April 18, 2024, 04:38:38 am

News:

When's the last time you said "I love you" to a friend!?

June 27 - Middle East

Started by amish, May 18, 2007, 10:44:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

amish

Tickets went on sale for June 27, Middle East in Cambridge MA. Just bought ours! Looking forward to it

anthem for a new amanda

aw Joe, no one responded to your thread.

I can't wait for this show, mostly because I get to meet JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tri$tan

me too. I'm trying to get people together for drinks beforehand but nobody's down for it :/
Quote from: Golden Laser Sword on May 20, 2010, 05:36:25 am
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

amish

Ann and I will be in Boston the whole day I believe. I don't know Boston too well, but I know we'll be parking in Revere and taking the Blue Line in. Pick a meetup place, and we'll be there! I think we're going to try to hit a few museums or something like that.

amish

It's tomorrow! What are the plans? We'd still like to do some form of a meetup, even if it just means we stand in line together.

Tri$tan

apparently, nobody but me, mandy and you are going to go today, so we'll meet you when we get into the city!
It is funny how you can get tired of something someone does, and the other person ends up being the sympathetic character. It feels like some shitty Apatow movie.

nick

i'll be there!  unfortunately, i work till 7:30, so i won't be there till about 8. 

Swiz0r

This was my first Ozma concert, and it was the very best concert I have ever been to.

Guys, I finally saw Ozma!  With my own eyes!  No matter what happens after this, I know I have lived a full life.

crimsonkitten

Quote from: nick on June 27, 2007, 08:11:15 pm
holy crap, they fucking played iceland!

Are you -serious-?

:(  So my boyfriend and I were in the very front row of the June 23 show, and it was our anniversary, and we shouted for Iceland several times, and they didn't play it...

:'(

Not Jason

That's awesome.  I'm pissed I missed it.  I couldn't possibly go though.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

amish

June 28, 2007, 05:33:34 am #11 Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 05:36:53 am by Joe
Iceland wasn't played in its entirety, more just a distraction while some bass strings were replaced. But definitely one of the best shows I've been to. I'll have a ton of pics and videos uploaded sometime today.

Here's the original setlist for now, someone with a better memory can tell you how things really went, since I know this wasn't entirely accurate

nick

yeah, like joe said, they only played part of iceland, only the first versus and chorus.  but that was good enough for me!

it was a great show.  so good to talk to band again after a few years, so good to see them play again!  and good to finally officially meet joe, and see stan again.  sorry mandy couldn't make it, i hope you're feeling better.  it also felt weird being there without jason, very strange being at an ozma show without him.

i spoke briefly with jose, asking him about the status of the band and how he felt about the re-formation, and the lack of pat.  he said that once daniel came back to LA, they all realized they missed playing together, and they loved making records, so they plan on being together for a while.  he said pat was kinda hard to tour with, was a very angry guy, but that ken is really nice and laid back.  he said they're doing another tour again soon that will be coming to the east coast, so they're hoping for some more boston dates.

amish

All of my photos (and videos, I think) are being processed by the Photo Gallery software right now. They'll be available here shortly: http://www.ozmafans.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=5

The videos came out pretty awesome I think, for just being a camera with video capabilities and all.

CT-700

June 28, 2007, 09:52:22 am #14 Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 09:57:49 am by CT-700
Hmm, the pictures are great, but the videos aren't working (?).

EDIT: Nevermind, the videos just take a while to load.  :-[

amish

Make sure you have plugins for various media players. It's working on my machine in Firefox right now. I'm not positive what codecs it records with. In any case, it'll be uploaded to YouTube as soon as they finish processing.

http://www.youtube.com/OzmaFans

CT-700

amish

Quote from: CT-700 on June 28, 2007, 09:52:22 am
Hmm, the pictures are great, but the videos aren't working (?).

EDIT: Nevermind, the videos just take a while to load.  :-[
Yeah, they don't stream or anything (yet?) they just download and then play. Considering they're about 15MB each, that can take a while depending on your connection to play.

Not Jason

Quote from: nick on June 28, 2007, 06:06:11 am
it also felt weird being there without jason, very strange being at an ozma show without him.

It felt kind of weird to skip it.  I'm moving this weekend, I'm broke as fuck, and I owe a shit-ton of money.  That and the fact that I probably couldn't have found a ride (and would have therefor had to probably take a bus) left me in a position where I had a very difficult time justifying the expense.  Since I saw Ozma twice last year (bringing the grand total to 7 times), I don't feel quite so bad about it.  Still would have been cool to go though, if only just to see everyone again.
You and I were the extremities
I am the baseball.

anthem for a new amanda

Quote from: Not Jason on June 28, 2007, 12:30:37 am

That's awesome.  I'm pissed I missed it.  I couldn't possibly go though.

Me too.  ughhhhhhh tristan your house sucks

Джесси

Thank you Joe for the excellent photos and videos. I can't believe they played Maybe in an Alternate Dimension. I love that song but haven't had the chance to hear it live  :( Looks like it was an incredibly awesome show.

Also, did Dan break a string? I see him using a different bass in some of the pictures...was that the ECC bassist's?
ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

amish

Daniel broke a string I believe, and fixed it while they played Iceland as far as I can tell. That's all the string breaking we noticed.

Джесси

Quote from: Joe on June 28, 2007, 04:15:16 pm
Daniel broke a string I believe, and fixed it while they played Iceland as far as I can tell. That's all the string breaking we noticed.

Hmm...well I was asking about this bass. This is from the same show, is it not?  :-\

I Like Ozma

they played maybe in an alternate dimension? that is sooooooooo dumb, even at their reunion show they wouldnt play it.

is it just me or does daniel wear that shirt at every show?
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

Oatmeal

Quote from: I Like Ozma on June 28, 2007, 05:06:36 pm
they played maybe in an alternate dimension? that is sooooooooo dumb, even at their reunion show they wouldnt play it.

is it just me or does daniel wear that shirt at every show?
I think I thats the only shirt I remeber him wearing this tour.
Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

amish

Quote from: Zoso1971 on June 28, 2007, 04:28:31 pm

Hmm...well I was asking about this bass. This is from the same show, is it not?  :-\

I honestly can't say I know (or care) what Bass he uses to play with. Just not something I notice

But yeah, that photo is from the show. And by saying I don't care, that doesn't mean you're not allowed to, it just means that I don't know what I'm looking for, so it means nothing to me.

Джесси

Yes, I suppose that as a bassist these kind of things stick out to me. You have a valid point, in that it's not of real importance that the bass he is playing with isn't his. He doesn't travel with a backup bass, so it makes sense that he would resort to borrowing a bass from someone else. I'm just a geek when it comes to that sort of stuff.  :P

I appreciate your feedback  :) I really wish I could see them again sometime soon. I've been in need of my Ozma fix since the day after I saw them here in Dallas. Listening to bootlegs and watching live footage certainly helps. Thanks again for the vids  :)

CT-700

Didn't this happen before at an earlier show this month? Dan broke and string and then Jose decided they should play a little bit of Iceland during the wait?

Conspiracy I say. Or perhaps, a new staple of their live act?

Джесси

I wish they would have done this in Houston when they couldn't play HvH instead of just going into Tetris, which was on the set list anyway  :(

Tri$tan

maybe there's a reason for that.

also. I plan to pretend they played Maybe in an Alternate Dimension for me. and Mandy. Because Jose asked her after the NYC show and we were both like OMG ALTERNATE DIMENSION NOW OMGOMGOMG. and I asked him again when I saw him at the merch table in Boston.