, but is better live than on album.
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

gloom-glaam

I tried voting for Fight the Darkness, but I voted for Barriers by mistake.

VanSlegr Fan

QuoteI tried voting for Fight the Darkness, but I voted for Barriers by mistake

hahaha. its ok i mix em up alot to.

machatte

I wonder who voted "I wonder" off the island? hm.....

Fantastic Max

Quote from: heysarahsarah on June 06, 2007, 03:51:38 pm
ryen doesn't have a writing credit on HvH does he?  I thought music was Dan, lyrics Dan and Star?

Anyway, I think lunchbreak is an awesome song.  I voted Fight the Darkness, which is a song I like, but is better live than on album.
I'm sure those badass guitar licks in the song were written by Ryen, is what I was referring to.
I believe Dan wrote the rest of the song on acoustic.
-Donkey Lips

Fantastic Max

-Donkey Lips

Martha Gail

Man, I really like Fight the Darkness.  I rocked out to it last night.  Really.
That's Cobra on Cobra action.

VanSlegr Fan

actually i agree massively with Samantha. when the drums kicked the song off i instantly thought "WOAH they were right hearing this song live makes it great" .... and Ryen said Lunchbreak was played live for the 2nd time last nite, and i will say i like it more as well once i heard it live, somehow.... i saw it as more fun, i dunno, like it more now.

machatte

Barriers and FTD are going to start their own Island and not let of the other songs on it, and we're only gonna listen to "Island in the Sun"

Alex

With Eponine gone, this poll is already too difficult for me to continue with it. 

This reminds me, I haven't listened to Pasadena in a week or two now.  I've just been getting so much new music!  Time to solve that.
We can blast way inside

heysarahsarah

Quote from: machatte on June 10, 2007, 12:35:10 am
Barriers and FTD are going to start their own Island and not let of the other songs on it, and we're only gonna listen to "Island in the Sun"

haha

fwiw I think Barriers is fucking great and I don't know why it's getting so many votes.  ???
Bob511i: But SARAH is my <3

No day but today.

VanSlegr Fan

i think its better than Lunchbreak anyways.

if i was stranded on the island with Barriers and FTD, id want to listen to Total Ecplise of the Heart.