May 16, 2024, 05:52:54 pm

News:

Sometimes it burns when I pee....

Ozma Survivor: Pasadena, Round 7 Tie-Breaker!

Started by Fantastic Max, June 29, 2007, 06:29:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Which song should LEAVE the OFF Island?

Heartache vs. Heartbreak
Incarnation Blues.

Fantastic Max

I never quite thought we were this split on song preference for this album, but I suppose that's a good thing..it's not like an overwhelmingly huge amount of us hate one aspect or love another, and I like that diversity factor.

Seems like the people are split as follows:

HvH fans: More welcoming of the new sound
Inc. Blues Fans: Moreso wish the band would stick to its roots.

Let the games begin.  2 days.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips

Jeff42

I absolutely love both these songs but I like HvH slightly more.

Bob511

Quote from: Fantastic Max on June 29, 2007, 06:29:59 pmHvH fans: More welcoming of the new sound
I dunno, this is like #1 and #3 on the album for me.

Captain Clay

Quote from: Fantastic Max on June 29, 2007, 06:29:59 pmHvH fans: More welcoming of the new sound
I dunno, I think they're both pretty significant departures from the older sound.

Why'd Lunchbreak gone? :(

My vote is against Heartbreak vs Heartache, though I voted Incarnation Blues last time. I go back and forth.

Also, I don't think any fake accounts were made just for that poll. The poll was started June 26, and only one account has been registered since June 26, and that was on June 26. Though people might have old ones floating around.

Martha Gail

That's Cobra on Cobra action.

Джесси

ТолÃ'Å'ко гÃ'â,¬Ã'Ð´Ã'Æ'Ã'‰ÐµÐµ - облаÃ'Ã'‚Ã'Å' поÃ'Ã'‚а.

Captain Clay

Did you set it to end after two days or not? It's not displaying an end time.

FireAarro

Quote from: Clay on June 30, 2007, 05:00:47 am
I dunno, I think they're both pretty significant departures from the older sound.

Quote from: Brady on June 30, 2007, 03:17:00 pm
Quote from: Martha Gail on June 30, 2007, 10:32:59 am
I think I like Incarnation Blues better. 
Unterreiner is tall and surprisingly thin, given that the floor of his closet is stacked high with junk food. Boxes and bags of Doritos, Twinkies and Ho-Hos spill out onto the floor. He has towels around his window to keep out the cold air at night. "I hate this old house," he said bitterly, then changed the name of an unfinished track to "Cold Day."

VanSlegr Fan

inc. blues has been #1 since first listen

QuoteDid you set it to end after two days or not? It's not displaying an end time.

Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

I save my best for last and after that don't even ask me - Beck

rmlawrence

I like Incarnation Blues, but I think it's probably the dullest of the songs that are left.  I can't really describe how I feel about it any better than that.

I Like Ozma

ive liked incarnation blues better since i first heard the album. heartache vs. heartbreak just feels like its missing something.
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

xlalaliex

Quote from: I Like Ozma on July 01, 2007, 11:08:47 am
ive liked incarnation blues better since i first heard the album. heartache vs. heartbreak just feels like its missing something.

I agree. There's something about HvH that's just kinda... eh... It's not a bad song at all, just kind of weak, if that makes any sense  :-\

VanSlegr Fan

QuoteI agree. There's something about HvH that's just kinda... eh... It's not a bad song at all, just kind of weak, if that makes any sense

total sense actually, i agree......cant quite figure out why i think its weak
Ryen Slegr and Daniel Brummel could eat a can of Alphabet Soup and poopoo out better lyrics than Rivers Cuomo

I save my best for last and after that don't even ask me - Beck

xlalaliex

Quote from: VanSlegr Fan on July 01, 2007, 08:59:43 pm
QuoteI agree. There's something about HvH that's just kinda... eh... It's not a bad song at all, just kind of weak, if that makes any sense

total sense actually, i agree......cant quite figure out why i think its weak

wow. i'm glad someone understands my awkward logic  ;D

I Like Ozma

i likewise am glad the two of you have the same thoughts that i have.
Quote from: Elliott on December 09, 2006, 03:02:12 pm
Good point, too bad theyre gonna criticize you now.

Oatmeal

Quote from: antiuser on December 09, 2007, 11:35:30 am
There aren't many bands out there that treat their fans like Ozma does.
http://oatmealmp3blog.blogspot.com/

Fantastic Max

I guess I never inputed the duration. But it's clear who won, and it's past my initial duration anyway.
"Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a pizza in my mouth."
-Donkey Lips